Mocha VNC 4+
Access any app on your Mac/PC
Using your iPhone or iPad, you can connect to a Mac or Windows PC, and see the files, programs, and resources exactly as you would if you were sitting at your desk, just on a smaller screen.
Before buying, please try Mocha VNC Lite
- Standard VNC protocol.
- macOS sign on with user id and password
- Encrypted password signon.
- 8 and 32 bit color modes.
- Local Mouse support.
- Support for Swiftpoint GT hardware mouse.
- Support for Mouse Easy. Use an iPhone as a bluetooth trackpad. Mouse Easy is a free App.
- WOL (Wake on LAN).
- Camera as barcode scanner.
- NETBIOS and Bonjour name support.
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser.
- Landscape mode.
- Banners with extra keys.
- Extra keys as ALT,CTRL, Option and Apple key
- Has been tested with RealVNC, TightVNC, UltrVNC on Windows, and Screen Sharing, which is included with the macOS.
- Dictate text had problems with iOS 16.
- From iOS 14 , vnc can handle external keyboards automatically. No need to use option: menu - configure - wireless keyboard.
- From iOS 14 , some BT keyboards designed for iOS, such as Logitech K480 supports fxx keys.
Ratings and Reviews
I brought this app a while back when i had my ipod touch 2g and it works like a dream under my wifi connection. I upgraded to the iphone 3gs on launch day and decided to see if the app will work on my iphone via 3G and i have no success. It is working on my home network under wifi but i can't seem to get it working over 3G, i have followed many instructions but still can't seem to get it working. Can some one help me with this?? I m using iphone 3GS and have made a host name, my router is a apple time capsule.
I’ve used this app for many years and continue to do so on a daily basis.
I have it set up to access my iMac on my home network and also via the internet whilst I’m away from home.
Setting it up for use on your home network is a doddle. Access from the internet can be a bit more tricky, you’ll need to make sure you have the desired ports open and you’ll need a DNS address service if you don’t have a static IP.
It’s not really for intensive use, it would be difficult to carry out complex tasks on your computer from your touchscreen smart phone. I use it for things like setting a download going whilst I’m out so it’s ready when I get home, or just checking the status of a backup, that sort of thing… and for these things it works perfectly well.
Lightning Fast...Even on 3G
Just upgraded to the full version, but must confess to being mighty satisfied with the Lite version.
Still cannot get over the near-instantaneous connection OVER 3G to my Win XP PC at home from a train station platform 20 miles away or my workplace twice as distant. Over Wi-fi from work it's frighteningly blinding quick (around 1 sec).
It took some configuring to get it as responsive within my LAN as from outside, but that is all router service and port forwarding configuring, nothing really to do with this app, and once done correctly it has been plain sailing.
Satisfied enough to upgrade to the paid version... this application is worth the money, and its developer worth encouraging to surpass him/her self...
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jan Frydendal
- 2.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © MochaSoft Aps.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.