Accept credit cards for your business with your iPhone.
With a merchant services account and card reader from Chase and an iPhone, use Chase Mobile Checkout to accept payments on-the-go, virtually anywhere in the U.S., at any time.
Extend Your Business
• Be ready to take your customers’ payments when and where they are located.
• Take your business with you. Be able to process payments when you are away from your business, computer or credit card terminal.
• Allow additional employees to accept credit card payments on their iPhone.
Streamline Your Business
• Create a product catalog for easy checkout.
• Live, U.S. based, 24/7 telephone customer support.
• Have one payment processing relationship: Single statement, centralized reporting and one number to call for any issues.
• Customize your employees’ access.
Make It Easy For Your Customers
• Conduct faster transactions. If your customers are waiting in line, add an additional payment acceptance terminal with your iPhone.
• Bring the transaction to your customer. Allow your customers to pay anywhere in your store. Allow customers to pay for deliveries at the time of receipt.
• Send customers’ electronic receipts via email or text.
Help Protect Your Customers and Your Business
• Credit card information is encrypted at the time of the card swipe or insertion and during transmission and processing.
• Geo-location features allow you to determine the location of the transaction, which helps with dispute settlement. Location map is printed on receipt.
Take Your Business With You
• Easier reconciliation. View information about your Chase merchant services account from your iPhone.
• Search for individual transactions and review account activity.
• Process refunds and voids.
To process transactions, you must have a merchant services account with Chase, install the Chase Mobile Checkout app on your mobile device and use a mobile card reader from Chase. In order to pair your mobile device with the reader, it must meet minimum requirements of iOS 10.0 and Bluetooth® 4.0. Businesses are required to complete an application and agree to terms and conditions at the time of enrollment. All businesses are subject to credit approval. Merchant services are provided by Paymentech, LLC (“Chase”), a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
There is no charge to download this app, but depending on your merchant service account terms, there may be charges associated with the purchase and shipment of the card reader. When using the app, message and data rates may apply. Such charges include, but are not limited to, those from your communications service provider. In addition, all applicable processing fees outlined in the merchant services contract with Chase will be assessed for all transactions initiated through the app.
Transaction processing may be interrupted for various reasons, including service outages affecting your phone, wireless or Internet provider, technology failures, and system capacity limitations.
iPhone® is a registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
• Bug fixes and security enhancements
• Improved support for existing and future mPOS hardware
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not using it anymore.
I hated using this app because I always had to change my password, and they didn’t allow past ones or a thumbprint, so logging in was a pain, especially when I had to do a fast transaction. The card reader rarely connected and was glitchy, so I just typed in the card number. Not using them at all anymore though due to their fee hike.
Too outdated and inconvenient.
Chase has the best card processing rates I’ve found so far. But these savings do have a catch. Their online point of sale and app are severely outdated and inconvenient to use. Between the two I much prefer the online experience. It’s barebones and does get the job done. The app, however, is so frustratingly ugly and old I will not use it. Most people these days use Face ID, their fingerprint, or apps to save an original and secure password. You are unable to use Face ID, a fingerprint, or paste your password from a password vault. My guess is most people will create a more simple password to remember for convenience.
Aesthetically the app looks like it was designed for the original iPhone. The app is not updated for current displays and uses a very old style keyboard. This is a concern. If the app looks this old and lacks this many features I’m worried about the app’s security.
Use at your own risk.
AVOID chase - ready to become an almost ex chase customer
So I got an offer to open a savings and checking account with chase. I already have a credit card with them. All started off well being pretty easy to open the accounts. The problem came when trying to fund the account. They kept rejecting it (from my other verified account) and locking everything I had with them. Kept happening even after calling in multiple times. It’s like they don’t want customers. Writing this while on hold to close the savings and checking. Next will be the credit card. HELLO Capital One (hope they will be better than chase was)
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, NA
- 79.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. ©2012-2020, Paymentech, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.