Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone or Apple watch!
"Making the cloud-connected car a reality"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
With the release of its all-new 5th generation Directed SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including real time status via the updated dashboards, and control via your Apple watch!
- Add a Directed SmartStart GPS module to the Directed remote start or security system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. You can also locate your car, share its location with your friends or family, and get safety notifications if your Directed SmartStart-protected car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Directed SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get engine runtime and real time status on your choice of app dashboard. Get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, or check your fuel, battery, or odometer right in the app!
- All 4G LTE GPS modules come with a free 30-day GPS trial so you can check out the cool features right away, and there’s even an option for a year of free Basic service. Step up to Secure service to get 2-way control confirmations or add GPS or Small Fleet & Family for the ultimate in car control and monitoring along with extended warranty and theft protection.
The sleek, modern dashboards of Directed SmartStart 5.3 mobile app give you fingertip control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
Follow these three simple steps to get Directed SmartStart:
1) Download the free Directed SmartStart app
2) Get a SmartStart system installed in your vehicle
3) Set up your account, and start using your SmartStart system
Directed SmartStart also includes Directed Motor Club, providing convenient 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. Member roadside assistance is free with Secure or higher level service plans and pre-registration. Even if you don’t sign up, you can use the guest program for the same great service at a fixed cost.
- Real time status on your favorite dashboard! Check the remote start runtime or whether your doors are locked and more instantly just by opening the app! (digital systems only)
- Monitor the battery, odometer, and fuel level in the extended Status page (requires a digital system, some features may not be supported on all vehicles)
- Convenient widget for one-touch command execution without needing to open the app first
- Start, lock, unlock or locate your car using your Apple watch, or send other commands
- Receive alert notifications on your phone and Apple watch
- Four user-selectable dashboards and launch page settings – now you can customize the app for the way you use it
- Modern dashboard "swipe up to start" feature eliminates accidental remote start commands
- Map page integrates GPS and SmartPark features seamlessly – locate your vehicle, or track down where you parked
- Manage notifications: Each user can select how they want to receive alerts or other notifications. Choose from push alerts with custom sound effects, email, or SMS (SMS alerts may not be available outside North America)
Fixed login issues and other improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
When it works
When it works it’s great. Although there’s some things that could be improved on. Here’s one for example being able to program a schedule- It would be nice if you could schedule it to set the alarm after a certain time of inactivity away from your home or outside your selected range and/or at a set time of day would be nice.
The technology is already there it just needs to be coded and added to the program.
Stopped working after 3 years
First of all, don’t count on it! I made the mistake of leaving my keys in my car one time because I was planning on getting back in using the app. I was at the gym and I thought it would be convenient to not have to put a lock on my locker. Big mistake, because the app decided not to connect to my car at that time, I was stranded for hours until my mom was able to go to my house and get my spare keys. Fast forward 3 years - I brought my car into the shop after the app stopped working. I renewed my 3 year subscription and it connected to my car but wouldn’t start it (good thing I didn’t hold my breath waiting for a refund - as it’s been a year and I’m still covered for a system that they know will never work). Hundreds of dollars and 6 frustrating phone calls later with the guy working at the shop standing by at $80 an hour I found out that what they originally recommended that they do would not work. I needed to replace the old system with an updated one, a software update wouldn’t cut it. Why the first 5 people I spoke with wouldn’t know that baffles me. I would have been begrudgingly ok with going into the shop and replacing it if they told me that to begin with, but I had already taken time off work and had wasted hundreds of dollars. Bad customer service, and bad product for the long term.
I really like this app I just think that its time for a major update in design and functionality. I have friends that have Drone mobile devices installed in their cars. I really like the way that the app has been made. Also, my parents have the My Chevrolet app installed as well. I like it as well. One big thing I wish I could do in the app is to have A way to manually update the app. To know whether the car is running doors are locked in real-time. I would also like to have A button added to turn off the ignition. One last thing I would like to have added is a way to extend and decrease the run time on my car.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Directed Electronics, Inc.
- 202.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 VOXX•DEI LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.