Get fast access to Google Search with the new Google home screen widget built for iOS 14. The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
More ways to access Google:
• Google Search widget — Search from your home screen with the new Google widget built for iOS 14. Choose from 2 widgets, giving you a quick search bar in both sizes, and shortcuts to choose how you Search with Lens, Voice, and Incognito in the medium size widget.
• Google Lens — Search with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• Voice Search — Search conveniently and quickly using your voice, no typing needed.
• Incognito — Search in Incognito mode whenever you want. It’s always a tap away from the homescreen.
Search safely and securely:
• All searches in the Google app are protected by encrypting the connection between your device and Google.
• Privacy controls are easy to find and use. Just tap your profile picture to access your menu and delete recent search history from your account with one click.
• Search proactively filters webspam to help ensure that you see safe, high-quality results.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We fixed user-reported issues and added new features to provide a better search experience.
Ratings and Reviews
The app is the best that you can get but few with a few issues
I’m used to checking the top stories on the google page where it personalises the headlines or news according to your search. I keep going through that on an everyday basis or atleast 5 times in a day. But lately, scrolling through the cards, freezes the app and I’ll have to close the app and try again. But this time, it doesn’t fix even after I close the app and open it again. Please fix this asap.
Following improvements requested and necessary
Hello Google Team,
While the app does almost everything it is designed to do.. there are a few things due to which I prefer googling via safari app instead of google app. Following are my two cents.
1. It does not offer a readers view like safari app does. While most web pages are bombarded by ad’s, most of the time you don’t realise when I’ve moved from the paragraph I was reading and started reading from a ad in between the content. This also leads to clicking on links from ads instead of links from the web pages intended content eventually causing unnecessary frustration. Hence a reader view is very necessary
2. Google app does not offer an option to search for keywords within the web page while safari app does this job fantastically. Finding a needle in the haystack becomes a piece of cake
3. I as a user require more control over the articles I see when I fire up the google app. At present it picks and shows things based on its own observations. It would be awesome if I could define what I want to see there. For eg. news articles only from my city or state or country.. so on
I’d appreciate if these could be incorporated in your next release
Google IPhone App crashing
Google apps are part of my daily activities. Be it travel or to look for any topic, etc. However google search engine app on my iPhone7 has started crashing and immediately get itself close after clicking on icon. I hoped that after system upgradation to 13.7 and app updation, issue will get resolved. However no hope till date after trying everything from my end. Please rectify the error asap.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 272.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.