The BandHelper app works with your BandHelper account to share info with your bandmates, streamline your management duties and power your live show.
ALL THE INFO YOUR BAND NEEDS TO SHARE
Load your BandHelper account with your songs, set lists, lyrics, chord charts, reference recordings, videos, notes, events and contact info and they appear on all of your bandmates' mobile devices automatically. If inspiration strikes during a rehearsal, make a quick recording in the app and that will be synced, too. With this info at everyone's fingertips, you'll spend less time remembering what you talked about at the last rehearsal and more time becoming a better band.
YOUR COMMAND CENTER ON STAGE
BandHelper is as useful on stage as it is in the practice room. Auto-scroll lyrics, play backing tracks and click tracks through separate audio ports or inter-app audio, and configure MIDI-compatible sound and lighting equipment as you move from song to song. You can control BandHelper with MIDI or Bluetooth footswitches, and link your bandmates' devices for screen sharing or remote control on stage.
TIME-SAVING FEATURES FOR BAND LEADERS
Scheduling gigs is a snap with BandHelper's automated email messages to ask your bandmates' availability, send updates if the details of a gig change, and send reminders before the gig. You can set up checklists to help promote or pack for a gig, and build stage plots with a drag-and-drop interface. And splitting the money after a gig is easy with BandHelper's features to track income and expenses and calculate each band member's share of the profit.
MOBILE, WEB AND WATCH INTERFACES
Besides its native mobile apps, BandHelper includes a web interface for efficient data entry, and an Apple Watch app for quick access on the go. You can update your band's data from any device connected to your account, and BandHelper will sync it to all the others automatically.
Join thousands of bands around the world who have gotten more organized with BandHelper!
*** If you have a problem or a suggestion, please contact me before writing a bad review. I can't troubleshoot problems through the review system, but I respond promptly to all help tickets and posts in my support forum. ***
- Fixed the reading of MIDI messages other than program and control changes when using MIDI Learn.
- Sped up the selection of a project from the Accounts list.
- Updated the Previous Page remote control action to go to the start of the current page instead of the start of the previous page if you have manually to the middle of a page
- When viewing lyrics without markers, updated the Previous Page and Next Page remote control actions to go to the same positions in the lyrics even if you scroll to other positions between these actions.
- Fixed a crash when copying a smart list.
- Fixed problems recording and clearing automation tracks on iPhones or iPods running iOS 12 or older.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, great support, love it...
After carrying around binders of music for years in our 5 piece band, I decided last year to try a digital approach. My band mates were afraid at first and two of them continued to use binders. After a few months of seeing how easy and convenient my setup was (and realize how nice it is to have back lit music in a dark bar) they made the switch and we have not looked back. I am continually learning how to do new things with this app that push me further into automation (which, as a control freak guitarist scares me, but also allows me to focus on performing and less on nonsense). I should have made the switch years ago and I very much so appreciate this app. There is a yearly subscription fee to use the app, but once you realize you can bring a guitar and all the music you have ever learned in one guitar bag, you won’t mind. Plus, the developer is making constant improvements so I think of it more as an investment than a fee. Don’t listen to the negative comments. There is a little learning curve, as with anything, but invest the time off stage so that you can focus on the music on stage.
Great app for guitarists
I love this app because of three important benefits:
1) Split screen option which allows you to see the set list on one side along with the chord sheet on the other.
2) Custom fields. Because I use up to four different presets on a song, I needed an app that can store the bank and preset number for each preset used for each song. BandHelper allows you to create a seemingly unlimited number of custom fields for each song - no more need to rely on an excel spreadsheet that shows the presets needed for each song.
3) Very flexible display options: pick what fields you want shown on the main display for a song chart as well as on the set list. When you create a custom field, it automatically creates two additional versions of the field corresponding to the next song in the set list and the one after that. So on the display for a particular song, it can show the bank and preset for the next song coming up, the title of the the next song, the key, etc. — very cool!
I used it on a gig for the first time last week, with a Donner tablet page turner footpedal, and the combination worked flawlessly.
Best Out There
I absolutely love this app. Great functionality and purpose. Easy to create set lists on the web with easier typing and stuff, then sync it to the app. Make one list— every band member gets it. I like the fact you can customize your particular info that pops up for the set list and doesn’t affect the others. I can display my drum charts with my set list in split screen while the other guys can display chord charts and things they need. Works really well on my iPad Pro. Big writing and buttons. I also have it connected via Bluetooth to my iRig page turner to advance to the next song and turn my metronome on/off. I have the Pro version of this app for schedules, stage plots, contacts, and financials. It really comes in handy, especially the “contacts” feature. You can save venue info for later use. You can use the app with MULTIPLE accounts (handy for hired gun musicians), make several different “repertoires,” set lists, etc. I LOVE THIS APP!!!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Arlo Leach
- 75.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2013-2021 Arlo Leach, all rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.