The HOYTS App puts the movie experience in the palm of your hand.
• Discover movies, watch trailers, view session times and select your favourite seats
• Join or sign in to HOYTS Rewards via the HOYTS App to unlock access to HOYTS Rewards member only pricing offers and discounts
• Order food and drink from an extensive menu via the HOYTS App as part of your booking or order food and drink separately
• Get access to App only food and drink offers
• The ability to select up to three of your favourite cinemas so you can find out what’s playing near you
• Filter your view of the movies like HOYTS LUX, HOYTS Xtremescreen, 3D or movies with Closed or Open Captioning
• Easy payment with credit cards, gift cards, vouchers, PayPal or Qantas Frequent Flyer points
• View your tickets on your mobile (including tickets purchased by HOYTS Rewards members on desktop or mobile of HOYTS.COM.AU)
Bug fixes and UI update
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot delete message
I received a message from Hoyts saying my membership was successfully renewed for 2019. So once I read the message I tried to delete it and it won’t go away. A year later it’s still there with a notification of 1 unread message. Frustrating!!!
Otherwise buying tickets and connecting my Qantas points is great.
Great and easy to use.
I like this app. I’ve been using it for a few months now. Has good membership deals or family viewing deals for a day out with the kids.
Only recommendation to the developers is that it would be nice to have info about the movies on the movie list/bookings page. Currently, it’s just a bunch of movie titles and their showing times. If you want to go to the movies but don’t know what you want to see and know nothing about 90% of the movies listed, it’s very difficult to make an informed decision. You’ve always got to leave the app and either go to the hoyts website and look up the info there or look them up individually via a search engine. It would be nice to have it all at your fingertips in the app. I just want a little “i” button next to the movie title that gives you the synopsis and main cast members.
HOYTS don’t have it together at the actual cinema
In order to ‘save time’ (as advertised by HOYTS) at the cinema, I purchase a food package along with our tickets. Only to find we had to queue up at a very busy ice-cream shop at Chadstone VIC Hoyts, outside the cinema instead of getting the food package inside the cinema as we walked through like everyone else who didn’t pre-purchase. The popcorn was cold and we had to wait 25 minutes to get served which made us late for the movie. Meanwhile everyone who didn’t have to wait. They picked up their freshly made popcorn and drinks paid at one of the multiple check out points (which took approximately 5 minutes) and then walked straight through into the cinema to watch their movie. So frustrating. Do not pre-pay food on this app. It takes so much longer. Not sure about other HOYTS cinemas but Chadstone have a long way to go to get it right when it comes to a quicker process consumers.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Hoyts Corporation Pty. Ltd.
- 81.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Icelandic, Japanese, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Hoyts Corporation Pty. Ltd.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.