Are you curious about what Van Gogh’s Starry Night looks like up close? Have you ever toured the ancient Maya temples or met the inspirational figures of Black history? Do you want to learn about Japan’s unique food culture or incredible Indian railways?
Google Arts & Culture puts the treasures, stories and knowledge of over 2,000 cultural institutions from 80 countries at your fingertips. From the suffragettes who fought for women’s rights, to performing arts at the Paris Opera, to NASA’s archive of stunning images, discover stories about our cultural heritage. It’s your doorway to explore the art, history, people and wonders of our world.
• Art Transfer – Take a photo and transform it with classic artworks
• Art Selfie – Discover portraits that look like you
• Color Palette – Find art by using the colors of your photo
• Art Projector – See how artworks look in real size
• Pocket Gallery – Wander through immersive galleries and get up close to art
• Art Camera – Explore high-definition artworks
• 360° videos – Experience culture in 360 degrees
• Virtual reality tours – Step inside world-class museums
• Street View – Tour famous sites and landmarks
• Explore by time and color – Travel through time and see the rainbow through art
• Art Recogniser – Point your device camera at artworks to learn more about them, even when offline (at select museums only)
• Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
• Favorites – Save and group your favorite artworks into galleries to share with friends or students
• Nearby – Find museums and exhibitions near you
• Notifications – Subscribe to receive weekly highlights or favorite content updates
• Translate – Use the translate button to read about exhibits from around the world in your language
• Location: used to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
• Camera: used to recognize artworks and provide related information about them
• Art Filter — The most famous pearl earring, a Samurai helmet, an iconic Van Gogh self-portrait and more: try on new filters based on artifacts from museums by tapping the camera icon.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Google Arts and Culture
The Google Arts and Culture application is the type of application people who are curious about the cultures of the world dream of. To start off the design is in balance with a clear color background and minimal text regarding categories and article titles. Users can easily navigate the main sections of the app from the bottom tab. The app can also be used in various ways whether consuming information from the content provided which ranges from classical artworks articles on historical figures, science as well as a range of other topics. The app can be used to create content by way of galleries the user constructs. The app can even be seen as a observational lens through use of Virtual Reality and Selfies. A short review can’t do this application justice. It is well worth a download just for the ability to enrich your imagination.
Selfie option DOES work!
I'm not sure why people are writing reviews, saying that the selfie option doesn't work, because it worked perfectly fine for me. It took me two seconds to scroll down the home page, find the selfie option, read about how it is new and experimental, take a selfie, and find pieces that resembled me. Maybe it only works on certain devices, but as the owner of an iPhone 6, I assure you, the selfie option works phenomenally. Also, there are countless informational texts and articles regarding art(ists). This app is amazing and I 10/10 recommend!
Needs a lot of work
Excellent app in theory however the programming needs a lot of work. Very poor in app functionality such as moving smoothly between images and back to previous menu pages, landscape view is off, when zooming into images you are then unable to continue scrolling to next image without first returning to previous page. Also, many artist pieces are missing. I scrolled through all of the Surrealism pieces looking for Salvador Dali and did not find a single piece by him. Then when I go to Dali’s page on your app, there are barely any of most famous pieces. That is the case for many artists offered on this app. Another example would be Hieronymous Bosch. If these things were all corrected, you would have an excellent app and I will happily change my rating.
- Google LLC
- 119.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Google, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.