The Ultimate Marathon training app: 42K Runner is the easiest and most successful program for training for your first full marathon.
42K Runner improves your fitness with a professionally designed training program. You start with a 21K fitness level, and the running gradually increases to a full 42K. Just plug in your headphones, play your favorites music, and the app will guide you.
Motivation is the key factor in long distance running, and 42K Runner keeps you motivated - it's the true magic of this app, and it's built into every screen. The running plan is achievable and enjoyable. The app keeps a log of your runs & achievements, and also awards you with badges. You can easily share all your progress with friends on Facebook, Twitter, or by mail. It even includes motivational quotes to keep your spirit in tune with your body.
This app keeps people running. Built by pros and with proven success, this is the ULTIMATE marathon training app.
----- FEATURE LIST -----
18 WEEK RUNNING PROGRAM
● from 21K to 42K
● alternating walks, runs and faster runs
● starts easy and slowly increases the runs
● audio coach tells you when to walk / run
● works with the screen locked (dark)
● repeat workouts whenever you want
● audio coach can be voice, beeps, or both
MUSIC / GPS / INDOOR-OUTDOOR
● listen to your music during exercises
● audio coach gently blends in when needed
● on-screen controls for Apple music app
● great with all music apps
● works with any GPS app (like Nike+ GPS)
● works outdoors / indoors / treadmill
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
WINS / ACHIEVEMENTS
● each completed run is a win
● receive badges for your progress
● app tracks & logs each time you do a new run
● wins screen shows your history & badges
● share wins / badges with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or by email
AND THERE'S MORE
● guidance & information
● extensive answers to common questions
● links to stretching & warmup videos
● works outdoors / indoors / treadmill
● works perfectly even when your device is locked
● works perfectly in the background
● male & female audio coaches
● flips upside down to fit any armband
● and there is more...
● iPhone & iPod touch
● iPad - use on a treadmill
====== NEWS COVERAGE & REVIEWS ======
5K / 10K Runner apps have been featured on
CNN, Fox, USA Today, Times, Fitness Channel, AppAdvice, AppCraver, Best10Apps, Appolicious, AppOfTheDay, Apple's "New & Noteworthy" MakeUseOf, the iPhone App Review, Remix Your Health, AppShopper, Daily Motion, and so many others…
"If you thought that you could never run - get ready for a BIG surprise. With this app - you will run"
"Its a great App, I was hooked by the second run, and it kept me running"
"If you want to start running and to keep running - this app will do it for you"
"One of the best iPhone running apps I’ve tested."
● In App Purchases:
This App Offers In App Purchases Titled "Premium Upgrade"
• Premium Upgrade: includes full training plans and exercises, as well as plan updates
• The upgrade is either a 6 Month subscription, or a lifetime one time upgrade.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
----- CONTACT US -----
Dear customers, we are here for you!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
First running app I've stuck to!
I've used a lot of running apps. Pretty much all of them, however the simplicity of this one actually made me complete it. I started with the 5k, then moved up to this huge 42k app! I love the reward badges as well! Thank you!!
This app has some significant bugs
There are quite a few problems with this app. Firstly the program will jump to the end even with a simple hard stride - this has happened over and over - if my iPhone is in my running pocket or an arm band iPhone holder. The other major problem is that if I’m on a 150 program the app timer gets stuck and will not stop running so for instance a 150 minute program can run on for 5 hours. These 2 problems need to get fixed ASAP.
I used the 5k app to start running again after several years and the 21K app to train for my 1st half marathon. Loved both. Kept me motivated and on track. Bought the 42k to train for my first marathon. Highly recommended.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- FITNESS22 LTD
- 104.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Fitness22 LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription $7.99
- Lifetime Premium $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.