Dieting is hard enough. But when you work hard, hop on the scale, and see a number that's higher than yesterday? Well, that's just not fair!
It's time to tame the scale!
Happy Scale helps you make sense of the frustrating ups and downs of weigh-ins by using mathematical analysis to make sense of your scale weights.
• understand your true trend,
• take the sting out of plateaus, and
• be able to predict what you’ll weigh for an upcoming event
• SEE YOUR TRUE PROGRESS: Happy Scale uses sophisticated math to learn the true trend of your progress. You can see what you're really losing each week.
• NO MORE PLATEAUS: Use the moving average progress tracking options to see steady progress every day!
• SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE: Have a lot to lose? Break your weight loss goal into small, incremental milestone goals so you can focus on short-term, achievable goals!
• THE PERFECT SUPPLEMENT: Use this app in conjunction with other popular apps. Weight entries can be automatically imported from apps that support exporting to the Apple Health app, and Happy Scale will export all your weights to Apple Health so other apps can see them.
• IMAGINE YOUR SUCCESS: See predictions about what you'll weigh in the future if you keep up your current trends, and set commitment goals for yourself!
• WORKS ON ALL YOUR DEVICES: Seamlessly sync between your iPhone and iPad!
So, have your previous diets failed because you lost motivation? Try Happy Scale today and join thousands of users who use this app to TAME THE SCALE!
This app optionally integrates with Apple Health. It is an opt-in feature that's accessible from the Settings menu.
If you purchase a monthly or yearly subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Your account will automatically be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription unless you disable auto-renew. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
• Widgets! Add "Recent Stats" or "Reports" widgets to your home screen!
• Alternative app icons! A color for everyone :-)
• Vibrant P3 color support!
• Trend spinners will not animate negative progress
• Typo verification if a weight is drastically different
• Minor drawing glitch on Reports tab
• Localization issue on Japanese & Chinese weight chart
• Weight chart share sheet sizing on iPad
• Only ask about a fresh start if it's not the first entry
• Rare weight chart image export drawing glitch
• Rare milestone animation drawing glitch
Ratings and Reviews
This is the most encouraging, motivating tracker I’ve used!
Nearly a decade ago, I lost 40 lbs over the course of a year through food tracking and using a pedometer. Then I had two babies, my weight climbed, and with my childbearing years behind me I wanted to get serious about losing the excess weight once again. Last time I did this, I tracked daily weights for data gathering, but found it so hard to trust in the general trend when the number on the scale jumped around by as much as 5 pounds day to day, and sometimes seemed just stalled on a certain number. I remember how discouraging it would feel some days, and I needed extra willpower not to sabotage my progress and self soothe with pints of ice cream. This time around, I started my fitness journey with confidence in my ability to do this because I did it once before, but I really wanted to find a weight tracking app that would tell me more about the real time movement of my trend based on the data points I fed in. Happy Scale is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I love this app! It really takes the sting out of fluctuating daily weigh ins, and keeps me feeling motivated and in control of my journey. Highly recommend this app. Well worth paying for the premium features. I’m 20 lbs down since the COVID pandemic hit, and hoping to be at my goal weight of 150 by the end of the calendar year 2020. Thank you, Happy Scale!
One of my favorite apps
I’ve struggled with weight my entire adult life, and I love having data, so this app is pretty much perfect for me. Seeing the normalized trend, the rates, and various ways of projecting out into the future is incredibly reassuring and insightful. I can’t give this app high enough praise!
If I could ask for one feature request, it would be a way to mark a date as a breakpoint in the trend. For example, I went on a week-long trip and by the scale weight I gained six pounds (it was AWESOME). I’d love to be able to not normalize across that range of time, and instead set the beginning of the trip, meaning the last date of regular weigh-ins, as the end of a trend line and start a new one upon returning. This would make it easier to appreciate the different phases of weight change overtime, or to see more discretely how a change in diet or regimen effects weight.
Another example: I recently started intermittent fasting and my weight trend is very different. I’d love to be able to pin that date and the moving average trend leading up to it, because now my prior moving averages are all sliding down and I can’t see a clean break in the moving average where I started IF. The scale weight tells the story well, but the moving average smooths it out too well.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestions! I think it would make a lot of sense to add something like that someday. Greetings from a fellow IFer. - Russ
Best weight tracking app on the market
This has been the most influential weight loss app I think I’ve ever used! I lost ~50 lbs while using it, and while of course the app isn’t completely responsible it played a huge role. One of my big hang ups with weight loss is that when I see that I have gained weight, I get discouraged, even though we have completely normal fluctuations everyday and so many factors can contribute at any given moment (food weight, water retention, hormones, etc.). Happy scale let’s you see past that, and see that despite a slight increase on the scale you are still on track, which keeps me encouraged to keep going.
The only thing preventing me from giving this app a 5 star rating is what happens once you’ve reached your goal weight. I have now reached my goal weight, and use happy scale to make sure I am on track with maintaining. However, even if you are below your goal weight, if you lose weight the app tells you your trends have “improved” and that you have “made progress”. This is a very bad mindset, and encourages disordered habits. If I lose more weight I will be underweight! That should not be encouraged.
If the developers could find a way to make this language more neutral, I would happily change my rating to a 5 star (and even without would still give it 4.5 if given the option!).
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Front Pocket Software LLC
- 43.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Front Pocket Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Happy Scale Premium (Lifetime) $31.99
- Happy Scale Premium (Monthly) $1.99
- Happy Scale Premium (Yearly) $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.