Another update rolls out with new widgets and an improved history view! Stay tuned for more updates and a holiday bonus coming soon!
Training Today constantly monitors your Health Data from Apple Watch to determine your readiness to train (RTT) each day and throughout the day.
Training Today can help you stay safe from overtraining injury or let you know if it’s the best time to work hard, take it easy, or have a rest day (yes, please).
Developed with British Triathlon Coaches and tested on athletes of varying ability, we have taken a holistic view of your life by using the advanced capabilities of Apple Watch to monitor your health 24hrs a day and process that data to create a simple, accurate readiness to train (RTT) score to help you reach your training goal.
* Calculates your readiness to train (RTT) score automatically throughout the day.
* Presents a multi-day chart showing how your score is changing.
* Using the Digital Crown, you can scroll through previous RTT scores on the chart.
* Runs independently on Apple Watch; no need for iPhone to be present.
* iPhone companion app also shows your current RTT score and tutorial.
* Full support for all complications means you can quickly glance at your watch and see your current RTT score at any time.
* Because each athlete handles variations differently, you can fine-tune the recommendations and chart using adjustable “smoothing” and “intensity” settings in the iPhone app (with a subscription)
* We use Heart Rate Variability (HRV), Workout detection and our own algorithm to determine your RTT score. For best performance, wear your Apple Watch as much as possible and overnight if you can. You can force a new HRV reading if needed by using the Apple Breathe app. Using two Apple Watches on the same Apple ID account is fully supported (though it can take a little while to sync the data between them)
* Automatic filtering of outlier data (e.g. very larger variances in data)
* Workout detection - we detect when you have completed a workout logged to Apple Health and show it on the chart. Tap the screen when you see one to get details of the workout and better understand the impact on your RTT score.
* Post workout prompt - if you have completed a workout but we don't have a recent HRV reading, the chart will show an exclamation indicator (!) prompting you to use the Breathe app to get a new reading so we can update your RTT score and chart.
The following are available in the subscription version:
* Apple Watch notifications when your RTT drops by a configured amount compared to your 4-day average.
* View your RTT chart on your iPhone as well as your Apple Watch
* View your complete baseline HRV and RHR (Resting Heart Rate) data in the iPhone app and scroll through the related weekly RTT charts.
* Fine-tune your RTT score using Smoothing and Intensity Settings on your iPhone
* Add widgets to your iPhone home screens and lock screens showing your current RTT score and chart/
* Compare your Resting Heart Rate data with your RTT and HRV scores.
* Notifications on Apple Watch
- support for French, German, and Spanish languages
- context tagging.
- data sharing.
- a new learning section
- dynamic training plans.
More info at https://TrainingTodayApp.com
The Training Today iPhone and Apple Watch app (“App)” provides only information, is not medical or treatment advice, and may not be treated as such by the user. As such, this App may not be relied upon for the purposes of medical diagnosis or as a recommendation for medical care or treatment. The information on this App is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and information, contained on or available through this App is for general information purposes only.
Note: Original Apple Watches (Series 0) are not supported because they do not support HRV or watchOS 6 or later, and users under 16 are not supported because HRV data is unavailable.
- A full history of your HRV and RHR data with a new easy to navigate Yearly, Monthly and Weekly View available on iPhone. Browse through your entire history to see how your base fitness (HRV) has changed over time (higher is better but check out our blog for a more detailed explanation)
- A new RTT Chart home screen widget showing your weekly chart and current score - it looks great as a double-width widget!
- An updated lock screen widget with Training Today iconography for added clarity.
- A new lock screen widget showing your RTT chart. Add it next to the existing RTT Score widget for the full picture right from your lock screen.
- Various other updates and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good... in theory?
Edit 2: changing to 5 stars because Ian on the dev team went above and beyond to help me out with the app. Couldn't figure it out in the long run but appreciate the customer support and will keep the app to see if/how it improves over time.
Edit: ended up just deleting. No response from team with an app that's got just over 200 reviews. The app might as well be just pulling arbitrary numbers. I'm fully rested and ready to train, and it's telling me I'm at a 3 and should rest. Better off just seeing how you feel than try and decipher what this app is trying to tell you. Not sure what the 5 star reviews are about.
Not sure how to read this. I workout heavy weights for over an hour. Sleep a decent 7 hours. Run 4 miles in 100 degree weather and it still says "10 - peak performance!" How about maybe 5? And this is with intensity adjusted to -10. Like, what? Not to mention it has said "no hrv reading use breathe app" every day even though i have hrv readings via my health app AND have done the breathe app twice each day. So what exactly does your app DO? I know what it's SUPPOSED to do. Luckily it's free and easy to delete. Anyone have suggestions for an app that does what this says it does but actually works? Im willing to pay. Just want something to help gauge my recovery and "readiness" to train.
Developer Response ,
Sorry we have not responded earlier and I’d like to understand why the app is reporting bad data for you. If you would like to give it another go please email me at email@example.com and we can investigate
Excellent so far
I’ve been trying to incorporate HRV into my training for a while but so far available apps have insisted on specific hardware and/or been too top-heavy looking for manually inputted correlations with other metrics. Many of the latter exist in other app ecosystems that only partially share data with each other or with apple health. I’d frankly rather be out riding my bike that any more messing around with this, and have been waiting for a solution that just used what’s on hand in apple health already. I get that it’s not as good as standalone hardware, and that ideally HRV would be measured at a fixed time, like every am etc., but it’s still data, and after looking at it for over a year (and using Breathe first thing each am) it does correlate with how I’m feeling and my performance.
So, 5 minutes with this new app and using existing apple health data it perfectly predicted in retrospect what my week has been like, including having felt fantastic on the bike this morning, which was correlated with a 10/10 peak performance prediction.
Not much in the iOS app itself, but the watch complication/app is perfect. Get it. Oh, and I’d be willing to pay for this BTW.
Love the app and can’t wait for more features!
Hello, I just had to comment because this app is exactly what I have been looking for and does a great job at it too. In essence, this app tracks your HRV over a period of time, including during the evening which is the best time to measure when viewing how “recovered” you are and ready to take on more strain. I compare this to the Whoop strap recovery system, and it’s pretty spot on regarding how recovered my body is compared to Whoop. I know Whoop takes HRV, RHR, and sleep into account for their recovery score, and I think this only takes into account HRV. I know the others might be duplicative and I’m not sure if this takes into account RHR. Keep it up though, look forward to more features as you roll them out!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Betoli Ltd
- 6.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Betoli Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Additional charts $5.99
- Monthly subscription $1.99
- Lifetime $19.99
- Yearly subscription $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.