Stay in control of your finances at your convenience with our handy Mobile Banking App. To get started, all you need to do is download the app.
Manage your money
• Set up and pay a new payee*
• Set up and amend standing orders
• See pending transactions for your current account(s)
• Freeze and unfreeze your debit card if you temporarily misplace it
• Report your debit and credit cards as lost or stolen
• Complete a balance transfer to your Nationwide credit card*
• Log in with Touch ID or Face ID** – Fast, simple & secure access to your accounts
• Transaction history – View the last 15 months' activity on your Current, Credit Card and Savings accounts plus 24 months of your mortgage payments
• Search transactions – Helps you track down a particular payment quickly and easily
• Payments and transfers – Send money to existing payees, now or on a future date
• Manage payments – View and cancel standing orders and Direct Debits
• Pay a contact using their mobile number – Send and receive money via Paym with just a mobile number
• Cash flow bars – Your monthly spending habits made simple and visual
• Quick Balance – See your balance without the need to log in
• Apple Watch compatible – Check your balances with just a flick of your wrist
• View your customer number and the contact details we have on file for you
Become a super saver
• Create Savings Goals – Stay motivated (and on track) as you watch your savings grow
• Impulse Saver – Quickly save without logging in, making it even easier to put some money away for a rainy day
• Your savings interest rate – See what you're getting back for what you’re putting away
Customise your accounts from your device
• Increase or decrease your credit card limit
• Text alerts and paperless settings – Sign up or amend your text alerts and cancel paper statements if you don't really need them
• Manage your overdraft – Increase/decrease your overdraft limit
• Apply for something new – Apply for a broad range of Nationwide accounts
*You'll need your card reader for added security
**Device and operating system compatibility requirements apply
This release has some minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
We hope you enjoy using our app and we appreciate all the feedback. Please leave us a review and let us know what you think.
Ratings and Reviews
I have to write to say I would give Nationwide 10 stars if I was able. Having recently lost the main mortgage holder we have been treated with compassion, respect and dignity by all the staff at Nationwide Building Society (Stourbridge), the main bereavement team and the mortgage department . We were not hassled at all for any payments for the mortgage while the estate has been sorted (7 months) and were contacted regularly to find out how we were doing and for general updates. I cannot praise everyone enough and would recommend them to everyone who needs a business to keep their accounts and money safe. One phone call gets you through to a friendly voice in branch , call in branch and be dealt with efficiently or you can manage your money online just as easily. I am amazed at the bad reviews I have read so just had to speak out about my experience so THANK YOU NATIONWIDE and carry on with the way you are please.
Developer Response ,
Please accept our deepest condolences for your loss, I can only imagine how difficult it must have been. I’ve sent your feedback on to those staff involved and needless to say, we’re all very touched that we may have helped to make a very difficult situation ever so slightly better. Steve (App Development Team)
You guys are playing catch up...
I have been with many banks over the years and whilst I’m happy so far with my experience of Nationwide, you guys are defiantly behind the times with regards some of your app features and technology. I agree with what others have put about the card reader. I understand it provides an extra layer of security but this is 2019. We shouldn’t have to be carrying around a plastic device if we want to pay someone new. Other banks don’t seem to have any issues doing without it, why can’t Nationwide? As someone has already said surely you guys would save a chunk of money and it’s better environmentally too without it.
As far as the app goes, it’s well laid out and easy to use, would be nice to have a function to freeze card functionality if it’s lost / stolen. Monzo have got that part spot on! I’m happy with the customer service of Nationwide though both over the phone and my experience in branch.
Developer Response ,
The card reader is something we are looking at, but it is an important step in security and with more regulatory security requirements coming this year I don't think anything will change that soon. However, with regards to the freeze card function, this something we have put a lot of development into and hope to have it available to you soon :)
It's not the app it use to be
Unlike most I've not updated so I don't need my card reader to log in. I no longer see the point of this app as with your card reader you can log online and get the FULL benefits of your banking. This app was meant to be used with online as a quick view and be able to do basic transactions and keep an eye on your account. It seems that Nationwide are trying to make it do more than you need it to do. I wonder just how many accounts were hacked from just having a secret 6 digit number to use for login. Now you have to carry your card reader every where you go. Surely that's a security risk and if you loose it then you CAN'T use any online banking. When I'm forced to update to the new system I will have to order more card readers as I will need to have them at work , home, friends,parents and one for the car. That way I won't need to carry one in a pocket every where I go.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.