You are the captain of a starship venturing through a massive open universe. Customize your crew and take command at the helm of your very own ship as you explore a galaxy torn apart by internal strife, alien threats, and political intrigue.
Command your ship and crew as a space pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more in Star Traders: Frontiers – an epic space RPG from Trese Brothers Games. Venture forth into a massive open universe, rich with adventure and the lore of the Star Traders. Choose your path by assembling and commanding your custom crew and spaceship in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife, political intrigue, and alien threats. Will you fly as a pirate terrorizing shipping lanes, join the solar wars as a military captain, or track targets across the stars as a fearsome bounty hunter?
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 350 upgrades and 45 ship hulls to build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Mold the crew by your choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever ... or scarred and half-mad.
- Varied Difficulty Options! play with save slots to try out different builds or storylines or turn on character permadeath and enjoy classic roguelike experience
- Achievement Unlocks: accomplish story and challenge goals to unlock additional optional (but not better) content like new starting ships and new starting contacts
First there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war left the ruins of the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp has bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants – but it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep.
Our very first game, Star Traders RPG, took hundreds of thousands of gamers on an interstellar adventure. Star Traders’ success and overwhelmingly positive reception helped to launch Trese Brothers Games. It was the adventures of our community’s star-crossed captains that put us on a trajectory to share more of our worlds, ideas, and dreams.
We set out to capture the loneliness, bravery, and camaraderie of people living together in a spaceship sailing across the stars. It is with great pride that after releasing four other games in the Star Traders universe, we’ve created a sequel to the original Star Traders RPG.
Step onto the bridge of your starship, take to the stars, and create your own story in Star Traders: Frontiers.
- Added 3 new Interdictor craft (Cadar, Thulun, Alta Mesa) designed specifically as defensive and for dogfighting
- Added 3 new craft design visuals for new interdictor models
- Split out Interdictor's chance % to hit craft from ships, increases dogfighting accuracy by about 20% across the board
- Chance to hit enemy craft during dogfighting now based on craft Gunnery over Electronics, increases dogfighting accuracy
- Missions for ship combat now offer Navigator "Flash Charge" as an option to start the battle
- Improved Frontier Liner starting configuration to be more Exploring focused, added Harvester Bay (m) and EVA Airlock and Matchweave Suits (s)
- Fixed issues in Orbital Ops that could result in occasional Conflict/Faction mismatch
- Trait cards in Salvage improved and bugs with not applying Traits fixed
- Fixed some display issues on Game Over screen
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great mobile story experience!!!
This is the game I’ve been looking for forever. You are the heroic captain of a star ship, you decide how to engage the living universe around you and your actions advance the various quest lines through out the game. You can be the noble explorer, dodge most combat, maintain great reputation, make the moral quest line choices and save the day. Or you can be the pirate, wear a silly hat, slay every ship you see, loot everything in sight, bling out your ship, slap down fat wads of cash to fix your reputation just to make the most chaotic quest line choices and let the universe burn. And EVERYTHING in between! My only complaint is that you start the game with too much, a huge ship, big crew, tons of safety. I wish you started in a much smaller ship with a more intimate crew and slowly worked your way into larger ships and in turn had to hire more crew. While building a ton of story and emotional attachment to senior crew this would also give you more short/long term goals/rewards which this game really lacks. It may also give the game more of the kind of imagined story that effortlessly flows in games like Rimworld. That would really put this game over the top and I believe that it is pretty easily attainable. With how much the devs update the game I’m sure it will only get better with time but even as it stands this game is a bargain at twice it’s price. We need more games like this.
Glitch fix please
Came across a weird glitch I think. Was working for someone, had two missions I was working on, when all of a sudden when I got to my destination the missions had vanished. I went back but the contact had also disappeared. Is that supposed to happen? Why did she disappear? Also for some reason have had a couple mutinies without cause. Like high moral and not short on crew, so if everybody is happy and we are fully staffed then why am I getting mutinies? Wasn’t even after a battle or anything jus random mutiny while traveling. And not sure if glitch or if Im doing it wrong but even if I get the perk and proper permits to capture a prize ship it dosent let me. Are the prize ships the main battle ships or the small ships launched durring battle? If its the small ones could you add some sort of system where we cab tow a captured main ship back to a port and repair and keep it or sell it for money. It would also be nice if all the dry docks were connected because I had left a ship at one before and wasn’t able to find it again. Maybe at least make a system that tells you where all your owned ships are? Also could you add some sort of help page so I don’t have to go through apple to report glitches? I feel like these aren’t usually read. Anyway aside from those glitches the game is really fun and I have been enjoying playing it.
I took a chance on this one, even though there was no demo, because I’ve been looking for a good space sim that lets me move about freely and choose my own career path. After looking into the game online, reading/watching reviews, etc., I bought the game. It has not disappointed. I’ve been having a blast with it! There are so many choices, and the universe goes on no matter what you do. I chose to ignore some of the main story to follow my own path, and events unfolded without my involvement. Now I want to replay it to see if I could have affected the outcome. I chose to play as a spy my first time through, avoiding combat as much as possible. I’ve been largely successful, except for one crew battle where I lost two of my best soldiers and was forced to surrender to spare the other two. I’ve got one faction so mad at me, that their ships attack me on sight, and their planets deny me all fueling, medical, and repair services! Thanks for the fun game. Well done!
- Trese Brothers LLC
- 318.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011 Trese Brothers
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.