Red Rock Sound CL1 compressor has distinctive sound allowing its usage not only for technical purpose of dynamic range compression but also for artistic sound coloration.
RRS CL1 AUv3 plug-in — comes as time-limited Demo-version for you to try. It gives you 5 minutes of Free play time. (You can reload the CL1 AUv3 plug-in as many times as you want, thereby you get the Demo period again and again.) Unlimited version of CL1 AUv3 plug-in comes as In-App Purchase.
CL1 is stereo and mono audio signal dynamic range compressor. CL1 compressor has distinctive sound allowing its usage not only for technical purpose of dynamic range compression but also for artistic sound coloration, which happens due to usage of saturation with even harmonics, dithering that gives effect of «air» and oversampling with non-linear phase response that gives effect of «depth».
CL1 compressor besides main dynamic range compression module also contains limiting module («limiter»), which allows controlling peaks passing through the compressor, mid-range equalizer module doing ISO-226 curves equalization and input signal or gain reduction VU-meter with lamp indicator for limiter operation control. CL1 compressor has adjustable high-pass filter for side-chain signal, also supports «parallel» compression and M/S operational mode.
• Two different attack modes: «fast» and «slow»;
• Softness of compressor characteristics control;
• 6 operation modes: double mono, mono with external side-chain signal, mid channel, side channel, M/S, linked stereo;
• Mid-range equalizer and Side-chain signal high-pass filter;
• Pre- or Post-Limiter;
• Attack and Release times multiplier;
• Internal Dithering;
• Parallel compression;
• 8x oversampling and 64-bit floating point processing;
• External Side-chain.
• A/B comparison;
• 2x/4x/8x Upsampling;
• Scalable GUI.
• In «Fast» mode when control signal reaches Threshold the compressor immediately and very fast starts to lower the signal level slowing down by exponential law;
• In «Slow» mode the compressor in the same situation starts gain reduction very slowly thus most attack of the signal passes through.
• The built-in mid-frequencies equalizer is based on mid-frequency range equal loudness curves design and can be used as another tool to position instruments, with ability to highlight backside elements or to add a bit density to frontal elements and move them back at the same time.
CL1 developed on the basis of «МОЛОТ» compressor by Vladislav Goncharov.
To use CL1 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like GarageBand, Auria, AUM, Cubasis and more — CL1 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Implemented GUI Scale on Pinch feature.
Ratings and Reviews
Company should be way more popular
Don’t really know why this plugin company isn’t more popular than it is. The plugins sound excellent! I’m using them in GarageBand iOS. I bought several and do not regret it at all. They are true to the hardware they are emulating, and they have a very 3D/expensive quality to them in terms of sound. 5 stars!
I sincerely wish iOS could truly admire this Class A Grade true analog monster!
Read the title. This is divinity. On behalf of the iOS platform, we sincerely pay our deepest respect, dear developer.
F the hater’s
I never do ratings but man stand up for RRS. People who know, knows how great it is to have these apps on iPad. Please never stop updating and making more fire apps!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RRS, OOO
- 26.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Red Rock Sound, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- RRS CL1 Unlimited $4.99