Start banking on the go with our mobile app. You can view your balance, make transfers and payments – you can even log in with your fingerprint. Our app is available to download for our Digital Banking customers.
What you need to register
• You'll need to be registered for Digital Banking. If you aren't already, you can do this when registering for the mobile app.
• Your Customer Number, which is your date of birth followed by four random digits.
• Your Digital Banking PIN & Password, which is what you use to log in online.
• When logging in for the first time you’ll be asked to choose a mobile banking PIN, which is what you’ll use in the future.
• Log in using Touch ID or Face ID – there’s no need to remember any details when logging in. Available on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
• Personalise your app – customise how you view your accounts in your app and your own personal greeting.
• Get Cash – visit a cash machine and withdraw up to £130 without your debit card – perfect if you’ve forgotten your wallet.
• Pay someone new without a card reader – all you need is their account number and sort code and you can send up to £1000.
• Manage receipts – Business and Premier customers can capture and store receipt images that will then be automatically matched to your transactions.
Other important information about our app
• Get Cash allows you to withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at any Royal Bank of Scotland (in Scotland), NatWest or Tesco ATM, as long as it’s within your daily withdrawal limit. You must have at least £10 available in your account.
• Paying someone new without a card reader allows a maximum of five payments totalling £1000 per day. You must be aged 16 or over.
• Paying your contacts allows a maximum of 20 payments totalling £250 per day. Pay anyone who has our app or is registered for Paym. You must be aged 16 or over.
• To cancel a Direct Debit from within the app, you have until 8:20pm (UK time) on the day the payment is due. At or after 8:20pm (UK time), the payment due on that day will have been taken and we will not be able to retrieve it.
• To cancel or amend a standing order from within the app you must give at least two working days notice.
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking and Premier customers only.
• Standard data charges may apply – contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features that our app offers, you will need to accept the following permissions:
• Network communication for connectivity
• Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
• Access to your contacts list to allow you to Pay Your Contacts
• You can now see your credit score in the app. Visit your profile (top right icon on home screen) to view it now!
• To help prevent scams, we will work with other banks to check that when you make a payment, the payee's name matches the account number provided.
• We have made improvements to the Instalment lending journey making it much easier for you to setup a plan.
• Make it easier to earn rewards by storing your loyalty cards digitally. Simply add in app and scan at checkout. (iPhone Only)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Couldn’t do without it!
Thank goodness for the fingerprint login; I am terrible at remembering passwords and when it comes to the app that controls my finances, I need one that is very secure and this way, I always get it right! 😉 I now understand the ‘available balance’ calculation but I wish they also simply stated the end figure ie what is left after pending transactions and arranged overdraft are subtracted, rather than me relying on my mental maths! Apart from that, the app is simple to use and very reliable. I don’t know what I’d do without it! (In fact, I do... it would involve spending too much money and not transferring any into my savings account! I can’t set up a standing order for that as my finances vary from month to month so I could end up overdrawn; the app allows me to do it instantly when I’m in a position to do so!).
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like our App. We are continuously looking to improve our app and feedback from our customers really help. Make sure you keep up to date with any new features in the ‘Help > 'Apps & New Features' Section. We will take your feedback on board :) -HA
I’ve been with RBS bank for over 20 years now as a private and recently last couple of years a business customer again. As a bank they have their issues as do every other bank I’ve ever used so no real difference there. What sets them apart though is the care and thought they put into decisions they make on our behalf and the best one ever is their banking app. I can only say it’s by far the best one out there. So easy to use and fast very clear details available in a touch of s button. Making inter account transactions a breeze payment to family friends simple and quick. The tagging of business accounts to it was revolutionary. It changes my time needed at my pc from four to five hours a day into mere minuets. Thank you Team #RBS
Raymond Blackley life customer X
Better and better
This app keeps improving. I particularly like the option to categorise spending, but would suggest a couple of additions. Firstly, I would like to see all my transactions listed, including standing orders to other accounts, so that I have a better idea of actual cash-flow from each. Secondly, an option to create one’s own categories would be good, or, if that is not possible, could we have a holiday category, please. I can’t be the only person going on holiday!!
I wrote the above a week or so ago. Today I notice some more anomalies. The ‘Spending’ breakdown mixes up entries from different accounts and some things simply aren’t on there. This facility has the potential to be really helpful but at present is worse than useless. Any chance of a major overhaul, please?
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
- 177.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.