Ditch the music cart. Get organized. Download and play something new in seconds. With forScore, the original sheet music reader for iOS, your scores have never been better—it’s everything you can do with paper and so much more. As seen in Apple retail stores worldwide!
On your music stand or on the go, it's the complete PDF sheet music reading experience that has wowed musicians all over the world for years:
• Copy PDFs from other apps like Safari and Mail
• Import scores from popular cloud storage services and content providers like Musicnotes.com
• Share scores and setlists with colleagues, whether or not they use forScore
• Add metadata to your scores for a perfectly browsable, instantly searchable library
• Create smart bookmarks to manage longer files containing multiple parts or pieces
• Group scores manually with Setlists to play through them from start to finish
• View full pages in portrait orientation and crop them to better fit your device's screen
• Turn your device sideways for bigger scrolling pages or view two pages side by side instead
• Use Reflow on smaller screens to lay out your music end-to-end like a horizontal teleprompter
• Enter annotation mode to draw with your finger, type text, or place common symbols onto the page
• Draw at any time with Apple Pencil for an incredibly natural and responsive, always-on annotation experience
• Separate your annotations into layers and show or hide them at any time
• Create links and buttons to handle repeats or perform common actions with a single tap
• Rearrange and duplicate pages of a score to play without jumping back and forth
• Connect your Bluetooth page turner for hands-free navigation
• Access integrated utilities like our metronome, pitch pipe, tuner, and piano keyboard
• Link tracks to scores to loop regions, adjust pitch, and even use them to record and play back your page turns
• Connect wirelessly to nearby devices and coordinate your page turns and program changes effortlessly
There's much more than those highlights, though, so be sure to visit forscore.co to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best!
Note: forScore also includes an optional, annual auto-renewing subscription called forScore Pro that offers additional features and content (visit forScore.co/pro for complete details). forScore Pro is a 1-year subscription that renews automatically until canceled. Should you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will then automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Complete terms of service are available on our website at: forScore.co/terms-of-service
This version includes various bug fixes and enhancements and no longer defaults to using newer variable width drawing techniques with Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon (visit forScore.co/news to learn more about this change and how to re-enable this feature, if desired).
Ratings and Reviews
A must have for professional musicians
Gone are the days of having big 3 ringed binders with several copies of manuscripts weighing down a stand. Or sheet music falling off a stand while you're trying to play it. The iPad and this app have revolutionized the way we practice and rehearse today. This app is simply amazing. I use it everyday. They really have thought of everything with this app and I have been thoroughly impressed by it. I have been using it for a good 2 years now. Features such as making set lists, annotations, categorizing by artist/composers/songs etc, share options directly from the app, creating backups of your organizations and being able to open attachments from the iOS mail app directly in this app make it simply amazing. I can't say enough about it because I would just continue to ramble.
To the developers of this app... We the musicians greatly appreciate you for creating something that makes our lives and careers easier. We thank you for creating something that's seamless, easy to use, has every feature we could want all while running smooth with little to no crashes. Thank you also for constantly keeping this app updated and adding additional features. I’m always learning something new with this software I didn’t already know it could do.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, it really means a lot to us!
The best Sheet Music Viewer hands down
I am a professional Trumpet player, and gone are the days of carrying 10 fake books, 5 band folders and stand lights. With a little time with a scanner, you can have your entire sheet music collection a couple clicks away. I play many different styles of music from Brass Band To Dixieland. I only need to take the official band folder home when I need to scan new music. If something comes up, I don’t have to feel guilty about the band not having the folder in my absence. I have my music sorted by “genres”, which is just one way to sort the very well thought out database. Everyone is just amazed at the way this works. ½ page turns allows you to see the next page while still seeing the bottom half staves of the current page. This avoids having to memorize the first few notes on the next page. Setting up D.C.’s and D.S.’s is easy with links that can be set up. For tricky repeats, you can duplicate pages and arrange them so that it becomes a hands free page turn with products like AirTurn etc. I’ll never go back to the old way again. Easily the best $15 I’ve ever spent on any app. Gigging musicians and piano bar players, this is a must have!!
Comments and Requests on Version 11
Thank you for an amazing app that makes my life as a college musician so much easier. Just a comment on the latest update, the immediate first thing that I noticed was that when I was using my apple pencil, the stroke was much thicker than It used to be. I think that the variable width curves are great however I like to add very finepoint notes in my music and the stroke is a little too thick compared to what it used to be. It would be nice to either make the thin much thinner, or make an option to turn the variable width option off so that we can get that finetip stroke if possible.
Also, is it possible to have an actual document scanner in the app that can crop the sheet music and upload straight to forScore? I keep having to use the Notes app, scan it, and then transfer to forScore.
One last request, when sorting the music, can we have a way to assign sheet music to a specific Genre, Composer, etc. instead of having to type them in exactly the same for each piece? Kind of like the way we add music to playlists on music apps. Thank you so much for your great work!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your comments! The drawing thickness can be adjusted by changing the "variable width" option in forScore's settings panel (it defaults to Medium but you can set it to Low or Off to reduce the effect). If you haven't done so already, please update to 11.0.1—we made some changes to this, in particular reducing tilt sensitivity that was skewing the average size of drawings.
As for your other questions, Apple limits our ability to respond here so it'll probably be easier for us to address them with you individually if you contact us by choosing Support from forScore's tools menu or by visiting forScore.co/support and using the contact form there. Thanks again!
- forScore, LLC
- 36.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 forScore, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Brahms: The Mutopia Collection Free
- Beethoven: The Mutopia Collection $0.99
- Bach: The Mutopia Collection $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.