WPTV NewsChannel 5 in West Palm Beach delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and alerts throughout the day.
When you open our app, you'll know what's going on right now and what's important to your local area.
We've improved the experience with an intuitive layout and simplified navigation. News, weather and video are just a tap away.
Our favorite feature is the weather section. Not only do we deliver hourly and daily forecasts, we give you the most updated severe weather information in an instant.
• Breaking news alerts and stories
• Live streaming video
• Fast and easy to use
• Hourly and daily weather forecasts from your trusted local weather team
• We are excited to offer a Premium ad-free experience for purchase within the app for $1.99/month or $10.99/year for iPhone and iPad devices only. The subscription removes all in-app ads, including pre-roll video. Linked content displayed in a web-view is not included. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We're committed to continually improving our user experience, so please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Thanks for supporting local journalism! This release includes minor bug fixes and performance improvements to improve your overall news experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Good News Ap
We follow the station locally for news and weather information. The app is similar to the actual TV station, meaning it is predictably good. The app loads quickly and has the basic information I need for news and weather.
If you follow what is going on in Palm Beach county, the WPTV app is a trusted source that does not have some of the sensationalism other outlets have. The app consistently works well.
I Hate Wasted Time
This app purports to have an "over-the-air" feature where you can access broadcast content in real time. That's also what was said in the promo which aired many times on the lead up to Hurricane Irma. Part of the pitch was that if you download the app you can watch on a personal device even after the power goes out.
On opening it you are, in fact, presented with a YouTube-style video interface which says something like "WATCH LIVE." This is complete bunk! When the video finally loaded what we saw was from four hours earlier (per WPTV's own time display at the screen's bottom right). What's more there was no slider to advance or rewind the video.
I tried it again this morning when there were no threatening conditions and much less demand, one would think. Same results, except now the delay was over twelve hours! Full disclosure - No other station has anything better to offer.
What really burns me is how all these stations represent themselves as the most up-to-date, tech savvy operation in the market, when in fact even the engineers and IT guys are every bit as amateurish as the beginner reporters they foist on us.
Do not waste your time! Especially when it really counts. Like in the teeth of a bad storm.
Use every day
We use this app every day for local news and weather, and traffic updates. One confusing thing is why the top story re: local weather forecast never matches forecast in the actual weather section. Shouldn’t it be the same info? Other than this, very useful local information. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
There was an issue with a previous version of the app on iPhones when a user had both "zoom" enabled and their font size set to the largest setting. We have since released an updated version of the app that we believe corrected this issue. If you are still experiencing this issue, would you be willing to uninstall and reinstall the app and see if that takes care of the problem that you're having? If you are still having this problem or any other problem, please go to the "settings" within the app and then "submit feedback" and one of our Digital Support Specialist will be happy to help resolve any issues you're experiencing.
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 36.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The E.W. Scripps Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription - Monthly $1.99
- Premium Subscription - Annual $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.