Easily create professional vector art – transfer your unique drawings & designs from paper to screen in just a few taps with the new Vectorize tool for Ai on iPad.
Create logos, illustrations, graphics and more. Illustrator on the iPad works intuitively with your Apple Pencil so you can design on the go from anywhere, even offline - it’s never been easier to take your creativity to new places.
Design with precision, as naturally as you would with pen and paper. Create vector lines, shapes, type, gradients, and effects. Merge or cut graphics with quick, intuitive Pencil gestures to remove unwanted areas. Make your graphics pop with effects, and access over 18,000 fonts, 20+ color palettes, up-to-the-minute live streams from famous creatives, and guided tutorials.
Work on a project across Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Fresco. Plus, your Illustrator work is automatically synced to the cloud, so you and your team can always access the latest version from your desktop or iPad.
This app is part of Adobe Creative Cloud. It’s free for Creative Cloud members who have a plan that includes Illustrator.
INTUITIVE AND PRECISE DRAWING WITH APPLE PENCIL
• Natural ways to draw — Make lines and curves using the Pen, Pencil, and Brush tools
• Art and Calligraphic Brushes — Create and apply brush strokes to add artistic elements to your artwork.
• Pinpoint editing — Create perfect graphics without quality loss with Smart Delete, Simplify Path, and more
• Point precision — Edit graphics down to the point, radius, or angle level
NEW WAYS TO MAKE STUNNING PATTERNS AND SHAPES
• Vectorize — Convert raster images or paper sketches into vector images.
• Radial, grid, and mirror repeat — Turn graphics into sophisticated patterns
• Polygon shape creation — Make objects out of circles, triangles, squares, and stars
• Transform as Shape — Transform paths and curves without manual manipulation of anchor points.
• Blend Tool — Smoothly blend one shape into another across a specified number of steps.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE TYPE TOOLKIT FOR IPAD
• 18,000+ fonts — Use one of the thousands of high-quality fonts included in the Adobe Fonts library
• Fonts of your own — Upload and design with any of your own licensed fonts and use them on both desktop and iPad
• Type on a path — Bend and flow text onto the surface of lines and shapes
• Outlined text — Turn text into an editable format that can be modified without limits
• Variable fonts — They’re infinitely customizable
• Color fonts — Explore gorgeous color variations and gradients that are built into the font
BRILLIANT COLORS AND GRADIENTS
• Point gradients — Drag and drop colors to create dynamic blends of diffused colors
• 20+ color books — Use industry-standard color swatches or incorporate your own
SEAMLESS MOVEMENT BETWEEN DEVICES AND APPS
• File syncing between Illustrator on the desktop and on the iPad — Projects are automatically synced and accessible across devices
• Photoshop import — Easily place a Photoshop image into your Illustrator design
• Standard file format export — Create, save, and open Illustrator (AI) files with no loss of quality, and export in the most common formats, including SVG, PDF, PNG, and PSD.
KEEPING TABS ON THE LATEST CREATIVE TRENDS
• Livestreaming — Watch and learn from top design-industry creatives daily, right within the app
• Trends to discover — Explore projects by other creatives
Terms & Conditions:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: www.adobe.com/go/ca-rights-linkfree
This update includes new features, experience improvements, and bug fixes. You can now:
- Set the pencil tool to join the ends automatically or not.
- Use primary modifier or the shift key in the pen tool to draw points at 90 and 45 degree angles.
- Duplicate layers by sliding to the left, and picking the duplicate option. Or, dragging it over the (+) icon in the panel.
- Identify used swatches in fills and strokes. And active artboards with a darker outline.
- Swap fill and stroke with keyboard shortcut Shift+X.
Ratings and Reviews
Adobe’s creative powerhouse has been reimagined from the ground up to bring 35 years of innovation (and know-how) to mobile. For longtime users, Illustrator for iPad will feel like a fresh way to experience a familiar tool. It’s simply a lot of fun to experiment with too. The time to create is now.
I’ve been so anxious for this to come out, but I also didn’t have high expectations. Most of the time, when computer softwares make an app, so many key features are missing; the apps feel clunky, and it’s always a pain to use and re-learn. I usually end up deleting the app and just sticking with the original. This is NOT the case here!
It truly feels like an extension of AI, and working in it is like second nature. All the basics are there, and bouncing back and forth between my iPad and laptop is seamless. I LOVE that I don’t have to worry about saving or exporting, loading to a cloud, then converting my files. I’m literally drawing vector lines with my Apple Pencil from the get-go, already in the format I need. Game changer! No more having to trace and clean up later. Also, manipulating points with my pencil is sooo much easier than clicking with a mouse.
Thank you guys for making such an incredible app, right out of the gate. Admittedly, I haven’t been in love with other iPad-version Adobe products, but this is truly amazing!!
Adobe needs to get it together
I’ve tried to give this time, but it’s almost like it’s spiraling and becoming worse with each update and ‘added’ features. Every time there is a small update for “bug fixes” and “stability,” it seems to only bug out worse than it did on the last update. You would think that Adobe, a billion dollar company noted as the leader for software and industry ‘standard’ for graphic design application tools, would be able to manage an at least semi-functioning iPad Pro application for one of their most used desktop apps. This (long anticipated) app was first launched nearly 6 months ago, and yet, you still are unable to export a high-resolution raster image (other than a PSD), one of the most, ummm, necessary features of any design software. The app has crashed on me or completely frozen *at least* 15 times today. AND did I forget to mention they make you pay a very hefty fee every month just to use something that works only half the time?
I really wish somebody would scrub the entire software development department in charge of iPad applications and just start from scratch because this is ridiculous, and there are unfortunately no comparable alternatives other than affinity, but I don’t have time to learn an entirely new program in an industry that de facto requires you to be subservient to Adobe products. Sigh.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adobe Inc.
- 1 GB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Adobe. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Illustrator on iPad : Monthly $9.99
- Adobe Design Mobile: Monthly $14.99
- Illustrator on iPad : Yearly $79.99
- Adobe Design Mobile: Yearly $149.99