EQ550b based on Classic American EQ from the late '60s.
EQ550b AUv3 plug-in — comes as time-limited Demo-version for you to try. It gives you 5 minutes of Free play time. (You can reload the EQ550b AUv3 plug-in as many times as you want, thereby you get the Demo period again and again.) Unlimited version of EQ550b AUv3 plug-in comes as In-App Purchase.
Based on Classic American EQ from the late '60s, the EQ550b is a continuation of the EQ that played a major role in the history of music recording, but with an additional filter band and several new frequencies. With a surprisingly wide range of tonal variations, the EQ550b is an invaluable and professional audio tool with great flexibility and excellent sonic ability.
• Standalone and AUv3 plug-in;
• Precise port of Rack Extensions plug-in;
• Modeled vintage EQ;
• Four bands of classic American equalization;
• Each band offers seven selected frequency centers;
• 15 dB of boost/cut per band;
• EQ band 1 and 4 offer shelf/peak switching;
• Proportional Q narrows filter Q at extremes;
• Stereo (Mono), Mid or Side EQ modes;
• 2x/4x/8x Upsampling.
Rather than offer a huge assortment of complex features, the EQ550b provides exactly the right number of controls. Its four EQ bands are overlapped significantly to aid in dual roles as problem solver and sweetening device with each band offering seven switchable filter frequencies that span four-to-five octaves. These frequencies, purposely selected to be musical rather than numeric.
Making use of Proportional Q intuitively widens the filter bandwidth at minimal settings and narrows it at higher settings without the need for additional bandwidth controls. This unique feature minimizes the «phase-shift» sound found in many equalizers.
The EQ550b extends the features of the original hardware and joins the flexibility of the digital world to the character of the analog processing. Allows you to choose between equalizer modes (Stereo, Mid, Side) and remove analogue saturation from the processing circuit to deliver pure digital sound.
To use EQ550b as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like GarageBand, Auria, AUM, Cubasis and more — EQ550b will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Implemented redesigned Toolbar;
- Implemented Undo/Redo functionality;
- Implemented A/B functionality;
- Implemented 2x/4x/8x-oversampling feature;
- Optimized GUI memory consumption;
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
All RSS apps are awesome!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RRS, OOO
- 24.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Red Rock Sound, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- RRS EQ550b Unlimited $4.99