My Lightning Tracker is the best app for monitoring lightning strikes all around the world in close to real-time. With a sleek modern design, you can watch thunderstorms as they occur. You can also receive notifications whenever strikes are detected in your area.
- Detects and displays lightning strikes all around the world!
- See a history of hotspots where lightning strikes occur most often!
- View more detailed information about where the thunderstorm is occurring on a map.
- Receive a lightning alarm when a storm is nearby so that you can monitor it live.
- Share a strike with your friends so that they can see where the thunder & lightning is occurring too!
- Monitor the weather radar to track what could be coming.
- Full support for the latest iPhone and iPad models.
If you want the most efficient way of keeping up lightning strikes and thunderstorms, then My Lightning Tracker is the right lightning network for you. This version is ad-supported and is similar to apps such as Blitzortung, Lightning Cast, Spark and Live Lightning.
This new update brings several more changes based on your suggestions:
- Some of you want the animated radar to keep looping until you decide to stop it. There's a new setting for that.
- Some of you don't want an animated radar at all and would like to hide the slider so that you can see the map more clearly. There is a setting for that as well now.
- The app is now available in Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Italian and Polish.
- General stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Saving lives and stealing wives.
Relax, I just wanted to get your attention. This app is an such an invaluable tool. Also, I’ve waited several years of using this app before writing my review. So if you live in an area like Washington State specifically in areas like mine. It’s the high desert with multiple types of thick vegetation and dense forests. Well occasionally we have storms producing dry lighting. Our problem is that we are a state that has poor forest management and limited resources. I said all that to say this. I’m pretty thankful for the app. It’s accurate to the point that we have responded to lightning strikes before dispatch even notified us of the fire it caused. This happened more than once, saving property as well as limiting the amount of resources it would normally take for such fires. Sköl, app developers! I appreciate you.
Best lighting tracker there is!!
I am a Ham Radio Operator, this app gives me the perfect live data I need to know when to disconnect my antennas. The adjustable settings for lighting alerts is simply amazing. I leave mine set at 30 miles, that’s plenty of time to see the alert and be able to disconnect antennas, you can set it from 0-200 miles for your preference. Being able to zoom in and out around the world and see what a storm is doing somewhere else is a interesting feature in this app. Being able to click on individual strikes to see the distance from your location is a great feature as well. Only time this feature has bothered me is when it said 30ft HIHI. If you need a accurate live lighting map that allows all these features for free this is the one.
Simple and effective
This app is not cool. There is nothing exciting about it instead it just works. It’s simple accurate and enables people who live in places where thunderstorms are possible everyday during no summer etc. to work safely through rainstorms. NLSI recommends stopping work for 30 minutes if lightning strikes within 6 mi of you. This simple app takes the guesswork out of enforcing this policy. With the zoom to nearest strike function you simply open the app and it shows you the nearest strike and distance from you. App has radar function and map choice options but that’s it perfect simple I wish more apps were designed to function simply effectively and efficiently and not try to do everything and have too many options. Thank you guys
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- JRustonApps B.V.
- 68 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 jRustonApps B.V.