Discover your family history! Genealogy gets a facelift with MobileFamilyTree 10: modern, interactive, convenient, and fast. Explore your family tree and your family history in a way that would have amazed generations of chroniclers before you. Create visually impressive charts, evaluations, reports, and books, navigate through the Interactive Family Tree or Virtual Tree 3D view and experience genealogy in a whole new way.
• Designed specifically for iPhone and iPad
• Clear and easy-to-use interface
• Show your family tree: charts, reports, views, and lists
• CloudTree Sync&Share: real-time sync and collaboration
• GEDCOM import and export: exchange information with other applications
• Use MacFamilyTree 10 to continue your research and sync on your Mac (sold separately)
RESEARCH AND PUBLISH
• FamilySearch: Billions of genealogical entries
• Export charts and reports in a wide range of formats
• Easy sharing of charts/reports
• Print via AirPrint
WIDE RANGE OF REPORTS AND LISTS
• Person, family, and kinship reports
• Narrative report
• Places list, events list, anniversary list
• Particularities report
• Map report
• Person analysis
• Lists of persons
• Marriage lists
• Plausibility report
• Sources list
• Descendancy report
WIDE RANGE OF CHARTS AND VIEWS
• Hourglass chart
• Double Ahnentafel
• Statistic maps
• 3D Virtual Globe
• Name distribution chart
• Fan chart
• Relationship chart
• Genogram chart
HIGHEST LEVEL OF DATA PRIVACY
• Your data will be stored locally ...
• ... or encrypted and stored on iCloud
• Persons and entries can be hidden from export
The Top New Features in MobileFamilyTree 10
1) Completely New Editing Section
Fully customizable, with a much neater layout, easier data entry, faster navigation, and an alternative editing or viewing mode – this is just a smattering of the many new features we’ve implemented.
2) New: Virtual Tree With AR Mode to Walk Through Your Tree
Our completely redesigned Virtual Tree allows you to view all persons and their connected persons at a glance. You’ll absolutely love the all-new AR mode, which allows you to literally take a walk through your family tree. Experience your family history in a futuristic new way by placing it on a table in front of you or even in the entire room.
3) New: Source Management
The new Source Management is a vastly enhanced feature that helps you store important information and supporting documents for your entries. Get a perfect overview of your information by using customizable source citations and our predefined templates, or by creating your own custom templates.
4) Improved: User Interface
Our improved interface aims to offer superior user experience by providing an even better overview and faster navigation– with a fresh and modern look, lightning-fast display and unsurpassed user-friendliness.
5) New: Virtual Globe now Available on iOS/iPadOS for the First Time
Your family history around the globe. We’ve revamped our Virtual Globe for a better look and improved functionality. You can optionally display images of places, or events that occurred during specific time periods.
6) New: Person Groups
Create as many groups as you like (e.g. all persons from Berlin, everyone from the Miller family line, all relatives you know in person) to highlight them by color across all display formats.
7) Improved: Interactive Tree
Refreshed look and color scheme, greatly improved overall performance, much cleaner presentation of generations and connections.
8) Improved Performance
Nearly everything is much faster: navigation, editing, creating reports, charts, and 3D displays. Synchronization via CloudTree is also dramatically accelerated.
9)… and so much more!
The new version features improved charts/reports including new styles and options, a copy & paste feature for person and family events, GEDCOM 7, a new startup window, and many more exciting features!
- Source citations are now ordered correctly in reports
- Merging families now works as expected
- Improved merging of event types
- Sorting families bei marriage date now works as expected
- Fixed an error uploading places with spaces in their names to FamilySearch
- Configuration of source citations is now correctly exported to GEDCOM files
- Localization improvements
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best pieces of software available for geneaology research
I use a variety of web services, including Ancestry, for research purposes but I love being able to organize information and build trees in a standalone app that is not entirely dependent on a web service; for example, with Ancestry and the like, if those services go down or suffer a data breach or some other issue unique to web services, that's a problem, so if you value having full control over your data, this app is a great choice. The only thing I feel to be lacking, that I hoped might be added with this new revision of the software, is a dark mode.
'Jumpy' Note Additions
I notice with version 10.0.7 every time I try to add to a note of any individual the cursor jumps to the start (beginning) of the note at the top. A second attempt to place the cursor sends the page to the bottom (end) of the note! If you have a long biography to fill in or add to, that can become awfully disconcerting. The 3rd touch to place the cursor, it settles down where you need it. This bug happens whether you use your finger, an Apple Pencil, or a blu-tooth mouse click. I hope this will be fixed soon!
Great Software and Support
Been doing genealogy for over thirty years. This software and the support behind it are simply awesome. Integrates genealogy research real-time across ALL Apple platforms. Seems like anything a genealogist may want to do has been thought of. Beautiful and flexible graphics and presentations. And the technical support is super-responsive and customer-focused.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synium Software GmbH
- 169.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Synium Software 2022
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.