PhonePe is a safe, easy and reliable way to make payments using your mobile phone. Using the PhonePe app, you can make instant money transfers with UPI, recharge your mobile and DTH connection, pay your utility bills, buy gold, pay at your favourite offline and online outlets, invest in tax saving funds and access your favorite food, travel, grocery and shopping apps without downloading them.
Here’s how you can use PhonePe for all your payments needs:
- Send and request money from your contacts anytime, anywhere.
- Recharge your prepaid mobile and DTH connections.
- Pay your postpaid landline, datacard and mobile bills.
- Pay for utilities such as electricity, broadband, water and gas.
- Check your account balance, save beneficiaries and manage multiple bank accounts.
- Pay at your local offline stores.
- Shop on Flipkart, Myntra, Jabong, and other online shopping websites.
- Buy 24k digital gold and store it in a secure locker.
- Pay your credit card bills.
- Invest in tax saving funds.
- Split bills with your friends and settle them right away.
- Transact up to Rs.1 lakh per transaction, 24*7.
- Make instant bank transfers by just using a mobile number or your BHIM UPI ID. You no longer need to remember IFSC codes, account numbers, or other details.
- Get instant refunds and cashbacks from our partner merchants into your PhonePe wallet.
- Make quick payments using your PhonePe account at any of our merchant partners.
- Live at over 160 billers and 140 banks with more coming soon
- Transact in the language of your choice. English, Hindi, Tamil, Odiya, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada, Malyalam, Assamese, Gujarati and Marathi are now live. More languages coming soon!
For more details, please visit our website at https://www.phonepe.com
- Add a nickname to remember your saved and newly added bank accounts, credit and debit cards.
- Check out Maps with a more intuitive UI to locate stores accepting PhonePe near you
- Rate stores you pay at on the transaction confirmation screen
- Look up transactions between you and your contacts. Check out 'View History' on the contact page
- Bug fixes and performance upgrades(We are now on Swift 5.0!)
Update now, a newer version is waiting for you!
Ratings and Reviews
There are very few apps that one would search on the app store manually and write a review about. This is certainly one of those. Amazing app and basically lets you manage your multiple bank accounts with ease. Reminders feature for transferring money between salary and savings account is amazing. Tried the new credit card bill payment as well which is again a good value add. I am able to do all of my bill payments from broadband to dth payments through this. Airtel bill payment is still the only thing i have to do some other way though now. But kudos to everyone who made this app. A suggestion: can you guys allow creating reminders for paying broadband bills etc as this is a constant amount
Worst customer service experience
While interacting with PhonePe I’ve had the worst customer service experience ever, their customer support is nothing more than a joke. Considering the app deals with finances, I expected a decent customer service but it’s quite the opposite it’s worst than the most social network sites. I strongly recommend against using an app to manage finances that doesn’t help you resolve your issues if their app malfunctions.
I recently submitted an email ticket cuz transaction history just disappeared from my account and as replies of the tickets their customer support team kept sending me same reply explaining steps on how to check transaction history(that’s no longer available in the app). I tried to reason with them that transaction history is not available in my account it disappeared because of bug or something in their app, but instead of trying to resolve the issue they just kept sending me the same email again and again on how to check my transaction history(again which is no longer available in the app).
Those reading this review please consider using a different app to manage your money cuz if something goes wrong with their app you’re basically on your own since their customer service isn’t of much use.
Developer Response ,
We're here to assist you. To help us serve you better, please share your registered mobile number along with an error screenshot at email@example.com. We will get back to you soon. Alternatively, you can contact us via app/call on 0124 678 9345.
This is my first app review. Usually if I do not like an app I just delete it. But I’ve had horrible experience with Phonepe so I had to write this time. They have the worst customer service. In past two months I contacted them for 3 different issues. Considering that I trusted them with my money the least I expected was the customer support guys to hear me out. But instead of resolving the issue they yelled at me! I was shocked at the first instance when the phone support associate raised her voice on me. But then it happened all the times I received called from them. They were utterly rude, disrespectful and always shouted. It was pretty clear that they don’t care about a good customer experience. Also the responses they give for all the tickets raised are just generic canned replies and doesn’t address the issue at all.
You cannot reason with them because they will never listen to you or read what you write. Its funny actually how are they running their business like this. Anyway I have learned my lesson now and I am going to stick to other UPI payments app only. I uninstalled this app and made my whole family also do the same. So if you are reading this please save yourself from this bad experience.
- PHONEPE PRIVATE LIMITED
- 158.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019, PhonePe Internet Pvt Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.