Winner of the ‘Best Banking App’ at the British Bank Awards for 2017 and 2018, our award winning app is available to download for our Online Banking customers.
What you need to register
• You'll need to be registered for Online Banking. If you aren't already, you can do this when registering for the mobile app.
• Your Customer Number, which is your date of birth followed by four random digits.
• Your Online Banking PIN & Password, which is what you use to log in online.
• When logging in for the first time you’ll be asked to choose a mobile banking PIN, which is what you’ll use in the future.
• Log in using Touch ID or Face ID – there’s no need to remember any details when logging in. Available on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
• Personalise your app – customise how you view your accounts in your app and your own personal greeting.
• Get Cash – visit a cash machine and withdraw up to £130 without your debit card – perfect if you’ve forgotten your wallet.
• Pay someone new without a card reader – all you need is their account number and sort code and you can send up to £750.
• Manage receipts – Business and Premier customers can capture and store receipt images that will then be automatically matched to your transactions.
Other important information about our app
• Get Cash allows you to withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at any NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland (in Scotland) or Tesco ATM, as long as it’s within your daily withdrawal limit. You must have at least £10 available in your account.
• Paying someone new without a card reader allows a maximum of five payments totalling £750 per day. You must be aged 16 or over.
• Paying your contacts allows a maximum of 20 payments totalling £250 per day. Pay anyone who has our app or is registered for Paym. You must be aged 16 or over.
• To cancel a Direct Debit from within the app, you have until 8:20pm (UK time) on the day the payment is due. At or after 8:20pm (UK time), the payment due on that day will have been taken and we will not be able to retrieve it.
• To cancel or amend a standing order from within the app you must give at least two working days notice.
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking and Premier customers only.
• Standard data charges may apply – contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features that our app offers, you will need to accept the following permissions:
• Network communication for connectivity
• Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
• Access to your contacts list to allow you to Pay Your Contacts
• The new ‘Spending’ tab gives you the ability to view your spending in categories, helping you get a clear picture of your finances.
• Once you have made a payment immediately download a receipt to view or share.
• View, download and share important documents and mail for your accounts using the new Mailbox feature via the profile section of your app.
• View the exact exchange rate and see a clear summary of your international payment before completing your transaction.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app - but one extra addition would make it FANTASTIC!
This is by far one of the best-designed, intuitive and useful iPhone banking apps that I've come across. It is easy to access, allows you to carry out all of the most important online banking functions, it is easy to navigate and use and it looks great!
The one feature that I have always wanted the app to include that none of the updates ever seem to add is the ability to search through your list of payees to go straight to the name of the person that you wish to pay rather than having to scroll through the entire list from A-Z one by one, as you currently have to do. If you have a long list of payees (as I do), this gets very tedious. This is especially cumbersome when you also have a few payees that you tend to transfer money to more than most others. Either an ability to jump to a letter of the alphabet, searching a name by typing or simply having a section for favourite/most used payees would do the trick.
Aside from this, great app and wholly recommended.
Graat app, but
Great app that has saved me significant amounts of time in administering daily finances and making payments.
My only real gripe would be that the most recent update seems to have done away with a facility I used to find really useful, that of the ability to see how much had been paid off a credit card’s last statement, prior to the final payment date. For cashflow reasons, I make payments towards my credit card bills throughout the month, rather than paying off in one go. I used therefore used to find the facility really useful to know how much more of the previous statement’s total I still had to pay off before the final date for payment. I now have to add up any interim payments I’ve made, which is a real pain.
Regarding credit card payments, it would also be really useful to have some kind of automated ‘count-down’ reminder of when cards needed to be paid by, rather than having to keep checking the statements individually. Other than that, a brilliant app !
Never disappoints 👌🏾
I can always rely on this app when I’m in a queue to buy groceries and have no change on my person
It is a quick transfer and pay when I’m panicking and I LOVE the improvement to have saved payees it is quick and easy to use because there are people I usually send money to and it is nice to know that I can access these names on the go.
I think the only improvement would be to create a pending payments section -
I’m very young and I go into my bank account and I see two different sets of numbers for the amount of money I have and how much I should have without the pending payments; I would like to know which companies are trying to take my money before it leaves my account because sometimes I’m scared I am being scammed and I’ll only see the payments months later saying they left my account earlier I just need to be sure what are my pending payments and that is really the only improvement I have.
- National Westminster Bank plc
- 155.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.