Ready your sword, pack your provisions and prepare to embark upon quests of epic proportions where YOU choose what happens next! Journey a magical realm, fighting monsters and unravelling mysteries in Fighting Fantasy Classics – text-based roleplaying adventures remastered.
FREE GAMEBOOK FOR EVERY PLAYER
Receive Jonathan Green's swashbuckling pirate adventure - Bloodbones - for free when you download the game.
MULTIPLE DIFFICULTY SETTINGS
Make the gamebooks as easy or hard as you like with a range of difficulty settings to suit the needs to every player.
AUTOMATED ADVENTURE SHEET
Which keeps track of your equipment, stats, inventory, and knowledge gained during your journey.
MAP YOUR JOURNEY
Auto mapping feature makes it easy to keep track of everywhere you have explored during both current and previous playthroughs.
COLLECTABLE ARTWORK GALLERY
Featuring classic, original artwork from Iain McCaig, Russ Nicholson, Malcolm Barter, Ian Miller, Brian Williams and more!
Specially composed ambient tracks immerse you in your adventure, transporting you to the game world.
Allow you to revisit difficult sections of the story as many times as desired.
DICE ACCELEROMETER SUPPORT
Roll your way to victory with accelerometer support - shaking the device will allow you to reroll your dice!
All this and more as you play through classic adventures including: Bloodbones, Caverns of the Snow Witch, Citadel of Chaos, City of Thieves, Deathtrap Dungeon, Forest of Doom, House of Hell, Island of the Lizard King, Trial of Champions and Warlock of Firetop Mountain, with more titles to come in future updates.
Originally presented by Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone in the 80s and 90s, Fighting Fantasy Classics brings these timeless tales to your phone or tablet using our critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine.
Traverse the realm of Allansia, using your might and magic to hunt down evil demisorcers. Brave the dangers of Darkwood Forest to help save a doomed village of dwarves. Seek vengeance from the Pirate Lord who stole your family and destroyed your life many moons ago. Save a port-town from the wrath of an undead lord and his ghostly hound minions!
Part story, part game, in these adventures YOU ARE THE HERO!
- Fixing Achievements in House of Hell, Island of the Lizard King: we have fixed a problem with some victory achievements ( HOH - Hardcore Win. Adventurer Win, IOTLK - Adventurer Win, Free Read Win)
- Removed some image references from the Bloodbones gallery: undiscoverable images have been removed so players should be able to unlock the whole gallery.
- The Ring of Slowness in FOD will now apply a -2 Skill penalty to the bonus skill level
- Reworked the Lock of Elvin's Hair in Bloodbones -> '-1 to rolls when testing LUCK' changed to '+1 to LUCK rolls'. This will apply a +1 Luck bonus.
- Fixed the Broken Sword -2 Skill penalty in IOTLK
- Fixed multiple damage items stacking.
- Fixed Giant Wasp dealing no damage in IOTLK
- Fixed Ring of Confusion not causing the player to lose 2 Skill in IOTLK
- Dice audio triggers improved
- Fixed an incorrect link after knocking out a pirate in COT
- Fixed COT skill penalties affecting both bonus and base skill level
- Fixed a luck penalty problem with the giant idol in DD
- Fixed Luck roll popups in COT, IOTLK
- Fixed incorrect links in TOC, COC
- Fixed some items not appearing in player's inventory in TOC (short spear, rope)
Ratings and Reviews
I had these when I was young. They felt like grand adventures, then. They’re still fun to work through as sorting puzzles, to find the golden path. This format works great for that, with bookmarks to minimise repetition and nice, simple maps that help me remember what I have and haven’t tried. The maps could do more, but combined with the bookmarking I guess they’re a pain to test, and I’d rather have more books.
Which I suppose is the point of a centralised system like this, using the same map, combat and equipment token systems to make individual titles cheaper to produce. Good! These books are more fun in this format than on paper, with good combat, automatic tracking of stats and stuff, and those maps. So I’d like more, please. Already had the standalone apps for Forest and Island and Caverns, and though it’s natural to start with the classics, I’ve Warlock in a bunch of formats now, so would like to see some of the later books that I never tried before.
Anyway, I like this.
Keeping up with the times!!!
I used to read these books when I was in primary school (MANY moons ago now), and love them just as much now as I did then (maybe more as the nostalgia takes over me!). They have done really well to keep the books authentic and more or less true to their originals. There were apps out previously of some of the books (by a different developer I think) but this one is far superior in my opinion, really smooth gameplay. There are some great features such as the ‘adventure sheet’, where you can quickly see your gear and any potentially important information you’ve been told by characters, as well as the ability to add bookmarks (essentially save points).
Fantastic app that would only be made better if it could played with the smell of the old books emanating from my phone!!! Those that read them will understand, lol.
Great reproduction of the book
I loved this book when it came out and had a collection of FF titles spending hours trying to get to the end of them. This is a brilliant version and works great on the i-pad. If you are a fan of the books I recommend these, they brought back some great memories and I finally beat that sneaky ol’ Warlock... ha!.
- Tin Man Games Pty Ltd
- 346.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Tin Man Games 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Warlock of Firetop Mountain £3.99
- City of Thieves £3.99
- Citadel of Chaos £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.