The BandHelper app works with your BandHelper account to share info with your bandmates, streamline your management duties and power your live show.
ALL THE INFO YOUR BAND NEEDS TO SHARE
Load your BandHelper account with your songs, set lists, lyrics, chord charts, reference recordings, videos, notes, events and contact info and they appear on all of your bandmates' mobile devices automatically. If inspiration strikes during a rehearsal, make a quick recording in the app and that will be synced, too. With this info at everyone's fingertips, you'll spend less time remembering what you talked about at the last rehearsal and more time becoming a better band.
YOUR COMMAND CENTER ON STAGE
BandHelper is as useful on stage as it is in the practice room. Auto-scroll lyrics, play backing tracks and click tracks through separate audio ports or inter-app audio, and configure MIDI-compatible sound and lighting equipment as you move from song to song. You can control BandHelper with MIDI or Bluetooth footswitches, and link your bandmates' devices for screen sharing or remote control on stage.
TIME-SAVING FEATURES FOR BAND LEADERS
Scheduling gigs is a snap with BandHelper's automated email messages to ask your bandmates' availability, send updates if the details of a gig change, and send reminders before the gig. You can set up checklists to help promote or pack for a gig, and build stage plots with a drag-and-drop interface. And splitting the money after a gig is easy with BandHelper's features to track income and expenses and calculate each band member's share of the profit.
MOBILE, WEB AND WATCH INTERFACES
Besides its native mobile apps, BandHelper includes a web interface for efficient data entry, and an Apple Watch app for quick access on the go. You can update your band's data from any device connected to your account, and BandHelper will sync it to all the others automatically.
Join thousands of bands around the world who have gotten more organized with BandHelper!
*** If you have a problem or a suggestion, please contact me before writing a bad review. I can't troubleshoot problems through the review system, but I respond promptly to all help tickets and posts in my support forum. ***
- Added a Table of Contents option to the set list Share Songs page. (Requires iOS 11.)
- Added support for JPEG documents in the set list Share Songs function.
- Correctly rotated annotations to match the document orientation when a landscape document is shared in portrait orientation or vice-versa.
- Updated the event repeat function so that if you change the date of a repeated event, the dates of the following events will be offset by the same amount. For example, you can select an event that repeats on Fridays and move it a week later and all the following events will be moved a week later. However, you should only select a new date that fits into the repeat sequence. For example, moving an event to Saturday when it is part of a series that repeats on Fridays is not supported.
- Updated the Previous Song and Next Song remote control actions, layout actions and layout buttons to stop wrapping from the first song to the list song or the last song to the first song, updated the Previous Song and Next Song layout buttons to appear faded when viewing the first or last song, and added a bounce animation when attempting to use the Previous Song and Next Song remote control actions or layout actions when viewing the first or last song.
- Renamed the Previous Page and Next Page remote control actions to Previous Page or Marker and Next Page or Marker to indicate that they will jump to the marker positions instead of the page positions when markers are present.
- Added a list of each band member's rating at the bottom of the song edit page. This is visible only to account administrators.
- Enabled the Save button in the song edit popup after adding or editing attachments. Even though a save is not actually needed in these situations, clicking Save is more intuitive than clicking Cancel to close the popup.
- Added a Clear button to the checklist view page to clear all the checklist progress.
- Updated the Settings > Appearance > Lyrics Font picker to display each option in that font.
- Restored the save validation when using the back button popup menu to navigate back multiple pages after editing a page.
- Fixed the sort by tag option on the song list and song picker.
- Removed the All and None buttons from the project and user pickers when only one selection is allowed.
- Fixed a crash when editing some layout options on a phone in landscape orientation.
- Fixed a problem during layout editing where previously selected layout items didn't correctly deselect when selecting a new layout item.
- Fixed the alignment of annotations when viewing a one-page document in a document viewer that's taller than the page.
- Fixed a problem that shifted the position of formatting when adding multi-byte characters like emojis to formatted text.
- Fixed a problem that created duplicate MIDI devices when using the Update MIDI Presets utility.
- Fixed a problem that navigated all the way back to the Accounts list after deleting some items on iOS 12 and older.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, great support, love it...
After carrying around binders of music for years in our 5 piece band, I decided last year to try a digital approach. My band mates were afraid at first and two of them continued to use binders. After a few months of seeing how easy and convenient my setup was (and realize how nice it is to have back lit music in a dark bar) they made the switch and we have not looked back. I am continually learning how to do new things with this app that push me further into automation (which, as a control freak guitarist scares me, but also allows me to focus on performing and less on nonsense). I should have made the switch years ago and I very much so appreciate this app. There is a yearly subscription fee to use the app, but once you realize you can bring a guitar and all the music you have ever learned in one guitar bag, you won’t mind. Plus, the developer is making constant improvements so I think of it more as an investment than a fee. Don’t listen to the negative comments. There is a little learning curve, as with anything, but invest the time off stage so that you can focus on the music on stage.
Great app for guitarists
I love this app because of three important benefits:
1) Split screen option which allows you to see the set list on one side along with the chord sheet on the other.
2) Custom fields. Because I use up to four different presets on a song, I needed an app that can store the bank and preset number for each preset used for each song. BandHelper allows you to create a seemingly unlimited number of custom fields for each song - no more need to rely on an excel spreadsheet that shows the presets needed for each song.
3) Very flexible display options: pick what fields you want shown on the main display for a song chart as well as on the set list. When you create a custom field, it automatically creates two additional versions of the field corresponding to the next song in the set list and the one after that. So on the display for a particular song, it can show the bank and preset for the next song coming up, the title of the the next song, the key, etc. — very cool!
I used it on a gig for the first time last week, with a Donner tablet page turner footpedal, and the combination worked flawlessly.
Best Out There
I absolutely love this app. Great functionality and purpose. Easy to create set lists on the web with easier typing and stuff, then sync it to the app. Make one list— every band member gets it. I like the fact you can customize your particular info that pops up for the set list and doesn’t affect the others. I can display my drum charts with my set list in split screen while the other guys can display chord charts and things they need. Works really well on my iPad Pro. Big writing and buttons. I also have it connected via Bluetooth to my iRig page turner to advance to the next song and turn my metronome on/off. I have the Pro version of this app for schedules, stage plots, contacts, and financials. It really comes in handy, especially the “contacts” feature. You can save venue info for later use. You can use the app with MULTIPLE accounts (handy for hired gun musicians), make several different “repertoires,” set lists, etc. I LOVE THIS APP!!!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Arlo Leach
- 75.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2013-2021 Arlo Leach, all rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.