The official app for Heart, Capital, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Classic FM, Capital XTRA, Capital Dance and Gold.
Your favourite radio stations, podcasts, videos and playlists in one entertainment destination, all for free, available worldwide. What you get:
• Listen live to any of Global's radio stations: Capital, Capital XTRA, Capital XTRA Reloaded, Capital Dance, Classic FM, Gold, Heart, Heart 70s, Heart 80s, Heart 90s, Heart 00s, Heart Dance, LBC, LBC News, Smooth, Smooth Chill, Smooth Country, and Radio X
• Your personal homepage. Set your favourite radio stations, continue listening to podcasts or catch up on anything you’ve missed. Get personalised recommendations for podcasts and playlists, plus we’ve got all the latest news for you and much, much more…
• Take Control: Skip and rewind live radio. Listen live to Global’s radio brands or jump back to your favourite song. Never miss a second of a presenters’ best moments by tapping the play bar and taking control. You can also listen to the music you want with the ability to skip* any songs you’re not loving – there’s no limit. Plus like and dislike tracks to get more of what you love. Just swipe away to customise your radio experience.
• Catch Up: Your favourite shows from the last seven days are available to listen back to or you can download them – great for offline listening when you’re on the move.
• Podcasts - Discover and download the most popular podcasts from around the world, or dive into our expertly curated collections.
• Live Playlists - We’ve got music for your every mood covered. From editor’s picks to artist takeovers, the biggest hits of the year to that perfect playlist for focus and relaxation.
• Video - Watch the best content from all of Global’s brands. Full episodes from some of our chart-topping podcasts, interviews with everyone from the world’s biggest musicians to politicians and a-list actors – we’ve got it all covered.
Global Player, for every you.
*Currently only available in the UK.
This release contains minor fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Constantly asks you to accept cookies
Every time I open the app I'm asked to accept your cookies. I choose not to, so I click "Reject All". Next time I open the app I'm asked again. I have already rejected your cookies. Stop asking me! Curiously, if I accept the cookies I'm not asked again. That's a bit rubbish. my decision not to accept your cookies should be respected. To do otherwise is to disrespect your customers.
You seem to use this app as a test bed to see how much you can get away with. Full-screen video adverts that you can't skip for 15 seconds was bad enough, but you really need to stop this.
You're giving us more and more reasons not to use your app.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for your comments and feedback. We are sorry you have been experiencing issues with your cookie choices not being saved. This issue has now been fixed. If you need any help please contact customer support on global.com/contanct. Thanks, Vanessa.
Where is the ‘Settings’ button?
I didn’t want to write a review before contacting the developers first and letting them know the issues I’m having with the app. Unfortunately, tapping the ‘developers website’ button in the App Store takes you to the Global Player app. On the app I cannot find any ‘Settings’ or ‘Contact Us’ button. Therefore, I have to write a review to get in touch with them. I’ve downloaded the app a few minutes ago but had to give it 2 stars because the app has no ‘Settings’ or ‘Contact Us’ button, as far as I can see. The reason this is so frustrating is because I cannot change the podcasts to ‘Listen to earliest first’ as you can on the iPhone Podcasts app. I only downloaded this app to listen to ‘Hunting Ghislaine: The Trial.’ I was looking forward to listening to all of the series and finding out at the end if she is guilty or not. I press play and the host reveals straight away the verdict because it starts with the last podcast of the series! FFS! Firstly, this setting drives me up the wall. If you’re going to choose one setting, make it the one that starts a series at the beginning. It’s not rocket science! Secondly, have a clear settings button where users can choose how they want the podcast to be played.
App not accessible with VoiceOver
I really don’t like having to give it 1 star but I have to because it is almost completely inaccessible with VoiceOver. There are lots of unlabelled buttons and it is impossible to switch between stations and know which station I have switched to. I have many of the Global apps installed and as a result I can only listen to the main stations through their individual apps and not brand extension stations such as Heart 80s and Smooth Country. I am currently having to use Radioplayer to listen to most Global stations but I would like to of course be able to listen to them using Global Player. Other major radio companies such as Bauer Media and Nation Broadcasting have completely accessible apps for their stations so it’s disappointing that you don’t put accessibility at the forefront of app development. Years ago your apps were completely accessible but since the inception of Global Player and the major change to your app lay-out, design and functionality, the acccessibility of your apps has been disappointing.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Alice for telling us, this is on our roadmap and hope to have it ready very soon. In the meantime, you can listen via. Globalplayer.com, Vanessa.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Global Media & Entertainment Limited
- 130.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Global radio