Adobe Fresco is a free drawing and painting app built especially for iPad with Apple Pencil and iPhone. Designed for artists who draw professionally or paint for passion. Artwork syncs across devices so you can focus more on inspiration than where your files are.
Create beautiful digital art with three types of brushes:
Live Brushes: Paint with watercolors and oils that blossom, blend, smear, and smudge just like the real thing.
Pixel brushes: Use all your favorite Pixel brushes from Photoshop.
Vector brushes: Work with infinitely scalable vector brushes to create crisp lines, ready to print at any size.
Whether you prefer a canvas or a sketch pad, watercolor or oils, Fresco gives you flexibility as an artist. Turn your artwork into animation using our motion tools. With the premium version, you can also easily import .abr files of all your Photoshop brushes or choose from over a thousand unique brushes created by celebrated master Kyle T. Webster.
Adobe Fresco reimagines essential tools for illustrators, including modernized selection and masking, and a flexible UI so you can draw faster and without distractions. Brushes and projects follow you across devices so you can work wherever inspiration strikes. Enjoy seamless Photoshop integration, extra creative cloud storage, access to Photoshop on iPad with your subscription, and more. The premium offering adds Photoshop integration and extra creative cloud storage.
• Paint with 50+ Photoshop paint brushes, vector brushes, and exclusive Live Brushes.
• Draw using the sketch pad and experiment before finalizing your painting on a canvas.
• Use powerful tools for creation, including selections, masking, layers, and layer groups.
• Multicolor eyedrop — Sample, then paint with multiple colors at once with any pixel brush or Live Brush.
• Magic wand and liquify — Easily select your artwork with the magic wand and then use liquify to brush adjustments for the perfect creative effect.
• Color adjustment layers — These familiar layers from Photoshop allow you to easily change the brightness, hue/saturation, and color of your artwork.
• Drawing aids — Familiar tools like a ruler, circle, square, and polygon allow you to quickly trace along the edge with a brush or fill inside/outside with the Fill tool.
• Guides & grids — Quickly align your artwork or create natural-looking perspective artwork with easy-to-use drawing aids.
• Access your custom brushes from Adobe Capture and other Creative Cloud libraries.
• Motion tools — Create an animation from your artwork using frame by frame or with motion paths. Export your art as an animated GIF or MP4 movie file.
• Your Adobe Photoshop Sketch and Adobe Illustrator Draw projects are automatically migrated the first time you sign into Fresco.
• Export time-lapse videos that replay the creation of your artwork.
• Use vector brushes to create vector art that you can scale up to any size.
• Easily exports as PNG, JPG or layered PSD files.
• Learn with step-by-step tutorials and built-in video tutorials.
Want to take your artwork to the next level? Subscribe to Fresco and get access to thousands of premium brushes, fonts, and shapes and increased cloud storage.
• An expanded library of 1,000+ brushes
• Access to over 1000+ premium fonts for use in Fresco
• New quarterly brushes by Illustration evangelist Kyle T. Webster
• Ability to import brushes (ABR files)
• Increased cloud storage
Terms & Conditions:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: www.adobe.com/go/ca-rights-linkfree
NEW BUILT-IN MULTICOLOR SWATCHES: Paint dramatic 3D strokes and lettering using an updated set of built-in multicolor swatches. You can find them in the Color panel under All > Fresco colors. Create infinite variations for any swatch by adjusting the hue slider.
NEW MOTION PATH CONTROLS: Use the new Grow/Shrink control to change the size of your artwork as it moves along its motion path. Use Sway to rotate your artwork back and forth along its axis.
If you're enjoying Fresco, please leave a review. It really helps other people discover the app!
Ratings and Reviews
The best painting experience ( free version )
I am a student and learning painting as a hobby. I have been painting when I was 3 years old, I am not professional however drawing/painting has been part of my life for nearly 4 decades. I am trying to move to digital painting for sometime now and used different softwares like photoshop with stylus, procreate etc. I wanted an app which can provide real painting/drawing experience and adobe fresco fulfills that dream. The live brushes are just amazing. There are reviews which talk about not having many tools but I don’t think we really need them unless you are working on a time constraint production. Real painting is not about having multiple tools, it’s about the experience. I am glad that there is a eraser option as in real media you don’t even have that luxury. I used procreate it’s a great app for digital artists but does not mimic the experience of real painting. So don’t go by the bad reviews and try out this app. I really really don’t want adobe to kill this app just for bad reviews. Also there has been a lot of feedback on high prices, however I think they are just for professionals who are mostly already paying for creative cloud. I just have the free app ( didn’t register for 6 months ) and I have access to all the tools I need to learn and practice. I believe adobe did a great job here and should be appreciated.
Another amazing Adobe app, that will become the standard.
I’m an amateur artist. Have been drawing/sketching since I was a kid. I got an iPad Pro a little a year ago, because I had become temporarily disabled, and needed something to keep me busy, for I would be confined to a bed for a long time. I of course got an Apple Pencil, and started doing the “paint by numbers” apps on here. Then of course, I downloaded the the Adobe Sketch app. It was okay. I literally have no idea what was/am doing, so I was very limited. Then Fresco was released. At first it still felt like the Sketch app, just a bit more customizable. Then when you guys finally released the big update after the 6 month trial, it opened a whole new world for me. Everything became more streamlined, and super easy to understand. Adding Brushes from PS super easy, but still limited. But over time, with more updates, it has become something special and unique. I bought and tried Procreate, several times, but I always end up going back to Fresco. Watching, and experiencing this app evolve, while I’m learning and evolving with it, has been amazing, and with so much time in the future to refine it, and better integrate PS with it, it will become the new standard. I’m so excited to see it happen, knowing I started from the very beginning. Thank you to the whole team over there!
Now I know how the pros do it.
Hi there! I just recently downloaded this app, (as in, yesterday) and I am a aspiring 10 year old artist. I want to specialize in the Japanese art, anime and this helps a bunch! All though I can draw on paper easily, I’m still trying to find what suits ME, so I went on a adventure throughout the App Store, and came out empty. One day I was watching TV and your commercial came up for photoshop, so I searched up Adobe, and got this. I download the app and it was surprisingly easy to navigate. I thought all the techniques would be hard to use, but I was wrong. It was actually really simple. Everything was easy to use.
I kinda wish, and I know y’all have to make money somehow, but I wish it was all free. Like the Manga and Comic features so I can practice that (I also would like to be a author) but it wasn’t free and I’m using my school account so I can’t access it.
Going into 5th grade art is gonna be my elective, so this will be really helpful. I wanna be a pro some day, so this is probably gonna be a keeper until I get more advanced. If I have anything else to say, or anymore comments or concerns, I’ll edit… If not then I will leave it. Until then, happy creating aspiring artist like me, or good luck out there ya pros!!! Bye bye!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adobe Inc.
- 964.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 - 2022 Adobe. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Fresco + Ps on iPad $9.99
- Fresco $9.99
- Adobe Design Mobile Bundle $14.99
- Fresco + Ps on iPad $9.99
- Fresco + Ps on iPad $79.99
- Adobe Design Mobile Bundle $149.99