The official American Express® Mobile App for iPhone® allows you to access your Account from anywhere. Track spending and rewards, find offers, pay your bill, and enjoy features only available in the Amex App.
Log in securely with the same User ID and password you use on americanexpress.com.au.
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR SPENDING
• Check your balance, pending transactions, and access past PDF statements.
• See your payment status, pay your bill or set up/edit a Direct Debit.
• Easily find transactions from the past seven months with our new Search feature. Search by merchant name, filter by date range and your results will include credits and debits from both the Primary, Additional and Employee Card Members.
• Set up your Card with Apple Pay to conveniently pay in store, in apps and online.
• Check your spending power. Enter an amount for an expected purchase and you’ll see if it’ll be approved.*
• Lock and unlock your Card instantly at any time.
• Plan It™ Instalments offers you a flexible way to pay off your Credit Card balance in equal monthly instalments, with 0% per annum interest and a fixed monthly fee. **
• Activate your Card and view, change or unlock your PIN.
• Easy and secure access to your Account with Touch ID® login (iPhone 5 and above with iOS 8+) and Face ID® login (iPhone X and above).
• Turn on purchase alerts to be notified when your Card is charged and payment reminders so you never make late payments.
• Retrieve your User ID and reset your password.
EXPLORE REWARDS AND BENEFITS
• Track, view and use your points.
• Use points to pay back eligible purchases via a statement credit on your Account^
• See personalised recommendations for other ways to use your points.
• Refer a friend and earn rewards when friends and family get an American Express Card.
DELIGHT IN SAVINGS WITH AMEX OFFERS*
• Discover offers from places you shop, dine, travel and more.
• Explore a map of nearby offers.
We use your personal information to present offers that we think will be most relevant to you.
Not registered for Online Services? Register for Online Services at americanexpress.com.au/register or select “New to Amex?” at the bottom of the login screen of the Amex App.
The App is also available on iPhone® and iPod touch®.
Touch ID, Face ID, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
This App is only available for Card Members who hold an American Express® Card issued by American Express Australia Limited.
All access to and use of this App is subject to and governed by American Express’ End User License Agreement, Website Rules & Regulations Privacy Statement which can be found if you log into the App > Account > Legal & Privacy > End User License Agreement.
^David Jones American Express Card Members, Cashback and CoBrand Cards are not eligible for Pay with Points.
*Only available for Consumer and Small Business Charge Card Members.
**Only available for Consumer Credit Cards (excluding David Jones). T&Cs apply.
****If you are an American Express Corporate Card Member or an American Express Business Card Member affiliated with a wholesale partner, you are not eligible for Pay with Points, Amex Offers, Friends Referral, Places, and push notifications.
System updates to improve App performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Poor Customer Relations
After 32 years of membership I cancelled my Platinum Card in frustration and utter disgust at the disgraceful disregard for customer loyalty. American Express need to train their Call Centre Staff in how to apologise and express remorse for utterly shoddy service.
I also sent a copy of my letter detailing my experience to the Marketing Manager of the Platinum Card and needless to say I was not even afforded the curtesy of a reply.
I had overlooked my $400 travel credit redemption and was 3 weeks late. I was asking if there was anything that could be done in light of my years of loyalty. This necessitated being left on hold for hours, finally promised I would be called back. No follow up so more wasted time on my part.
The most comical aspect of this ridiculous saga is that for the sake of trying to appease me I cancelled my membership which meant a refund of $395 for the membership which was due. So American Express sacrificed a loyal customer because no-one was capable of thinking outside the box and ended up saving $400 to lose $395. Not exactly a wise move when dealing with bottom-line profits.
Also extremely disappointing that no-one is capable or sufficiently trained in the art of picking up a phone.
So much for Customer Loyalty.
With the current climate where 9 out of 10 establishments will either not accept the card or charge a fee American Express need to lift their game.
Now the Face ID WORKS AGAIN!
Update 3. Face ID works. Hooray!
I’m not critiquing Amex as a business like some people seem to be here. Just the App. As good as all the other banking apps I’ve used.
Update. Newest version. Newest iOS. STILL NO FACE ID. Phone iPhone 10S Max. Anybody else?? Is it the new iOS? I don’t know. It used to work and then it stopped. I’ve got the latest iOS. The latest Amex AU app on my iPhone XMax- no other version on my phone. Face ID works with all my other apps. I’ve even tried redoing my Face ID. All I get is the greyed out option to enable Face ID. It can’t just be me. I’ve done everything that I’ve read to correct it. Aaaaargh Apart from that I think the app is excellent. It would have been 5 stars before this Face ID issue.
Good app but could be better
Great feature of giving you instant notifications when you’ve made a transaction. You know straight away when your card was used and if it wasn’t you so you can call them instantly. Could be better if you had the option of locking and unlocking your card like you can with Mastercard, or changing pin from the app. Also I don’t think the rewards they have are completely linked because the reimbursements to deals you save don’t come through. Good... but could definitely be better.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Express
- 158.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 American Express Company. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.