Comp 609 recreates sound of the hardware compressor from '70s. This dynamics processor packs a recognizable musical punch heard on countless records around the world.
Comp 609 AUv3 plug-in — comes as time-limited Demo-version for you to try. It gives you 5 minutes of Free play time. (You can reload the Comp 609 AUv3 plug-in as many times as you want, thereby you get the Demo period again and again.) Unlimited version of Comp 609 AUv3 plug-in comes as In-App Purchase.
• 6 Attack, 9 Recovery (Release) and 5 Ratio selections;
• External Sidechain and Sidechain signal High-pass filter;
• 6 operation modes: M/S, Mid-channel, Side-channel, Mono with Right-channel as Sidechain signal, 2-Mono, linked Stereo (or Mono);
• Parallel compression;
• 8x Oversampling and 64-bit floating point processing.
• Threshold determines how much compression will occur. When the input signal exceeds the Threshold level, the compressor engages. A smaller value results in more compression. The available range is from -20 dBu to +12 dBu;
• Attack determines how fast limiting will engage when the signal exceeds the limiter Threshold. The available values is from 1 to 6;
• Recovery (Release) is the time it takes for the compressor to stop processing after the signal drops below the Threshold value. The available values are 40, 80, 100, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 ms;
• Ratio — this control determines the compressor ratio. The available values are 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 and 6:1;
• Sat. On — this toggle switch enables the Analog Saturation. The saturation has no effect unless this switch is in the «On» (down) position.
• SC-Filter — the Sidechain Filter controls the cutoff frequency of a low-cut filter on the compressor control signal Sidechain. The available range is 30 Hz to 240 Hz and Off;
• Input Gain controls the signal input level to the plug-in;
• The Makeup control increases the signal level out of the compressor to compensate for reduced levels as a result of compression. The available range is -20 dB to +20 dB. The Makeup control does not affect the amount of compression;
• Mix — the output balance between the signal processed by the plug-in and the original dry source signal can be adjusted with the Mix control. Mix facilitates parallel compression techniques without having to create additional routings in the DAW;
• Comp. In — this toggle switch enables the compressor. The compressor has no effect unless this switch is in the «In» (down) position.
• Mode — compressor can operate in six modes: M/S, Mid-channel, Side-channel, Mono with Right-channel as Sidechain signal, 2-Mono, linked Stereo (or Mono). This switch determines the active mode.
To use Comp 609 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like GarageBand, Auria, AUM, Cubasis and more — Comp 609 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Fixed plug-in state save/restore bug on iPadOS 14.
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad at all
Good stuff you guys are making
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RRS, OOO
- 20 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Red Rock Sound, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- RRS Comp 609 Unlimited $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.