WXYZ 7 Action News in Detroit delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and alerts throughout the day.
When you open our app, you'll know what's going on right now and what's important to your local area.
We've improved the experience with an intuitive layout and simplified navigation. News, weather and video are just a tap away.
Our favorite feature is the weather section. Not only do we deliver hourly and daily forecasts, we give you the most updated severe weather information in an instant.
• Breaking news alerts and stories
• Live streaming video
• Fast and easy to use
• Hourly and daily weather forecasts from your trusted local weather team
• We are excited to offer a Premium ad-free experience for purchase within the app for $1.99/month or $10.99/year for iPhone and iPad devices only (Apple TV not included). The subscription removes all in-app ads, including pre-roll video. Linked content displayed in a web-view is not included. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We're committed to continually improving our user experience, so please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in version 6.30:
• Added ability to pinch and zoom in on images in news stories.
• Additional performance improvements to give you an improved news experience on iOS 13.
• Note: This is an OS upgrade to iOS 13, and this app update only supports iOS 13 and iOS 12.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best news app
We spend our winters in Florida and the channel 7 news app goes right with us. I can know what's going on at home, both with the weather and news - it is the best news app around and I always know what's happening at home! I do wish the videos aren’t at the beginning as there’s times I just want to read the article.
They have started sending notifications for a special update/story and then when you open the app, there’s nothing there on that “important” notification !!
Thank you guys for finally adding a location option for While Using! I had it disabled because it drained my battery because it was always or never. It's not really necessary to use it unless the app is open, so thanks for realizing that!
Too much down time
While we have always loved the morning news, weather, and traffic from Channel 7, when we use the app, there is too much down time. When you try to open the "live" news, get ready to endure a 30 second commercial and maybe you get the live feed. There is no feed during the commercial breaks unless it is a local vendor. You may wait almost fifteen minutes until any news comes back. Try another station, you may have better luck.
Thanks WXYZ for helping realize how much news one gets during a broadcast compared to how much time is spent on commercials.
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 38.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The E.W. Scripps Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription - Monthly $1.99
- Premium Subscription - Annual $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.