Train for success by crafting your perfect HIIT, Tabata or Circuit workout timer. Seconds Interval Timer is ideal for those that take their fitness seriously.
Seconds Interval Timer is the best interval timer for Tabata, HIIT & Circuit Training workouts. As well as being featured by Apple, it is recommended by celebrity and personal trainers to their clients all around the globe.
- Full screen, colored display. Easy to read from a distance. Landscape or portrait.
- Templates for HIIT, Tabata & Circuit Training. Combine timers for ultimate control.
- Speaks your interval names & can provide warning for upcoming intervals.
- Other alerts including beeps and bells are available.
- Assign music per interval or per interval timer.
- Match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your HIIT workoutk.
- Interval timer runs in the background while you use other apps.
- Share your interval timer with a friend.
- Stopwatch highlights best and worst lap times.
- Countdown Timer with 5 preset durations (only first 3 on Apple Watch).
- Seconds Interval Timer can use Apple Health to save workouts or mindful sessions, read body measurements and year of birth to calculate calorie expenditure in conjunction with a heart rate monitor.
- All the features of Seconds Interval Timer are available to try for free. However, a one-time in-app purchase is required to use the timers you create more than one time.
- Please note, Seconds Interval Timer and Seconds Pro Interval Timer are separate products. Once paid for they each contain identical features. However, they are not interchangeable. If you have purchased one you should always download that version and in the case of Seconds Interval Timer, restore the in-app purchase within it gain access to the upgraded features.
- Haptic feedback in iPhone app now stronger with different feedback at end of timers.
- Added option to disable pre-timer ducking
- Fixed default voice selecting voice for blind users that Apple recently added.
- Fixed audio not reducing for intervals that have the option enabled.
- Fixed text to speech with warning last interval speech.
- Fixed audio ducking when exiting a timer
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use and incredibly flexible customisable timer
A simple, easy to use and flexible custom timer that I use all the time. I love the text to speech to let me know what activity is coming up with a countdown timer of 3-2-1 as a lead in.
The voice over alert for half way is very useful too. However, I’d like to have the ability to set alerts at other custom times eg in an activity of 20 mins I’d like to have more alerts than just one at the 20 minute mark.
I also agree that there is not enough ‘ducking’ of the music that’s playing when a voiceover alert comes on, particularly when playing through my watch. Setting the audio level of both independently or allow setting of a custom ducking level would be welcome.
Developer Response ,
You may set the audio level of the alerts, music and ducking independently as long as you disable the system player and instead use the app's internal music player. The only issue with this is that the app's internal player cannot play music that contains Digital Rights Management such as that of Apple Music's subscription service.
If you are using Apple Music then there are no options available to me as the developer. The only volume control is the system volume which reduces both the music and the alerts, and any other sounds your device makes. And the ducking is an option provided by Apple and has no configuration.
Essential Health Tool
I've been using this app for a few years now on both my iPad and iPhone and I absolutely love it! I've got some staple routines on here for my physiotherapy exercises which make it really easy for me to consistently and correctly progress through my rehabilitation, and numerous circuit activities that also make my fitness more enjoyable and keep me pushing right to the last second, and if I think of or see any new circuits it couldn't be easier to quickly add them to my list of programs so I don't have to think, just do. I highly recommend this for everyone
Great app -really flexible
I think I tried around 10 interval timer apps, this one does everything I want plus a bonus of spoken interval names and countdowns. All the others had some weird limitation which meant I couldn’t get them to work my way. This is so flexible I challenge you to find an exercise circuit or interval pattern that you can’t create. On top of that, you have the option of a one time payment at a reasonable price instead of subscription.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Runloop Ltd
- 100.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2023 Runloop Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Version $7.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.