Be together whenever with a simple way to text, video chat and rally the group.
* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* CUT DOWN GLARE WITH DARK MODE. Dark mode is a sleek new look that goes easy on the eyes by switching the background from white to black.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In this update, you can now see your friends' Messenger Stories right inside your chat thread, and they can see yours, too! Messenger wants you to build better, more meaningful conversations with your friends and family.
Ratings and Reviews
Make it easier to delete unwanted/spam messages and block FB fake profiles
I like Messenger but I would give it a 5 star rating if it were easier to be able to delete and then block unwanted spam messages without having to actually go into the message. You can easily delete a message from people you are friends with by hovering over the message and then selecting delete, but you can’t do that with spam messages. It would be great if you could both delete a fake/spam message and then block the profile by hovering over the message without opening it up. I know they don’t see you have opened the message, but it’s not the point. It’s not easy or obvious how you delete the unwanted message and then block the person. In fact it’s easier to block the person/fake profile than it is to delete a message from them!
Problem has been resolved with update
I have previously given this app a 1 star review due to an update that crashed and forced closes the app all the time I went on it (bare in mind I was still receiving notifications from people)
Since 1 of the updates came out it has fixed this issue and it’s working beautiful and fast as always. So I have given this 5 star review which I did stated on my previous review I would give 5 stars when it has been resolved.
Word of advice with anyone, don’t update app(s) straight away just incase as you may be the unlucky person where it may not work no matter what you do, I thought I was always lucky over the years for always updating everything straight away and then I was just unlucky with this app. I know some may read this and just think... “Ha I’m always lucky” yeah not the case. It’s like buying a phone on day release and there’s errors or phone needs charging 10 times in space of 24 hours. The longer you wait the better it is. If not you have the 50 / 50 chance of problems that may not take long to sort out or may take weeks till another update comes out 😄
Great app but I have noticed a glitch no one is talking about.
I’ve used the messenger app for what seems like forever, I’ve had no issues with it other than the sound on calls being quiet which I know is not the fault of my phone, other than that everything is great.
The one glitch I’ve noticed and have asked other iPhone users about and they have confirmed it’s happening to them as well, is that sometimes notifications that come through (not the red circle by the app) and do not go away, for example I received a message about a week ago and it kept the notification in my notification wall even though I had pressed it and viewed the message, I deleted the notification by swiping it across and selecting delete but it came back within 24hours. It’s not really a big problem but it often does this with a few messages and they keep coming back, it’s a little frustrating and I often find myself thinking that I’ve missed messages from friends.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 284.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.