Everyday banking from the comfort of your home. Our app makes your day-to-day banking easy, quick and secure.
It’s available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Please note that the app contains images when logging in, that may cause a reaction in individuals who are photosensitive. You can however switch these off for your device by visiting the ‘settings’ menu and the ‘accessibility’ menu where you will be able to find animation control settings within this menu (note this is not within our app but on your devices settings itself).
You’re in control of your money
From being able to quickly check your account balances and transactions, to moving money between accounts, sending money securely to others and paying someone new up to £1000 without a card reader or getting cash from an ATM without your debit card, our app gives you greater control of your finances.
You can manage your bills easily and check the details of Direct Debits and standing orders. If you need a hand with anything, our Secure Messaging tool lets you to contact us in-app for any extra help.
You’re protected by our secure banking promise
With our app you’re covered by our secure banking promise, which makes it one of the safest ways to bank. We monitor your account 24/7 for unusual activity and will refund any money paid out of your account as long as you keep your security information safe.
You can log in to the app safely with Touch ID, Face ID or secure passcode and there is always a confirmation check to make sure you’re paying the right person or business.
Find a new account to suit you
• Apply directly for a current account from the Royal Bank app (account eligibility criteria apply)
• Open and manage a savings account (account eligibility criteria apply)
• Apply for a lending product directly in the app (aged 18+ eligibility criteria apply)
Need help managing your money? Our smart tools are here to help
• Check your Credit Score
• Manage your spending and set budgets
• Lock and unlock your debit and credit cards
• Set travel plans
• Manage and store receipts
• Set savings goals directly in the app
• Add your loyalty cards directly to your app
Important information for you
• There is a maximum of 5 payments totalling £1000 per day. You must be aged 16 or over.
• Get Cash - Withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at our branded ATMs. You must have at least £10 available in your account and an active debit card (locked or unlocked).
• Touch ID or Face ID are available on selected devices.
• Credit score available once opted in through the app, to customers aged 18+, with a UK address and is provided by TransUnion.
• Spending - You must be aged 16+. Only available for Personal and Premier Current accounts.
• Lock and unlock MasterCard credit cards only
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking and Premier customers only.
• Savings goal available on instant access savings accounts.
• My Loyalty Cards is available to customers aged 18+.
Please make sure you accept the following permissions before starting:
• Allow the app to communicate through your network
• To find your nearest cash machine or branch, you'll need to let the app find your location
• To 'Pay Your Contacts', the app will need access to your contacts list
Winners of: Retail Banker International Awards 2022 for Best use of Biometrics and Best Security initiative for Multi-Factor authentication.
• Now customers can send money directly to you, even if they use a different bank.
• Find our additional apps and services in Discover under the Apply tab.
Ratings and Reviews
I love everything but there are a few things that could be improved upon.
I like being notified of transactions, I can add other bank accounts rather than logging in separately to see balances. I can add store cards and set up savings goals.
It really is a good app and a good bank. Been with RBS for a long time. Their customer service is very good (except the one guy who was extremely difficult, condescending and just down right rude, so much so, he made me swear at him and hang up…then I complained about him when I called back) never had any other problems with them and that’s since the late 1990’s. They are always helpful (apart from that one guy) and really try to sort out any problems you have.
Things that could be improved.
I’d like to be able to remove payees. You know, that old friend you don’t like anymore, just incase I send to them by accident because I ain’t going to get that cash back lol.
Secondly, when I want to see past transactions. I find the date range selector very confusing. It should let me pick a start date and an end date. It looks like it does this but it does not. It’s not as straight forward as it should be. I think the option to type a name or company would be good. That way I don’t have to sift through pages of transactions to find what I’m looking for.
Balances Incorrect 😔
I’ve been using this app ever since it came out and is very useful and over time improvements have made the app even better however the last update 6.6.0 is a big backward step as my balances are not correct ! I run two accounts one for bills and one for general spending, the accounts are linked so that if the general spending account balance drops below £50 it gets topped up from the other account, balances were displayed correctly prior to the update, now it’s just a mess. For example if I had £250 in my main account and say £75 in my other account it is displayed that way then I just need to apply pending transactions, now accounts show main account shows £250 and the other account shows £325, it’s added the balance from the main account to the other account making you think you have more money than you actually have 🤔. Fairly sure this is because the accounts are linked and the app does not how to handle them properly, phoned a lot of people in RBS and they can’t sort it. So Mr developers can you sort this please and make the app useful again and stop it displaying money I don’t have !!
Solid and prob the best
Alongside Barclaycard, MBNA and Amex the RBS app/digital banking has always been at the forefront of functionality and user experience in my opinion.
Having used many banks for our joint banking over the years (for cash back 😄) I’ve always retained rbs for my personal banking (since mid 90s!).
Never had any complaints with how things work etc. with one exception: ability to amend nicknames. Understand why this has been amended but didn’t really accept there couldn’t be a solution. Discussed with banking team and gave thoughts/reasons, the outcome being positive and a solution found.
All in all RBS provides an excellent service and listens to customers’ feedback, constructively working to address anything that can improve the overall experience.
We’ll done team & keep doing what you are doing.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NatWest Group plc
- 159.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © National Westminster Bank plc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.