DoodleEnglish builds the confidence of your 5-11 year old with a work programme tailored to their individual level, strengths and weaknesses. Using Proxima™, our award-winning technology, children are moved gently and progressively through carefully-authored questions designed to teach children the fundamentals of spelling, punctuation and grammar, as well as vital comprehension skills.
▶ Key features
- A carefully personalised and highly motivating SPaG programme
- Thoroughly researched by educational professionals and proven to work by university studies
- Meets all UK English curriculum criteria for KS1 and KS2
- Great range of innovative question styles that support all types of learners
- Perfect revision partner for KS1 and KS2 SATs, and entrance exams
- Children are rewarded for their effort rather than ability; they feel a sense of accomplishment for their hard work
- Accessibility options such as coloured overlays and audio dictation for all 20,000+ questions
- Designed to be used for just ten minutes a day
- Work from anywhere with offline capabilities
Help your child feel confident in Primary English by joining tens of thousands of families using Doodle!
▶ For children
• A personalised, engaging work programme they’ll want to do every day
• A perfect homework partner for catching-up or getting ahead in the key areas of Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 spelling, punctuation, grammar and comprehension
• Lots of educational games and fun collectables
▶ For parents
• A low-cost, high-impact alternative to English tuition
• Track and monitor progress through the free DoodleConnect app or online tracking hub
• Receive regular and insightful email updates on your child’s progress
▶ For teachers
• Track effort and impact across the whole school and individual classes
• Easily track progress and identify gaps in pupils’ knowledge
• Reduce your workload with instant feedback and analysis of pupils’ work, readily available to export
▶ See why people love DoodleEnglish
“Really helpful - my boys love it and it’s proving really helpful in preparing my oldest for his SATs.” - Parent, App Store
“It is genuinely adapting to their needs … content is pitched perfectly for each child.” - Graham Andre, Lanesend School
“Exactly what I’ve been looking for - spelling, grammar and punctuation [are taught] in an engaging way!” - Parent, App Store
▶ DoodleEnglish subscriptions
All DoodleEnglish app downloads also include access to the following:
• DoodleSpell, our accompanying app which supports spelling mastery
• DoodleConnect, our parent app where you can track progress, get instant updates and set motivational goals
•The Parent Dashboard, our online hub for discovering your child’s strengths and weaknesses
Enjoy full access to all of DoodleEnglish’s features with DoodleEnglish Premium! There are three types of subscription available per child:
One-month subscription - £5.99
Annual subscription - £55.99
Lifetime subscription - £169.99
We offer all users a free 7-day trial of DoodleEnglish Premium to let you explore all of its exciting features.
▶ The boring stuff
Home users will need a paid subscription in order to access to the Premium version of DoodleEnglish.
The one-month subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period.
Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24hr period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes account settings.
When a subscription is cancelled, access to Premium features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
Lifetime subscriptions apply to the named child only. Lifetime subscriptions are not transferable between users.
Our latest version of DoodleEnglish contains iOS 13-related improvements and we've squished a few pesky little bugs too!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
While I like the app very much it has faults that previously reviewers have mentioned, I subscribed in the confidence that these issues would have been sorted but they are not. Some of the answers are incorrect also if my child makes a mistake and then corrects it, the app still identifies it as being incorrect, then it saves it for later, brings it back again, the same answer given previously is then imputed and then it recognises it as correct. This I’d frustrating for my child. Please sort this out, as the whole point of subscription is to help build her confidence, and this app getting her frustrated isn’t contributing to that very much. Thank you in advance for addressing these issues.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. Please don't hesitate to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to look into the issue for you as well correct the incorrect answers you've encountered. We look forward to hearing from you soon and getting you Doodling again quickly.
Good but expensive when more than 1 child
For a monthly subscription for the app, I am completely stunned that I would have to pay twice for each child! Nearly £12 a month. The app is good for the most but to not be able to turn of subject matter that hasn’t been covered at school is very annoying. My daughter is 5 and hasn’t done fractions yet but the app is trying to get her to answer the questions and I don’t see how much further we can now go with it until she moves to the next year group.
Good app but with faults
My daughter enjoys using the app, however a few minutes it says she has reached her limit for the day and I need to upgrade. I have paid the subscription and upgraded, but I keep getting the same message! If I try to upgrade it says I already have. It also does this on DoodleSpell. It is very annoying and feels like I am wasting my money. I have emailed them about this, but had no reply. If it doesn’t get sorted it will cancel my monthly subscription.
Developer Response ,
Hi GEL5590, thank you for your review.
We're sorry to hear about this. We have a dedicated customer support team who are on hand to help out with any questions you might have. Please do contact us via the green chat bubble in the bottom right hand corner of our website (www.doodlemaths.com) where we can sort this right away!
All good wishes, DoodleEnglish
- EZ Education Ltd
- 101.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 EZ Education Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 1st User Lifetime Membership £169.99
- 2nd User Lifetime Membership £169.99
- 3rd User Lifetime Membership £169.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.