The ABC NEWS app makes it easier for you to stay up to date with the latest news and information from Australia's most trusted news source.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
- Dark mode is here to help with a customisable reading experience
- You can now save articles to read later. Tap on the new Saved tab to find ABC articles you’ve bookmarked
- You can change article font size and dark mode preference with our new display settings
- Subscribe to new notification categories — including Sport, Business and World News. Head to Settings > Notifications to customise your alerts
- Updated design for Search and Browse screens
- Accessibility improvements
- We've also fixed an issue where some devices didn’t redirect ABC News web links to the app correctly
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Happy with the app...........but
I have finally decided I like the app. Having had the app for years it took a while to decide it was as good as the older app. The ‘but’ is because I’ve been very disappointed to note that a story I read in the morning, was pulled by the afternoon. Not just once, but ‘the’ article that disappeared was one that criticised the actions/comment of a minister of the current Federal Government. This action by ?? at the ABC adds weight to the various negative comments about the (so called) ‘unbiased ABC’ news. Having never considered the ABC was biased one way or another, I’m becoming more cynical. It’s an absolute shame that I feel I may no longer trust the ABC to report the news on any Federal Government minister of any party, good or bad, without someone deciding that the particular article should be pulled. People like me have long memories of a very very balanced ABC! 😞😞😞
Disappointing new version of a great app.
I love the ABC news and the old app was great because it listed all the top stories on the widget page of the iPhone 5. Now this feature is gone. I've written to ABC app support but received no reply.
When I open the app to read the news, the number and quality of stories seem to diminish each day, especially in analysis and opinion where old articles can exist for a week. I keep hoping to see a new update that will fix these issues, but so far no luck.
Six months later and this app is now working as I remember the old app. It is much improved in quality and content. It has finally achieved the functionality of its predecessor. Why the ABC felt compelled to produce a new inferior version is beyond me.
While I seem to be part of a the swelling herd that now gets most of its news online, I am often disheartened by what some media outlets churn out as “news”.
I couldnt care less about sensationalized faux celebrity tidbits, or referencing tv network shows, which are just poorly disguised cross promotion.
The ABC has a consistent high standard, and with what I see as mainly balanced reporting. While a mass market of news consumers will never all be 100% satisfied with any news delivery, I feel that more people would benefit, and be better informed, if they got their news feed from the ABC, rather than a lot of the swill that is served up by the growing number of sensational and/or banal media outlets that masquerade as news services.
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- 70.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.