Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favourite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends throughout the day.
Connect with people who share your interests with groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Have a look at local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that's important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics such as beauty, sports and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using Facebook!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Trying to get rid of the friends list because if they want you they will find you
It’s an okay site .is it possible that you don’t have a friends list on the app on your wall bit ,so you don’t have to befriend anyone, just put it in the search engine if you want to find somebody don’t have a list of people that you can be friend I had a bad scare yesterday and I don’t want people to see me on that list if they want to find me they can put me in a search engine at the top to find my name if this makes any sense so don’t have a list of people in front of you that you may or may not know. And maybe put up a questionnaire where they know you from, and maybe have an emergency button on messenger so you can block the person automatically if they make a call or you think my all you think the person they’re trying to be blackmailed in danger so it automatically stop the call and records the persons that is doing the blackmail a picture of them that can be sent to the police
And maybe if a person want to contact somebody and they know and then they can handover their email address to let them find them and to make it more user friendly for autistic and dyslexic people so they can stay safe so they don’t get blackmailed and make it a little bit more user friendly like if people want the apps and the ads then let them have something that you can block all ads and apps straightaway if you don’t want to see anything
Feeds not updating correctly
So the latest gripe with the app is when I click on ‘Most Recent’ for my newsfeed, it’s not actually listing in most recent order, or if it is, it’s most recently commented on, not most recently posted.
Another issue that has been around for months is that when clicking to see my favs or whatever you want to call the three lines, it’ll say groups have updates, go into the group, come back out and still it says there’s updates. You’ve to go in again and refresh the screen and if you’re lucky it’ll stop saying there’s updates in the group.
Something else that needs to be added, on notifications, give us the option to mark all as read like you can in the desktop version. And actually sort out the notifications so they are in time order and do clear. I’ll read something and later on it’ll tell me I have a notification, go in and it’s something I read earlier, but it’s at the top and marked from hours ago, but more recent things under it. So they aren’t in time order.
The whole platform needs a rethink
I used to put up with the ads and stupid game requests to keep up to date with friends but my feed seems to be full of pointless shopping sites which upon investigation get slated for poor quality good or non-existent customer service. Please Facebook, more quality and much less quantity. The game ads that are obviously misleading should be banned, yet another candy crush type game which show a completely different feature (which isn’t in the game). How has this not been banned yet?? I bet if I post a picture of something which your algorithm picks out as overuse of fleshtones it would get removed in no time. Stop sending me ‘people you won’t know, but we want you to send them creepy random invites anyway’ I’m a big boy, I can search for people if I want them on my friends list. More often than not I’ll try to tag a friend and it never even appears to them, why??? The marketplace is nothing more than a pit for scammers and rip-off merchants to hang out, we already have a seedy cesspit that pretends to be a selling platform, it’s called GumTree and your marketplace is no better. I’ve now removed the app from my phone and check via browser a couple times a week because there is truly nothing worth my time day to day, unless I want to pick through the ads..... I refuse to use Messenger as it is nothing more than a route to send malicious content. No thanks
- Facebook, Inc.
- 465.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Supporter £3.49
- Supporter £3.49
- Supporter £3.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.