From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Commercial Appeal app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.commercialappeal.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We've included some bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love The Jackson Sun Section
I love the convenience of the app when traveling. Thanks for adding The Jackson Sun. I subscribe to both print and media editions (since the beginning of time). I do wonder why the sections do not match, headlines are different, and it seems to take forever to find my favorite "columnist/opinion" writer "Jain." When I was teaching, "Newspaper in the Classroom" was a great resource for my students. I could always use it for grammar, punctuation, writing style, and proofreading.
trying to cancel subscription
Like many long time subscribers, I am canceling my subscription to the CA - if I can ever reach anyone in Customer Service. The quality of the paper has gone down since Gannett took over, and now there are other local options for better news reporting - The Daily Memphian which is new and the Memphis Flyer and local business journals which have been around a longer time.
Back Yard Burger Ad kills the ap
I read the CA and Tennessean on my IPhone. For the last two weeks or so, the Back Yard Burger advertisement has been popping up and won’t allow the user to scroll away or close the ap. It’s the most intrusive advertising I’ve experienced. If it’s not fixed soon, I’m going to cancel my subscription. I’ve already sent an email to the designer, but didn’t get a response. In its current status the ap is useless and a waste of money.
- 287.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Commercial Appeal Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.