Start banking on the go with our mobile app. You can view your balance, make transfers and payments – you can even log in with your fingerprint. Our app is available to download for our Digital Banking customers.
What you need to register
• You'll need to be registered for Digital Banking. If you aren't already, you can do this when registering for the mobile app
• Your Customer Number, which is your date of birth followed by four random digits
• Your Digital Banking PIN & password, which is what you use to log in online
• When logging in for the first time you’ll be asked to choose a mobile banking PIN, which is what you’ll use in the future
• Log in using Touch ID or Face ID – there’s no need to remember any details when logging in. Available on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
• Personalise your app – customise how you view your accounts in your app and your own personal greeting.
• Get Cash – visit a cash machine and withdraw up to £130 without your debit card – perfect if you’ve forgotten your wallet.
• Manage receipts – Business and Premier customers can capture and store receipt images that will then be automatically matched to your transactions.
Other important information about our app
• Get Cash allows you to withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at any NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland (in Scotland) or Tesco ATM, as long as it’s within your daily withdrawal limit. You must have at least £10 available in your account.
• Paying your contacts allows a maximum of 20 payments totalling £250 per day. Pay anyone who has our app or is registered for Paym. You must be aged 16 or over.
• To cancel a Direct Debit from within the app, you have until 8:20pm (UK time) on the day the payment is due. At or after 8:20pm (UK time), the payment due on that day will have been taken and we will not be able to retrieve it.
• To cancel or amend a standing order from within the app you must give at least two working days notice.
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking and Premier customers only.
• Standard data charges may apply – contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features that our app offers, you will need to accept the following permissions:
• Network communication for connectivity
• Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
• Access to your contacts list to allow you to Pay Your Contacts
• Lock and unlock your debit card at any time, giving you greater control of your card when you need it the most.
• Your account view will now display the type of current account you have with us and show you it’s related features.
• Choose to lock gambling transactions on your credit card, giving you more control of your credit card spending.
• Add accounts that you hold with other banks into the app to view all of your finances in one place.
Ratings and Reviews
Since the change that funds being received on a Monday only available on the Monday there have been several times that the amount available has shown more than there actually is.... I rely on the app to tell me exactly what I have as the easiest way to keep track of my available money as because of health issues my memory is not good....on several occasions it has stated that I have more available than there actually is ....only showing me the correct amount the next day.... and sometimes meaning I have spent more than I should have ......otherwise using for payments and transfers I find it very good.
Best mobile banking app by far
This app just gets better and better. I like the fact it tells you your chance of being accepted for a loan, credit card etc. The only thing I wish it had was the ability for you to be able to download your statements to PDF like the Barclays app does so I don’t have to log into the main online banking site every time I need them. Well done RBS 10/10
*update - Great to see you’ve added the feature for pending transactions, this makes managing my finances a lot easier. Still no ability to download statements as a PDF which is something that would make this app even better. Also what’s with still having to use a card reader to set up payments? I appreciate you need to put security procedures in place, however it’s 2019, could you not build facial recognition into your payment system somehow? Card readers are a thing of the past and from reading some news articles a card reader is only as good as the person who’s hands on us in!
I’ve been with RBS bank for over 20 years now as a private and recently last couple of years a business customer again. As a bank they have their issues as do every other bank I’ve ever used so no real difference there. What sets them apart though is the care and thought they put into decisions they make on our behalf and the best one ever is their banking app. I can only say it’s by far the best one out there. So easy to use and fast very clear details available in a touch of s button. Making inter account transactions a breeze payment to family friends simple and quick. The tagging of business accounts to it was revolutionary. It changes my time needed at my pc from four to five hours a day into mere minuets. Thank you Team #RBS
Raymond Blackley life customer X
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
- 130.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.