Weather your way. Face any severe weather this fall and winter with our new widget, live radar maps, and accurate storm and snow trackers from The Weather Channel, the world's leading weather provider.*
Stay up to date and prepared no matter the weather with our live radar, weather maps and accurate forecasts. You can also manage personal weather alerts, so you receive notifications that are important to you. Plus, we’ve got a whole range of useful weather features for you to plan ahead with confidence.
The Weather Channel - Our Top 3 Features
1. Our smart widget offers more weather detail at a glance, and one-tap access to the world's most accurate forecast. Check your local radar, get severe weather alerts in your area, and discover the forecast for the next 3 hours straight from your homescreen.
2. Plan your outings up to two weeks in advance: Plan ahead thanks to our Feels Like feature, local hourly & daily forecasts, and our Real-Time Rain alerts.
3. Current conditions at a glance: get weather data that’s relevant where you are. You can find local maps and forecasts on your homescreen, and breaking news videos with closed captioning!
Our app is Dark Mode compatible - turn on Dark Mode on your Apple device for a great viewing experience.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Our Real-Time Rain notifications will help you plan for the day with confidence. Find the live radar directly on your home screen, so you know in a second whether to pack a light or waterproof jacket!
• Want to enjoy a summer walk or run? Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies, pollen forecasts and much more.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay prepared during extreme weather events and earthquakes. We’ll send you live alerts, so you’ll always be aware.
• Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
Upgrade to Premium Pro for exclusive access to premium features:
• Premium Pro radar: The clearest way to visualize rain’s potential impact on your precise location, now with 24-hr future radar
• Ad Free: Remove all ads from your weather experience
• Extended Hourly: See 192 hours into the future, with 14 days of detailed forecast
• And more!
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
The Weather Company is the world’s most accurate forecaster, according to the most recent, comprehensive study available (2010-2017) from Forecast Watch https://www.forecastwatch.com/static/Three_Region_Accuracy_Overview_2010-2017.pdf
*The World's Leading Weather Provider: Apps from The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, are the most used weather apps worldwide based on average monthly active users via smartphone in 2019. Comscore Mobile Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information –Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2019 avg.
App Annie: The Weather Channel app combined had over 50 million monthly active users worldwide each month from January through December 2019, over 2M total 5 star ratings and was downloaded 155 million times.
Thanks for using The Weather Channel app! We are constantly working to add new features and improve your app experience. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My favorite app
I used to rely on the standard Apple weather app that is pre-installed on the iPhone to receive all my forecast knowledge. I had been using it for years to check the weather and daily temp until one day my mother told me to check the radar... what radar? “The radar on the weather channel app,” she replied.
As soon as I downloaded this app my life changed. View the radar when storms are coming, videos about current weather and environment news, warning and watch notifications for changes in weather... it’s amazing! Somehow your friends always think you’re smarter when you know the weather. Thanks, weather channel app, for always telling me when it’s going to rain, you’ve saved a few ruined bonfires! Plus it tells you what time down to the minute it will start raining... and it’s always pretty accurate!
All in all, this app is pretty great. It’s like the weather app of my dreams I didn’t know was the weather app of my dreams until I had it. Through everything the app has always been there for me, telling me an accurate forecast and alerting me with weather notifications. Sometimes getting notifications from the weather channel app is even better than getting a text from my boyfriend. The weather channel app is easily my favorite app. Trusty, reliable, and always tells you the weather. No strings attached!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Have a great summer.
Weather Channel App Great Tool for Travel
My wife and I having to travel throughout the state of Texas, occasionally with our children,results in many changes and fluctuations in the weather. We can be in central Texas in San Antonio with high temperatures and strong wind (allergens: dust & pollen) will change dramatically as we venture into East Texas surrounding Houston with lower temperatures, but with a major increase in relative humidity and the dew point (allergens: mold and grasses). Having a family with a variety of allergies, compounded with the need to stay vigilant about the novel Coronavirus(CoVid-19), can leave some of us concerned for our health if we do not prepare for the changing weather.
Another major advantage in having The Weather Channel are the weather alerts warning us of severe weather. We have on several occasions received alerts/bulletins on severe weather outside of our region but within areas where we have family that are elderly. We were able to call them and advise them to take the necessary precautions. This has been a Godsend.
The ability to see up-to-date forecasts of any city or region on The Weather Channel allows us to plan specific activities and outings, while taking the necessary precautions. All this and so much more conveniently located at the touch of a button on a single site - The Weather Channel!
The Medina Family 😇
Let’s go back in Time
I own a manufacturing business in the South. Since we work in a mostly open warehouse the weather is very important there was a time when y’all had sections of importance. Videos: At one time the primary videos offered were segments of weather throughout the country. i . e. Northeast, southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and Northwest. Now it’s a melange of Weather top story, then somewhat insignificant stories with background music and subtitles of stories not necessarily pertinent to U.S weather on a daily basis. It seems you have to forage through the pooo to get what your looking for. There was also monthly data that showed averages for one’s area and where we are compared to the average on a rolling average. That’s completely gone. Nowadays it’s the basic local facts and sensationalism. I’m afraid that you don’t know how to get it back. Lastly, I find it interesting that your posting a 4.6 average when the Lions share of comments are negative. Himmmm Math channel?
Update; I had to correct my score. I originally gave it 2 Stars. Once it showed up it was 4 stars. Very interesting, maybe it answers my score question. So now I gave it a 1. If you see any more than 1 star? It wasn’t me.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Weather Channel
- 217.4 MB
Requires iOS 14.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2021 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- The Weather Channel Premium $9.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $0.99
- Premium Pro Annual $29.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.