Scan and OCR documents to produce high-quality images. Enter texts, fill forms, sign, draw, collage, and send.
Share as PDF / JPEG / TXT / Docx by email, FAX, SMB, Cloud Services, WebDAV, and iTunes / WiFi file sharing.
Transform your iPhone / iPad into a pocket scanner and photo collage maker.
Instantly scan multi-page documents and send them out on the go.
What DocScan can help you:
- Sign and email business contracts and fill forms on the road.
- Archive receipts and coupons.
- Convert notes, sketches, and business cards to digital copies.
- OCR / Recognize text from scanned images and export result as txt or docx files.
- Save books and articles for later reading.
- Create meeting minutes or memo from whiteboard discussion.
- Photo Collage: Combine multiple pages into one sheet. It's very useful when you need to print multiple pages (e.g. two sides of ID cards) on one A4/Letter paper.
- Scan QR codes from camera or photo albums to open URL, phone call, emails, and add contacts ...etc.
- Transfer all your documents from one device to another.
Experience Fast Scanning with High-quality Images:
- Fast Auto Detection: Detect document borders from a picture.
- Auto Capture document when it's detected.
- Correct perspective distortion: Advanced algorithms help you correct perspective distortion, while you can manually adjust the crop area. Makes even curled pages readable.
- Image Edit: Remove shadows and adjust the brightness to produce a high-quality image document, especially useful in a Low-Light environment.
- Text Edit: Enter texts to fill forms, highlight, annotate, or sign on the scanned image.
- File Naming Rules: Save your time to name new files in advnace. Create your own naming rules.
Protect Your Privacy:
- Password Protection: Set a password to protect your documents in a folder from unauthorized view.
Keep Track Of Your Documents:
- Search documents by name.
- Organize documents with folders: Use a Folder List to switch between folders quickly with a single tap.
- Create, merge, delete, duplicate, rename, move, import, and export documents.
Share and Export Your Scans:
- In-App Fax: Send and receive faxes when you are out of office or have no fax machine at all. Fax documents to over 100 countries instantly (price calculated by the number of pages and recipient country and paid via in-app purchase). Perfect for business or personal use. You will receive a push notification to remind you of a fax status: Whether it is sent or received successfully or failed to deliver.
- Support upload to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) option, SMB (Win / Mac), and WebDAV.
- Print documents via AirPrint.
- Export documents to Photo Albums.
- "Open In" Other Apps, i.e. iBooks, Kindle ...etc.
- Accessed directly from iTunes file sharing or WiFi file sharing.
- Email documents as PDF or JPEG files.
- Import JPEG from other apps as image source to crop, correct perspective, and enhance.
- Import PDF from other apps as scanned pages.
- Import PDF/JPEG from cloud storages.
Backup and Restore Documents: (paid function via in-app purchase)
- Backup your documents safely to Mac / PC. Whenever you buy a new phone or lose access to your old one, you will still be able to restore your files.
- Restore deleted documents manually in case you accidentally delete important documents.
- Restore to any date like a time machine. You can keep multiple backups on different dates.
Receive Faxes: (non-auto-renew subscription)
- Support dozens of countries (we kept adding more) for users to subscribe for a number to receive faxes.
- Block junk faxes from specific fax numbers or deny all faxes when no need to receive any fax.
Tip: For best border detection, please place your documents against a high contrast background, i.e. put your white paper on a dark table.
This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
corrects wrinkles & folds in paper
Love this app! I've been using it for a few years now. I've tried other apps that claim to be the best or fanciest or prettiest, etc. but I kept coming back to this app because it is the ONLY scanner app I've found that allows you to adjust not just the corners, but EDGES too! Very precise!
Suggestion for developers:
On your listing in the Apple Store, maybe you could feature a screenshot of what it looks like when you have the setting on lining up the edges and being able to move, add, or remove the editing dots on the edges to compensate for any curl/etc. I think this might help distinguish your app from all the others. They claim to fix docs, but they only let you tweak the corners. Yours can adjust the corners AND EDGES precisely.
Great, but *FAMILY SHARE USERS*
I LOVE this app. Five years ago, I got this app as a caregiver for my grandmother, needing to send medical papers to my mom & uncles. I needed a little more than emails, so I upgraded. Well worth the $4.99...it is THE BEST! I have given this app a couple of 5 star reviews, over the years, and have told everyone about this app!
My 9yo uses it constantly (by himsef), to send schoolwork to his OneDrive account. It’s driving me a little batty with my phone disappearing all the time, so I tried to upload on his device. It wouldn’t work; like I never upgraded. My daughter was in desperate need of it fast (they were needing it at the same time), to I went ahead and paid to upgrade hers. I emailed support and they said that Family Share is not supported if you upgrade in the app. Family Share is only usable if you purchase DocScan Pro, which is the same as upgrading within the app.
They did say that app store is the issue; that THEY don’t support family share through in the app upgrade purchase, but claime they will support in the future. IF that is true, I understand they don’t have control over it. But they should have it somewhere in the upgrade info, so that people have the option to back out and purchase the Pro version. I now have purchased the app twice and need a third. Safe to say I probably won’t be doing any more recommending and 5 star reviews :(
Developer Response ,
Recently Apple enabled the in-app purchase items for family sharing support so your family can share your in-app purchase items, too.
False Advertisement (misleading)
I have been using DocScan and needed to fax a document (I never use a fax for anything but this seemed faster than snail mail which were the two options I was given to submit some paperwork) so I scanned all my papers and then went to fax and put in all the info and then was told it would be $9.90 to fax?!?! Well it kept asking me to upgrade and it read that you could fax in this new “Pro” version. Okay so $5 seemed better to me than $10 so I upgraded it and went through the process again typing everything into the one screen where I was sending and then it again told me $9.90?!? So obviously where I read inside the app where it asked me to upgrade it did not say you still had to “pay per page” and I emailed the company and they basically said “we never said it was free fax...” ?!?! Personally I think just giving me my $5 back would have been better customer service given the misleading description that I’m sure will be promptly changed but bad business guys....
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IFUNPLAY CO., LTD.
- 200.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 IFUNPLAY CO,. LTD.
- In-App Purchases
- Fax Pack 1 $0.99
- Upgrade to DocScan Pro $4.99
- 1 Fax Credit $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.