We know that you love doing everything on your mobile phone right from food ordering to fixing plans with friends to get latest news update to shopping for your favourite brand. So when you live the mobile life, why should banking be any different?
What’s New with HDFC Bank?
Presenting the all-new Mobilebanking App, with the same security you are familiar with, for your everyday banking needs. Bringing all the services of a branch to you mobile, so that you can truly #BankTheWayYouLive
The HDFC Bank MobileBanking App is designed for a generation that gets everything done on their mobile phone, from sending money via UPI to paying and managing your accounts, bills and investments. Even making investments like Fixed Deposits is now available at your fingertips.
The HDFC Bank MobileBanking App provides services under three broad categories—Pay, Save and Invest. These features and more make it the one App for all your everyday financial needs.
Here are some features you will love:
1) Quick and Secure Log-In: Access your HDFC Bank MobileBanking App via face recognition (for iOS 10 & above) or fingerprint sensor mapped only to you. No more hassle of remembering passwords or PIN. Moreover, with multi-level authentication for every transaction this app is extremely secure.
2) All-in-One View: Single view dashboard of all your accounts/product holdings with HDFC Bank i.e. available balance in your A/c, Credit Card. Fixed Deposits and utility bills due.
3) Instant Funds Transfer: Need to make an instant payment? HDFC MobileBanking App auto selects between IMPS / UPI / NEFT depending upon which part of the day you have initiate the funds transfer request.
4) Easy Share: Once you have made a payment, you can share your payment receipts just like you share the latest memes.
5) Adding Favourites: One of the best features of the App is that it lets you create a favourite playlist of your frequent transactions under ‘Favourites’.
6) Organised Bill-Pay: Pay all your utility bills in an instant with our new HDFC Bank MobileBanking App. Clear your mobile, cable TV, electricity, gas or any other utility bills in a flash.
7) Automatic Payments: Forgetting to keep track of all your monthly bills? No problem, the App will do it for you. You can also set up automatic payments and never miss due dates.
8) Credit Card Linking: Having trouble managing your HDFC Bank Credit Card? No problem, this one-app-for-all-needs lets you view all your Credit Card transactions, make Credit Card payments and get account statements along with Reward point status.
9) Swipe to Block: Lost your Credit or Debit Card? Just go to the HDFC Bank MobileBanking App to hotlist the card in a jiffy.
10) Invest: Want to invest in the stock market? Check your Demat Account balances on the HDFC Bank MobileBanking App and quickly navigate to your HDFC Securities App.
Apart from these, there are a host of other features that helps you #BankTheWayYouLive. For example, updating your Aadhaar details, downloading your e-TDS certificate, applying for new Savings Accounts or Credit Cards, applying for loans, Buying or renewing insurance and buying e-Gift and Forex Cards.
Need to get in touch with your Relationship Manager but can’t remember the number? Go to the HDFC Bank MobileBanking App and get in touch with one tap!
So now you know what an awesome and easy-to-understand MobileBanking app HDFC Bank has. Download it now and #BankTheWayYouLive!
By downloading the HDFC Bank MobileBanking App:
*you consent to the installation of this app and its future updates and upgrades. You can withdraw your
consent at any time by deleting the app from your device,
*you are agreeing and providing consent to have read and understood the privacy notice of HDFC Bank.
To know more about the privacy notice, please click here.
User can now easily apply for Personal Loan, 2 Wheeler Loan, Gold Loan, Home Loan, Car Loan & Digital Loan against MF under the 'Borrow' section of the app
Compatibility for iOS 13
Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Have only tried the updated app for few functions - Add a Payee / Transfer via NEFT. Doesn’t seem to be a big change over the old app but am sure HDFC Bank will continue to make improvements. Didn’t like the following features:
1. During transactions, little banners (bank’s additional service advertisements) pop up on the bottom of the screen and doesn’t go away till the time we manually close them using the ‘X’ mark. This is an annoyance as you have to stop in the middle of whatever you are doing to close the banner and then continue as some of the screen for transaction in progress is hidden behind it.
2. After making a third party transfer, the receipt can be downloaded but it also mentions the available balance in your account. Now, if you have to send the proof of payment to a third party (Society Maintenance Charges, school fee, etc.) and you are not comfortable sharing your bank balance with everyone the you have to use third party tools to hide that information. Hope the developers will look into this.
Developer Response ,
Hi, the 'Share' option lets you share a transaction summary with the payee without disclosing your account details. We request you to use this feature and avoid taking screenshots. Also, we apologies for the inconvenience caused. Our team prioritizes giving all our customers a user-friendly experience, thereby enabling customers to navigate within the App with ease. However, we take this opportunity to forward your feedback to the relevant team.
respectable but not a replacement for online banking
I find this true about most of the Indian bank mobile applications and the same is true for HDFC as well. The application seems clunky and is not a good enough replacement of the online banking portal or going to the branch. Especially in a populous country like India and for a bank with the scale of HDFC, the focus should be on making the online and mobile banking portals so easy and feature rich that it reduces the number of visits to branch. I cannot do simple things as link my aadhar number from the mobile banking app. It has a feature to add a quick access pin on the login page. But once I login, I cannot use the settings page to set a quick access pin. Please think of user use cases properly and have a clear focus when designing a software as important as a banking app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Rohit, it would help if you could share the complete issue you are facing at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your registered contact details and ref ID MB-150319-88 in the subject line for us to track it.
HDFC is getting there, but a lot to catch up
First of all, it’s no secret that they had one of the biggest blunders in App Release history and this dented their app rating big time. Now they seem to have a better app than one earlier and it does a fair job.
So for all you folks, who rated based on that experience, it might be worth giving this app another go.
However, this is just a better wrapper on their old app as they do not offer any new functionalities. When you compare to other banking apps like Icici, Kotak then HDFC has a lot more to catch up. Their offerings are far less compared to standard banking apps. Their different applications like Forex, Prepaid Cards, Payzapp, Billpay etc are not well integrated in the main app.
BUT, there is a reason why they are one of the leading banks in India and I am hopeful they will invest some serious thought into making an App that their brand deserves.
Cheers and Good Luck!
Developer Response ,
Hi Shravan, thank you for writing to us. Our team prioritizes giving all our customers a user-friendly experience, thereby enabling customers to navigate within the App with ease. However, we take this opportunity to forward your feedback to the relevant team.
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- 272.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © HDFC Bank Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.