Classlist is the award-winning app that brings parents into the heart of their school community. In over 3,000 schools and over 40 countries.
- See who's who at school. Put a face to a name!
- Ask the parents in your child's class a question and share useful info
- Organise a parent meetup for your class and see what PTA events are coming up
- Find families nearby to share lifts with on the parent map
- Exchange items on the Marketplace and ask for recommendations
It’s safe & secure. You're in control of how much information you choose to share and what notifications you want. Classlist is fully GDPR compliant, private and secure.
It’s moderated to keep your community friendly, welcoming and useful.
It’s inclusive — easy for new parents to sign up. Designed for mums and dads. Helps everyone stay in the loop with what’s happening at school.
Download the app to join your school’s Classlist or set up Classlist for your school
With additional features to support the PTA and Class Reps:
- Arrange simple coffee mornings to major PTA events. Send invites, reminders, and track RSVPs easily in Events.
- Sell tickets and take payment online
- Get out important messages to the whole school, or any class or year, quickly with Announcements
- Post to your class or year group via the Activity Feed — ideal for shorter messages
- Set up interest groups to bring parents together. Create groups to co-ordinate with your PTA team for specific events too!
“We are really liking Classlist. It’s different to social media because it’s well controlled.” —
Josephine Marsh, Head Teacher, St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Chalfont, UK
- When you’re invited to a private event, now you’ll see this information on your Activity Feed too.
- We’ve improved how we link parents and family members to a child to make it clearer who’s who.
- Now you can directly edit your profile page so it’s easier to see what info you’re sharing with other parents.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful app, some processes cumbersome
This app is useful but not perfect. It takes too many clicks to search for a parent, a search bar should appear by default that you can start typing in straight away when you go to contacts.
It often freezes up and I have to delete and reinstall it on my phone to get it working again. Log in by fingerprint ID is good and works well. It’s hard to find events and hard to find a post again if you look at it quickly but then don’t know if it was a post or an event.
In the admin side, it would be useful if you could publish an event but hold back ticket sales until a set day and time, so the event can go live before sales do. If there was an easy to see chat section that might help it to overtake WhatsApp in popularity, but so far it hasn’t as people find it too long winded to find things.
But overall very useful and has helped connect parents who otherwise would never have got to know each other.
Good Functionality but a bit slow
The app has got some great functionality but events needs to be more prominent I.e on the home page and it’s a bit slow when switching between features/ modules. Also the iOS app ask for fingerprint verification every time now which again slows down access. This means that we haven’t been able to get parents to move away from WhatsApp as it’s just not as instant to get in and chat
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. We'll feedback your suggestions to the team. We ask for fingerprint verification on iOS to login to the app so we can keep things as secure as possible for your school community, rather like you would do on a banking app.
A great solution for parent contacts
We launched this last year after GDPR came in. It was a good solution and avoids any issue with data use. It enables you to contact parents that you might organise not have contacts for.
We are about to receive our first cheque for having suggested some local businesses as advertising so we have even raised some funds for the school.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.