FordPass offers the ability to manage your vehicle right from your phone:
• Send convenient remote commands – Lock, unlock, and start your vehicle using complimentary remote vehicle controls (1) – when equipped with FordPass® Connect (2)
• Electric vehicle ownership support – Monitor charging progress and use Departure Times to pre-condition your battery and cabin (3)
• FordPass feature availability varies by vehicle and country. Images shown for illustrative purposes only
(1) Remote lock/unlock requires power door locks. Remote starting requires automatic transmission.
(2) FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App and complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected service and features depend on compatible network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
(3) Effectiveness of cabin conditioning may be reduced by extreme outside temperatures.
• This update includes bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Just bought a new Ford Escape and this app complements it perfectly. Works every time and I use it multiple times daily. No errors or issues Alexa at home integration works 100% of the time too. Remote start schedules work perfectly too. I do wish I could adjust heat/ac within the app. Maybe it’s available on other vehicles and not my SEL trim level. We use Ford Pass to keep our vehicle running while we leave our Great Dane in the vehicle on warm and cold days. Auto climate control ensures it stays one temperature. Built in WiFi allows us to stream a multiple wireless cameras while it runs on auto start mode to monitor him while we are away from the vehicle. The one-touch button to add more run time to the remote start feature is slick. We take our dog everywhere so this is why we mention these features. We have a dog divider to keep him behind front seats, use child locks to keep him from opening back doors and FordPass locks out the ability for him to roll down windows. After starting FordPass we turn on the radio for him cause he’s spoiled and then lock it with the app, add time to auto start and walk away. I also got a notification in FordPass for a sensor fault and alarm went off notification which I thought was great as well. The sensor fault was due to 6” of snow on vehicle and the alarm notification was due to me exiting vehicle after using FordPass to remote start the suv. Neat stuff.
Works Great (Could be Improved)
The app works great to remote start your vehicle, lock/unlock doors, check mileage, oil life, tire pressure, and distance to empty. You can even schedule your vehicle to start at a certain time. The app provides easy access to Ford dealers and can even help summon road side service.
Some possible improvements: There is a lot of information available through the app, but it’s mostly generic. You have to sort through it to find what you need. In todays world, it would be so much better if the app would parse and tailor the information to your particular vehicle and its current mileage. Such as a list of services required at your next oil change, based on your mileage - not just what’s required for every vehicle at every mileage point. In addition, there is no way to check to see if your doors are locked. You must actually send a lock command each time you want to know if the doors are locked. Also, a panic button that sets off the horn and flashes the lights during an emergency. The app could also allow you access to a vehicle specific owners manual, giving you easy access to specifications like fluid types and levels, light bulb requirements, etc.
Get it together
Up until recently I would have given this app 5+ stars... it used to work perfectly every time. In the last month there have been “maintenance in progress” for days on end, depending on what guide you talk to, they don’t know what to say except what is on their script. Once in a while you’ll get someone who is actually knowledgeable and helpful. Or no one answers ( waited for 15 minutes before hanging up) , this in and of itself is unacceptable! Now in the last month it seems it takes forever for the app to load up, or it doesn’t recognize your log in, or it takes forever to start or it doesn’t start at all! I understand the need for maintenance and updates but this is getting ridiculous!! I’m very tech savvy and work as a sales consultant for Ford and I can tell you this is making us look bad especially when you tell your customer that it comes with remote start they can start from virtually anywhere. Now, they are upset because they miss their keyfob remote start because at least with that it was reliable. Customers are NOT happy about this. Get your act together because I know legitimately I know this is a great app when it works consistently! You want everyone to set up their FordPass account and start charging for the use the convenience of remote starting, locking, and unlocking, their vehicles but you can’t even keep the app working or respond promptly when your app is down!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ford Motor Company
- 302.1 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Ford Motor Company