NatWest Mobile Banking 4+
Simple, safe and secure
National Westminster Bank plc
Did you know that over 5 million customers now use the award-winning NatWest mobile banking app to access their account every day? Download our app today to make your day-to-day banking easy, quick and secure.
Why the NatWest app?
• Set up current, savings and student accounts instantly
• Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) for better security and send high value payments in-app, amend payment limits and more
• Apply for Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL)
• Split a bill by sharing a payment request link with multiple people at once
• Get Cash in emergencies with a unique code without using your card
• Save your spare change with Single or Double round ups
• Discover our additional apps and services, including mortgages, home and life insurance and loans in one place
• Favourite payees to send money faster
• Calculate your carbon footprint and track your progress
• Budget easily by managing your monthly spending and set categories
• Set up an instalment plan to repay a credit card purchase over a set period
• Add your other bank accounts and see them in one secure place
• Freeze and unfreeze your credit or debit cards at any time
Apply for a Premier account
• Premier Select account – a premium account with no monthly fee
• Premier Reward account – For £2 a month you’ll get £9 a month back in rewards, earn at least 1% at partner retailers per transaction and much more
• Premier Reward Black account – for £31 a month you’ll get airport lounge access, travel and phone insurance, 24/7 concierge service and much more
Apply for a student account
• Open an account today and receive £80 cash and a free Tastecard
• Apply for an interest-free overdraft of up to £2000
Important things to know
• There is a maximum of 5 payments totalling £1000 per day. You must be 16+
• Get Cash - Withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at our branded ATMs. You must have a least £10 available in your account and an active debit card (locked or unlocked)
• Touch ID and Face ID are only available on selected devices.
• Credit score available once opted in through the app, to customers over 18, with a UK address and is provided by TransUnion.
• Spending - you must be aged 16+. Only available for Personal and Premium Current accounts.
• You can freeze and unfreeze MasterCard credit cards only.
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days which include up to 7 countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking and Premier customers only.
• Our app is available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
• Please make sure you accept the following permissions before starting:
• Allow the app to communicate through your network
• To find your nearest cash machine or branch you’ll need to let the app find your location
• To ‘Pay your contacts’ the app will need access to your contacts list
Please note, the app contains images when logging in that may cause a reaction in individuals who are photosensitive. You can switch these off for your device by visiting the settings menu and the accessibility menu where you will be able to find animal control settings within the menu (note this is not within our app but on your devices settings itself).
To download the latest app version, you should have an iOS device with OS - 13 and above
• You can now pay anyone via a secure link. No need for bank details. No fuss.
• You can now reduce the limit for contactless transactions on your debit card.
• You can now reorder your favourite payees, personalised to you. Head to Payments Hub to get started.
Ratings and Reviews
Great little banking app
I love this banking app. I use it every day, a bit like checking my watch! I found my way around fairly easily. I guess doing a little each day helps all the tech stuff to sink in, so you learn as you go. ( and I’m no techi😉).I really wouldn’t be without it now, I’d feel like my right arm was missing. It certainly saves a trip to the branch. I keep a check on my bank balance and the household bills, and more recently during lockdown my increasing online spending. Even the Hubbie is accepting this new way of banking. Recently tried paying a cheque in online (which I think is just brilliant!) and it worked fine. The biometric face recognition has worked whenever I’ve used it too, I’m getting quite a boffin! I’ve recently tried to open a new bank account on behalf of a club I’m in, and had to do it through the Nat West website, using an online form. Hmm, come on Nat West that was a real pain and pretty fiddly, certainly not customer friendly with all the complicated questions ( even if I do understand the reason you need to ask). It can take up to 6 weeks to open a club current account! No one at the branch could or would help when I was stuck. Online chat was next to useless. Bring in the app guys and get it sorted, or bring back the old days!
Updated- I’ve been using the app for many years and, like many, find it to be very useful and pretty much covers everything I need. One gripe is that the biometric authorisation is a bit hit and miss. I used it once and it worked first time and then tried shortly afterwards and it kept refusing to ‘find’ my face. Hopefully this will become more reliable with future updates. I occasionally have to close and reopen the app when transferring money between accounts as the money leaves one account but doesn’t immediately show in the other account. First time I had a brief worry that I’d transferred to the wrong account but it showed up immediately I opened the app again to check.
Love this - it saves me so much time. I've had it for a while and the first version only allowed to transfer between accounts which was okay but not too helpful. Now I can pay bills on the go whenever I want. I like the security feature that means you have to pay a bill from your online account before you can make a payment from the app when you set up a new payee. Have just had my phone replaced because of a fault and had problems as the app kept saying Service Unavailable - phone the 0808 number helpline (using 0800 wizard) and the guy advised deleting and reinstalling the app. Took a couple of minutes to reinstall and get logged back in - great service.
I gave this app 5 stars for some very simple reasons. It’s so easy to navigate, as soon as you open the app you are presented with a concise summary of all your accounts including credit cards with out having to search for each account, these summaries are easily expanded for more detailed look should you need to check on a transaction, filters allow you to narrow the search making finding a debit or a credit to that account even easier.
Quick to use payments and money transfers are made possible with just a few simple clicks.
Finally, working out of the UK in various different countries for most of the year this app is all I need to stay on top of my finances. It allows me to notify in advance the countries I’ll be travelling to so there’s never a problem using my cards when I arrive. There are many features which I could praise but the list is too long.
All in all I truly believe this app saves me time and money by allowing me to keep track of my spending activities at a glance. I highly recommend this app to anyone who’s serious about taking charge of their finances
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- National Westminster Bank plc
- 347.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © National Westminster Bank plc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.