Scan any Snapper card to top-up, check the balance on the go.
--- Features ---
Sign in with your existing Snapper account and scan any Snapper card to:
- Check the real-time card balance
- View the concession type
- Top-up (minimum of $1)
- View pass information
- Save payment details
- Collect pending refunds, top-ups, or passes
- View Travel, top-ups, refunds or balance transfers in your transaction history
--- Card compatibility ---
If you have an older Snapper card without a ‘+’ in the corner* and wish to use this app we will swap it out for free if you visit www.snapper.co.nz/contact-us/
*The app is not compatible with RideBank cards.
- Now whenever a top-up or refund is collected during a card read we'll take you directly to the Card Info (Transaction History) tab
- The card read process should be more tolerant to failures on older devices
- The VoiceOver functionality within the app has been given some love
- When signing out from the Account tab a confirmation will appear to double check you really wanted to sign out
- Some behind the scenes tweaks and improvements to keep things running smoothly...
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I always forget to top up my snapper and it’s been such a pain doing last minute dashes to the dairy to top it up before my bus arrives (which I often miss because of having to do so, or if I have forgotten, am not able to get on). This app is amazing, and as I’ve just found - doesn’t require the internet to be able to top up! (Thank goodness!) works so well and super convenient.
At long last
I’ve been waiting for this for soooo long, app seems to work great. The only thing I think needs to be added is the ability to add your card and use your phone to tag on/off
Great except for being over protective
This is great, bar one very annoying problem. My phone is secured with biometric and PIN lock. But the app insists on me setting an arbitrary 4-digit insecure PIN to lock my credit card. I don’t remember this PIN so every time I need to top up, I end up having to reset and re-enter my card details. Please don’t nanny-state my phone. You could at least tie into Apple’s biometric system and let me use Face ID.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.