The first major battle of the Civil War was fought in Georgia, from September the 18th-20th 1863. The Battle of Chickamauga was the most significant Union defeat in the western theatre and had the second highest number of casualties of any civil war battle, after the Battle of Gettysburg. The army of the Cumberland under Major General William Rosecrans engaged the Confederate Army of Tennessee under General Braxton Bragg.
In early September Rosecrans had forced Bragg's army out of Chattanooga and was following them south. Bragg in an attempt to reoccupy Chattanooga decided to meet a part of Rosecrans army and defeat them, allowing him to move back into the city. On the way north he ran into the Union army.
This game consists of a number of missions, each of which, tackles a key part of the overall battle. The 'Battle of Chickamauga' mission is a refight of the whole battle in a single game. As the total battle was fought over a vast area this final mission is at a different scale than the more detailed individual actions.
‘Chickamauga Battles’ consists of;
● 7 mission ‘Tutorial’ campaign, played as the Union.
● 4 mission ‘Opening Shots’ Campaign. Key events from action on 19th September.
● 4 mission ‘Engagement’ Campaign. More key events from action on 19th September.
● With the exception of the tutorial all missions can be played as either side.
‘In-App‘ purchases are available
● 4 mission ‘Deadlock’ Campaign. Key events from action on 20th September.
● 4 mission ‘Twilight’ Campaign. More key events from action on 20th September.
● A single mission ‘The Battle of Chickamauga’. A large-scale mission to refight the whole battle.
A unit image for the wrong side may appear after mounting/dismounting some cavalry units.
Fix: Some sound effects not playing following the last update.
Ratings and Reviews
Campaign Game is a mess.
The Campaign game of Chickamauga is terrible. There is no indication of the passage of time. Units are always well supplied. No night turns. And no cavalry. The battle does not begin on the 18th like it really did. There is no veteran rating for forces. And I’ve played as many as 30 turns and Longstreet has not arrived. Terribly disappointing.
NO BATTLE SOUND JUST MUSIC
Wow this isn't up to par with their other civil war games. For starters, I just paid the 2.99 and there's NO SOUND! Will be requesting a refund tomorrow.
Here’s a idea and this is a good one, how about u make a game on the Texas Revolution it would be good since it would be deferent then the Napoleonic wars and civil war games u make.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 284.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2020 HexWar Games Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- The Battle of Chickamauga $1.99
- 'Deadlock' Campaign $1.99
- 'Twilight' Campaign $1.99