The C-MAP® App is your perfect companion on Mobile, Tablet or PC, planning at home or navigating on the water. With the best, latest C-MAP charts – all in a free download, with online viewer. Highly accurate weather data, with full planning and navigation including Autorouting™, Tracks, Waypoints and thousands of Points of Interest.
The C-MAP App includes:
- FREE Chart Viewer – always access the most up-to-date C-MAP charts
- Unlimited Offline Map Downloads
- GPS & Full Navigation Mode
- Autorouting™ – find the best route to your favourite places
- Personal Waypoints & Track Recording
- Import & Export GPX Files – share your Routes, Tracks or Waypoints with friends
- Thousands of pre-loaded Points of Interest
- AIS & C-MAP Traffic – stay safe on the water with increased situational awareness and see where your friends are
- Marine Weather Forecast
- Weather Along the Route
- Weather Overlay
- Chart Personalisation
- High-Resolution Bathymetry
- Custom Depth Shading
- Measure Distance Tool
- Shaded Relief
C-MAP App updates on a continual basis, ensuring the latest, most up-to-date maps and with new features and functionalities added all the time!
The map browser and planning tools are available for free. You can also purchase a Premium subscription, to allow you to download unlimited offline maps, view your GPS position and access full navigational features.
Experience C-MAP App Premium for yourself, with a free 14 day subscription.
Terms of Service
In-App Purchases update to add-on geographies (e.g. Denmark)
- Fixed a very troublesome issue that would cause the app to stop loading new charts in some cases after being in the background for a number of hours. This would cause the basemap to appear (lots of jagged lines instead of proper cartography). Thanks to those who reported the issue and helped us troubleshoot.
- A number of small improvements to the bottom sheet behaviors.
- Fixed an issue where hidden routes/places/tracks would reappear on the chart.
- A number of other small bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful. Fast. Intuitive. Free!
I spent considerable time this past week trying out C-MAP and other marine navigation apps like iNavX, Navionics, Wavve, etc., in an effort to find the best one to run on my iPad while sailing. C-MAP was the hands-down winner so I felt compelled to write a review and let people know how great this app is.
First of all C-MAP stands in stark contrast to competing marine navigation maps because it’s uncluttered and the maps are super snappy and run butter-smooth on my iPad Air. You get intuitive options for distance/time estimating, mapping out routes, basic weather/wave/tide data, your GPS coordinates, even points of interest in the area... and it’s completely FREE! If you choose to upgrade (for just $19/year) you can even see more detailed weather forecasts and AIS traffic on-screen.
As a tech CMO and recreational sailor I have to tell you, this app has every single thing I was looking for and nothing that I wasn’t - some serious thought went into C-MAP, from its design and feature set to its user experience. The only other marine app I use (and don’t really need) now is PredictWind, just to get really granular on wind speed and direction. I happily deleted all of the other marine apps on the iPad. If you’re searching for a boating/sailing navigation app like I was, give this one a try. There’s really no need to look elsewhere.
Developer Response ,
Very happy to read this comment.
Really, thank you for the wonderful review and the 5 stars.
Enjoy boating with C-Map.
Best looking charts available
Embark has quickly become my favorite charts app. The cartography is top-notch and takes full advantage of a high resolution display. Updates are frequent, and the dev team is amazingly responsive. There are still some features I’d love to see (tidal currents, make it easier to find tide stations other than the closest and predictions farther out than a few days, track export), but they are continuously improving and I keep looking forward to seeing update notifications.
I just hooked my B&G MFD up to my account, and I’m loving the way that tracks and routes sync. That feature plus the solid auto-routing make planning a joy- no more standing at the helm fighting the smaller screen and less responsive touchscreen! Instead I can do my planning sitting in an easy chair at home while anticipating the trip!
Hats off to the devs for an app that is truly a joy to use!
This app was a godsend
My family and I were at a fish house down near port Mansfield on the inner coastal. The GPS on our boat malfunctioned when we were out there. This fog rolled into the area after dark and stayed. I frantically searched the App Store to find a boat navigating app because our guide had no way to navigate us back— you could not see the markers. I downloaded this from the middle of the ocean at 12am in my iPhone and used it to guide me back all the way to south padre island with 50 feet of visibility. It worked great and kept us right in the middle of the channel. My children were with a babysitter back in South Padre. There is no way I would have made it back without this app. I would give it 10 stars if I could . 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👌🏼👌🏼
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Navico Norway AS
- 145.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Annual subscription $14.99
- Region $18.99
- Annual Subscription $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.