Bank with less BS (bank stuff), using the Bankwest App. We know you want more from your bank without the hassle. So, here’s a few ways that we’re making banking easier for you.
The best bits
* Jump the queue and message us in the app, 24/7
* If you’re already a Bankwest customer, open a new account in a minute
* Stay in the loop with Easy Alerts. Set up customisable notifications that let you know about important activities on your eligible accounts, like when your funds are running low
* Set up a savings goal and track your progress. We’ll do the maths so you know how much you need to regularly save
* View your top accounts in the Home screen
* See your account balance
* Personalise your accounts with nicknaming and reordering
* Swipe to copy and paste account details
* Set up Pay ID
* Download a proof of balance and view your statements
* Make payments and transfer between accounts
* Pay a bill with BPAY®**
* Schedule recurring payments
* View your payment history and limits
* Activate, lock, or replace your card
* Reset your card PIN
* View your card details and copy and paste when online shopping
* Leave your wallet at home with Apple Pay
More about you
* Login with a 4-digit PIN or TouchID/FaceID
* Enhanced security with our No Loss Security Guarantee***
* Tell us when you’re going overseas
Important things you should know:
Easy Alerts are available for mobile personal banking accounts on eligible devices in which you have the Bankwest App installed and notifications enabled. Limited alerts only are available for credit products.
*Account opening time is for existing customers only opening a Bankwest Easy Transaction account
PayID Terms and conditions apply
**You must be registered for SMS authentication to set up PIN login or make payments to new Pay AnyBody recipients or new BPAY billers
*** No Loss Security Guarantee is provided subject to you having complied with Bankwest’s Online Banking Product Disclosure Statement and neither you nor any authorised user on your behalf has contributed to the loss. For full details on ‘No Loss Security Guarantee’ refer to bankwest.com.au/security-centre/online-banking-security
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd. ABN 69 079 137 518
This app is only for Bankwest customers. Internet connection is required. Normal data charges apply. Standard call, SMS charges apply
Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks, and tap & go is a trademark, of Mastercard International Incorporated
- We’ve upgraded all customers with a Debit Mastercard to Platinum, your card has been automatically updated in the card screen
- Updates to ‘My Details’ and changes to the customer verification process
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The app overall is pretty decent, especially if you compare it with the other financial institutions, one that will remain unnamed is seriously still using abacus to calculate compound interest but to make it worse has an app that effectively does nothing. The look of the app is simple and user friendly. I just feel like there is an attempt to make the customer self sufficient and can manage their account with out the unnecessary contacting via phone or in branch. It actually completely defeats the purpose of having an online portal if you can’t actually complete the desired task with out calling in to talk to someone. The most glaring example of this is you have a manage button but absolutely no Authority to ‘manage’ anything about my accounts. For example, I have a couple of old e-saver accounts there collecting dust, I open them online but can’t close them online?? That doesn’t make sense to me in the slightest. As I said pretty close to perfect. UPDATE : I was not aware but if I want to close an accounts I have to select the 24/7 chat and can ask on of the online bankers to close the accounts. Great 👍
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks for taking the time to review our app!
I'll pass your feedback through to the team.
In regards to closing your accounts, you can certainly request this online.
Our Online Messaging Team are available 24/7 for your convenience, just select the 'Ask us' button at the bottom of the app menu to start a conversation. ^Meg
Transaction date on credit card transactions
A couple of features on credit card statements and transaction reports would be very helpful when reconciling information.
1. I do not really care when you process a transaction but I do care when the transaction was performed. This is the date for which I have a receipt, and I use this to match transactions. Can you add the actual,transaction date to the statement and online report from the app, not just the date when Bank West processes the transaction, as this date can be anytime up to 2 weeks after the transaction was performed.
2. Some banks provide information about the charging company, I.e. their operating name and location. This is useful as sometimes the reported name on the statement does not have any relation to where the item was purchased from the users point of view. This would also help with reconciliation.
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thanks for the suggestions.
1) While it's not shown in the transaction listing of the account, the date the transaction is made is stated in the narration of the transaction as shown on the statement when issued. This should help with the reconciliation of your account.
2) We're looking into providing trading names/locations and will update our customers when we have further info. If you're ever unsure of a transaction, please hit the 'Ask us' button and we can provide further info.
I hope this help :) ^Meg
Like other bank app better
I just left NAB
For a better mortgage and banking offer after 20 years. Not sure if it is because I know there app better or if BW app is harder to navigate. I know I have phoned BW help or message us service to locate (what info should be readily available on app) I’m using wifi at Relatives house whilst my new home is completed and I cannot access all details of my accounts like nickname changes, changing transfer amounts etc etc I should be able to do this from an app on iPhone X or iPad. (My desk top MAC is in a box some where) I don’t like that I can’t see my expenditure on a graph like NAB I was very visual to remind me to spend less on clothes and entertainment and be a grown up. BankWest please get some modern up to date techies for the new millennium I’m not tech savvy but recognise this app has a long way to go in relation to why other banks offer. I want to be able to press a bit on front of app that say bank balance so whilst Olin in the cue I know what account to use (very handy).
Also my iPhone X the app is to big to fit screen I need to scroll around to see it all!
Hope to see some awesome improvements just like others have mentioned below. Cheers
Developer Response ,
Hey! I'm not sure if you've updated recently, but I just thought I'd let you know that nicknames and scheduled transfers can now be updated through the app. While expenditure graphs/quick balances aren't something we offer at the moment, these are great ideas and I've flicked these through to the team for consideration for future updates :) ^Meg
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bank of Western Australia Ltd
- 77.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945 (Bankwest)
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.