Everyday banking from the comfort of your home. Our app makes your day-to-day banking easy, quick and secure.
It’s available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Please note that the app contains images when logging in, that may cause a reaction in individuals who are photosensitive.
You’re in control of your money
From being able to quickly check your account balances and transactions, to moving money between accounts, sending money securely to others and paying someone new up to £1000 without a card reader or getting cash from an ATM without your debit card, our app gives you greater control of your finances.
You can manage your bills easily and check the details of Direct Debits and standing orders. If you need a hand with anything, our Secure Messaging tool lets you to contact us in-app for any extra help.
You’re protected by our secure banking promise
With our app you’re covered by our secure banking promise, which makes it one of the safest ways to bank. We monitor your account 24/7 for unusual activity and will refund any money paid out of your account as long as you keep your security information safe.
You can log in to the app safely with Touch ID, Face ID or secure passcode and there is always a confirmation check to make sure you’re paying the right person or business.
Find a new account to suit you
• Apply directly for a current account from the Royal Bank app (account eligibility criteria apply)
• Open and manage a savings account (account eligibility criteria apply)
• Apply for a lending product directly in the app (aged 18+ eligibility criteria apply)
Need help managing your money? Our smart tools are here to help
• Check your Credit Score
• Manage your spending and set budgets
• Lock and unlock your debit and credit cards
• Set travel plans
• Manage and store receipts
• Set savings goals directly in the app
• Add your loyalty cards directly to your app
Important information for you
• There is a maximum of 5 payments totalling £1000 per day. You must be aged 16 or over.
• Get Cash - Withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at our branded ATMs. You must have at least £10 available in your account and an active debit card (locked or unlocked).
• Touch ID or Face ID are available on selected devices.
• Credit score available once opted in through the app, to customers aged 18+, with a UK address and is provided by TransUnion.
• Spending - You must be aged 16+. Only available for Personal and Premier Current accounts.
• Lock and unlock MasterCard credit cards only
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking and Premier customers only.
• Savings goal available on instant access savings accounts.
• My Loyalty Cards is available to customers aged 18+.
Please make sure you accept the following permissions before starting:
• Allow the app to communicate through your network
• To find your nearest cash machine or branch, you'll need to let the app find your location
• To 'Pay Your Contacts', the app will need access to your contacts list
• We've been doing some spring cleaning and thought it was time to freshen up the look and feel of the app.
• Your face is your password. Take a selfie and you'll soon be able to make larger payments on mobile...now available on the iPad too!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Better and better
This app keeps improving. I particularly like the option to categorise spending, but would suggest a couple of additions. Firstly, I would like to see all my transactions listed, including standing orders to other accounts, so that I have a better idea of actual cash-flow from each. Secondly, an option to create one’s own categories would be good, or, if that is not possible, could we have a holiday category, please. I can’t be the only person going on holiday!!
I wrote the above a week or so ago. Today I notice some more anomalies. The ‘Spending’ breakdown mixes up entries from different accounts and some things simply aren’t on there. This facility has the potential to be really helpful but at present is worse than useless. Any chance of a major overhaul, please?
Balances Incorrect 😔
I’ve been using this app ever since it came out and is very useful and over time improvements have made the app even better however the last update 6.6.0 is a big backward step as my balances are not correct ! I run two accounts one for bills and one for general spending, the accounts are linked so that if the general spending account balance drops below £50 it gets topped up from the other account, balances were displayed correctly prior to the update, now it’s just a mess. For example if I had £250 in my main account and say £75 in my other account it is displayed that way then I just need to apply pending transactions, now accounts show main account shows £250 and the other account shows £325, it’s added the balance from the main account to the other account making you think you have more money than you actually have 🤔. Fairly sure this is because the accounts are linked and the app does not how to handle them properly, phoned a lot of people in RBS and they can’t sort it. So Mr developers can you sort this please and make the app useful again and stop it displaying money I don’t have !!
Couldn’t do without it!
Thank goodness for the fingerprint login; I am terrible at remembering passwords and when it comes to the app that controls my finances, I need one that is very secure and this way, I always get it right! 😉 I now understand the ‘available balance’ calculation but I wish they also simply stated the end figure ie what is left after pending transactions and arranged overdraft are subtracted, rather than me relying on my mental maths! Apart from that, the app is simple to use and very reliable. I don’t know what I’d do without it! (In fact, I do... it would involve spending too much money and not transferring any into my savings account! I can’t set up a standing order for that as my finances vary from month to month so I could end up overdrawn; the app allows me to do it instantly when I’m in a position to do so!).
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like our App. We are continuously looking to improve our app and feedback from our customers really help. Make sure you keep up to date with any new features in the ‘Help > 'Apps & New Features' Section. We will take your feedback on board :) -HA
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NatWest Group plc
- 221.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © National Westminster Bank plc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.