Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
• With Live View in Google Maps, see the way you need to go with arrows and directions placed right on top of your world. There’s no second guessing or missing another turn.
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
• Review places you’ve visited. Add photos, missing roads and places.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great but some annoying Flaws
I prefer Google maps on my iPhone but for a few seriously annoying flaws.
If I plot a default a2b journey i get the “total time and (distance)” which is great for planning fuel.
Flaw 1 is this. If I then add stops e.g a2b2c2d I.e. planning a scenic route rather than shortest, with two or three legs to avoid the app defaulting back to shortest route, now I get time to first stop and “number of stops” different and totally useless information. There is space to add total time and distance to the right. I can get total time if I click on the add stops list at top but not total distance.
The other problem, nowhere I can see to save a route to recall and use again. If I share a route it doesn’t share the stops only the final destination so I cannot even share it to notes or message myself to recall later and get the complete route. Is this a bug. I tested a four stop route and shared it to notes, that works to save but when I click to open the shared maps the first two stops are now missing. Texting or emailing does much the same. So if I share with a friend they’ll be on a different route.
If I go in to edit stops the distance shown beside each stop, is line of sight from my location to each stop, rather than cumulative driving distance.
I can open up Saved Maps in Your Places but not do anything with it.
When will you update?
I love using this app, as its great to find your way around when you are lost. I recently used it whilst on a holiday in Sydney, good to find where I wanted to go around the city. But I think your photos need updating. I saw on yr site that my area has been done. But the photo used in the house where me and my parents used to live 4yrs ago is still old, as we know longer live there. It shows their cars in the carport, and a letterbox we had taken out four years before we left (we put a new one in). So your photo is about 8yrs old. The google earth one is up to date, so I think you guys need to update yours too. Other than that, everything else is great. If your photos were up to date, I'd give you five starts for sure, as I use this app all the time 👍🏻
Great for travel, and just pottering. Good that they act on your updates
So useful for travel by car, bus, bike or foot. I've enjoyed planning trips, and looking back on trips. Not to mention exploring places that I'll never get to.
If they keep on adding to their coverage of tracks and bike trails in New Zealand, I'll up my rating to five stars.
And it's good to be able to submit updates and corrections. I'd like it easier to add missing paths.
An update to add paths would be great.
Glad that this is still running on IOS9.
- Google LLC
- 199.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.