Only Official DVSA Car Theory
Pass your Car Theory Test first time using the ONLY OFFICIAL DVSA Theory Test Kit. Download now to join over 4+ million car drivers who we’ve helped pass!
Brought to you by the DVSA’s (the people who set the tests) official publisher TSO, this app is regularly updated and covers everything you need to know to pass your theory test, drive safely, and improve your road safety awareness!
Our app is for CAR DRIVERS in GB and NI.
This app can be used offline so you can practice anytime, anywhere.
• Over 770+ practice theory questions
• Custom mock tests
• 34 interactive CGI Hazard Perception clips
• Free access to the Highway Code
• Progress tracking
• Advanced search tool
• Voiceover features
• Take unlimited quick and timed mock tests. Build a custom practice set or take a timed mock test with 50 questions - just like the real thing.
• Your progress will also be monitored and visualised in graphs so you can see how far you’ve come.
STUDY AND PRACTICE
• Read the exclusive study content to increase your knowledge of all theory test topics and test your understanding by answering practice questions (including all official questions, over 770+!)
• You can also select specific question sets from areas you may be struggling with. Got a question wrong? See the correct answer, note the explanation, and find out more with references to the Highway Code and more DVSA useful guides!
• Practice for the Hazard Perception section of your theory test with 34 interactive CGI clips from the DVSA – just like those you will experience in the real test.
VIDEO CASE STUDIES
• 9 bonus case studies so you can practice multiple choice questions about a short video clip.
• Backed by learning science, use the progress gauge to measure your test readiness, providing you with confidence that you’re ready to pass your theory test.
• To support your study, we’ve included a free copy of the Official Highway Code to revise from - access this offline wherever you are!
• Want to know more about ‘Airbags’, ‘Stopping Distances’, or ‘Yellow Lines’? Or perhaps practice questions specifically on 'road markings'? Find the content you need with our advanced search tool.
• If you have reading difficulties such as dyslexia, or prefer to learn by listening, use our voiceover feature within the test section to support you.
USEFUL LINKS AND SUPPLIER ZONE
• Navigate through useful resources to support your learning, including Safe Driving for Life – a one-stop information zone. Passed your test? Use our Supplier Zone to help you with the next steps in your driving journey.
• Ready to Pass? Links to DVSA’s official resources to help you understand what it takes to be ready for your driving test. Give yourself the best possible chance of passing by learning vital skills, managing your nerves, and taking mock tests.
• Missing something? Let us know what you’d like to see. We’d love to hear from you with any comments or suggestions about this app.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
• Produced by the Official Publishers of the DVSA
• Over 4+ million downloads
• Featured on Apple’s Top Education Apps
• Nominated for App of the Year (FirstCar)
• Need support? Contact our UK-based team at email@example.com or +44 (0)333 202 5070. We listen and respond to your feedback by updating the app and adding new features, so help others in their studies by letting us know what you’d like to see!
New search feature
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Pros and cons
This app was great, I felt really confident after going through each section and getting passes in every mock test. I passed first time and fully believe using only this app is enough to pass the theory test. With that said I felt some areas were underdeveloped. An example of this was very limited road sign education. In my theory test I experienced 3/4 questions regarding obscure level crossings and signal lights which were never shown or mentioned in the study or practice areas of this app. I agree with other reviews in that I had no idea there was a video section in the multiple choice. Considering the 3 months I waited for this test, I had no intention of feeling underprepared and I can see how that would be enough to rattle people who are under pressure to pass or wait another 3 months. Overall I sailed through most of the test with the information I gained from this app. I just believe a more thorough study section and a video section would enhance it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! We are pleased you found the app useful to prepare for your exam. We have passed your feedback across to the development team. Best wishes for the future, TSO
Highly recommended first time pass today!
Been on & off practising my theory for ages as had the DVSA theory book but used to fall asleep every time reading it! Felt like I was never going to pass my theory & was getting to the point which I’m about ready for my practical test so really needed to get the theory out the way! Downloaded this app and done the practice topics & case studies and then started doing the mock tests which I failed first two times but only by a couple of marks! Then just kept practicing until I was 100% on all topics & case studies and starting passing my mocks! Until 100% booked my test for 2 weeks time and did it every day sometimes a few times, and was passing 50 out of 50 most the time & the hazard Perception Tests. But I was panicking that in my real tests they’d be questions what I didn’t know and I’d be like what is this!! But they are the same questions that are in this app and nearer enough identical hazard Perception Tests! And I passed first time today with 50/50 on the multiple choice questions & 53/75 on hazard Perception Was very pleased if I could give any advice on the hazard Perception Test is don’t click to many times as you’ll score 0 ( I was so frightened of clicking too many times & scoring 0) I didn’t click enough so don’t click too many times but make sure you click in good time when you see the hazard!! This app is the best & good luck with yours! :)
Useful and informative
This app is great, with both the theory and hazard perception included. Hazard perception is something you should not rush through, there is a set amount of videos and once all are completed it is useless redoing them as you will know what hazard to look for next time. Very good though for practice and mocks the actual thing very well. I found the apps version of the hazard perception harder than the actual test itself.
For the theory part, I would say just keep doing the mock tests until you are consistently passing. Maybe do some of the studying if you feel like it but the questions are relatively similar to those asked in the real test so doing the mock is really good. I did around 50 mocks tests and passed 40 times out of the 50. The times I failed were when I first started. Then I was consistent and ended up passing my actual test with 47/50. The majority are common sense but some aren’t so memorising the more complex ones is important. This app will repeat the questions loads of times and eventually it’s easy to answer the harder ones.
It is worth the money, and will almost guarantee a pass if it is used properly.
Developer Response ,
Congratulations on passing your test! We are pleased you found the app useful to take the test and are grateful for your glowing feedback to other users preparing for the test. Best wishes, TSO
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Stationery Office Limited
- 1.5 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Crown copyright
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.