Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favourite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends throughout the day.
Connect with people who share your interests with groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Have a look at local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that's important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics such as beauty, sports and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using Facebook!
Ratings and Reviews
Seems to just get progressively worse
Where to start, Facebook is useful for getting in touch with most people. However it just keeps implementing unnecessary features, for example the ‘gaming tab’ which I cannot seem to remove. I do not want to watch fortnite streamers on Facebook and never will, and most people who do will go to an external site for this. And again I have no clue to how to remove it. Another issue, I have a page called “S**t Bryn says” but I cannot advertise due to profanity despite advertising to over 18 year olds. But most people I know on the site are advertised sexually inappropriate ads that Facebook will allow. It seems hypocritical and there seems to be no way of stopping this. One final thing is the inability to contact a real human on the site about these issues, you must resort to what is essentially an FAQ to resolve your problem or report to an automated line. Poor
Keeps getting worse
Getting fed up with this app now. Every update it seems to get worse. Since the marketplace feature was added it has never worked properly. The main issues are that it will show me things for sale that are nowhere near me (despite setting up location to stop this), also in the ‘further away’ sections it shows me things closer to me which makes no sense, the posts often glitch out and freeze or my phone screen will go black with a loading symbol and it will kick me out of the app and lock my phone.
Some other issues with the app now are the comments sections on posts. The new feature in the comments hides a huge portion of comments and means you can’t actually always see what people have commented because sometimes the option to view all comments isn’t available. Another issue is just how laggy it can be with notifications, showing old notifications hours too late or not showing them at all (which has actually made me miss out on things as I haven’t realised I had 4 notifications until hours after).
In short: the app is terrible now and just constantly manages to get worse. If I didn’t need it for important group pages I would’ve deleted it years ago.
I don’t know what’s going on with this app. Been using it for years, but in the last year or so I have had intermittent problems with photos. I try to upload live photos which show it’s bullseye symbol in the bottom right corner but doesn’t play them or show the live features. I’ve tried uploading my christmas tree photo tonight which was clear and crisp in my iphone gallery. As soon as it is uploaded into a post the photo becomes blurry. I had to create a photo album in the facebook app, upload from my iphone to the facebook photo album. Open the photo in facebook photo album and save that image to my iphone, to then upload the image I saved to a post before it would be shown clearly without any blurr. I know I have an iphone 7 but your app should still work the same for everyone. Frankly I think you need to rebuild the app. It clearly isn’t fit for purpose and it hasn’t since apple removed certain facebook features from apple device os firmware. If you could give me a solution to fix the problems I am having I would be grateful, but having made numerous failed attempts to get help from facebook support I doubt you will comply even with this request.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 442.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Supporter £3.49
- Supporter £3.49
- Supporter £3.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.