OptionPosition+ Version 4.0
OptionPosition+ is a financial analysis App that estimates the value of a set of shares and put and call options for a particular stock. It allows the investor to explore various option hedging positions and create a portfolio that is sensitive to price and volatility fluctuations or that provides protection for various concerns. OptionPosition+ graphically illustrates the value of put protection, covered calls, call spreads, time spreads, delta neutral skew trades, iron condors, etc.. Examples of the use of OptionPosition to explore and display various hedging and speculative strategies are located at our website: www.OptionPosition.com.
OptionPosition+ comes with an initial one month subscription period that provides access to data on most stocks listed on the NYSE and NASDAQ and certain indexes (i.e. SPX, NDX, RUT, RUI). After this one month subscription period you may purchase an auto-renewing subscription through an In-App Purchase. (If you do not maintain a subscription you can only access stock and option data for AAPL.)
• Auto-renewable subscription
• 1 month ($2.99), 2 month ($4.99) and 3 month ($5.99) durations
• Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• delayed stock and option prices for all available strike dates and strike prices (delay varies from 0 to 20 minutes)
• remembers 30 different portfolios each with 6 assets:
..........puts, calls, shares or child portfolios
......................child portfolios can have different underlying stock
......................child portfolios have correlated price
..........long, short any quantity
..........all listed strike dates
..........all listed strike prices
..........e-mail to anyone
• Black-Scholes equation used to determine implied volatility and future value of put and call options
• graphically displays Gain/Loss, Delta, Vega, Theta or Gamma as a function of stock price:
..........now (see black lines below)
..........at any future date up to the earliest strike date (see red lines below)
..........at assumed higher or lower volatilities (see green lines below)
..........with a changing price correlation to child portfolios included as an item/hedge
• graphically displays the probability of future stock prices and the probability of future option portfolio Gains/Losses based on current put/call straddle prices
• graphically displays the Volatility Smile for any expiration date
• scales on the graph are continuously adjustable with one and two finger moves – easily zoom in or out
• tap on the graph to show the X,Y value at a point and the value of the curves at that X value
• diagnostics table shows all Greeks and lets you easily create a Delta neutral portfolio
• 3 month US dollar LIBOR used for risk free interest rate
• incorporates predicted dividend payments into the Black-Scholes calculations without making a ‘fixed dividend rate’ error in Delta
For an explanation of these option positions, and more, see our website www.OptionPosition.com. Screen shots shown below (for both iPhone and iPad):
1) Gain/Loss for a Put Protection in AAPL
2) Gain/Loss graph for an Iron Condor in AAPL
3) Assets (iPad includes Diagnostics) for the Iron Condor in AAPL
4) Delta graph for the Iron Condor in AAPL
5) Probability of the value of the Gain/Loss for the Iron Condor in AAPL
6) Volatility Smile using data source A
Version 4.0: Volatility Smile, Two Data Sources, All new code
Version 4.0.1/.2/.3/.4 - bug fixes, correct Gain/Loss to reflect Cost, modify behavior following iCloud error
Version 4.0.5 - only synch when portfolios change, options for synch conflicts
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Calls and Puts Progress Tracking
I use the tool mainly to track the progress of my AAPL Calls and Puts and in my analysis of when to roll the options forward. It suits my purposes just fine!
Excellent tool for reviewing position dynamics
This tool isn’t perfect, but its a hard problem to solve and this the best I have found so far for tracking real, live, multi-leg option positions. It’s really great to know that when I open a position, I can enter it here and easily test, in real time, anywhere I have my phone or an iPad, different trajectories of change in the value of the position based on time, underlying price and volatility. It has really helped me develop a more intuitive view of the dynamics of multi-leg option positions. Adding cloud support is a great plus to working across devices.
Also, outstanding support.
Used to be a good tool for predicting
Used to be a good tool for predicting portfolio value a few years ago. For the past two years the software has not functioned properly with my iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone X. There is a subscription price so one would expect the product to work as advertised. It was such a great product in the past that I have given the developers an opportunity to improve the product, by my continuing to pay the fees in hopes they will make changes before I dump it.
Developer Response ,
Please upgrade to Version 4.0.2. It may address your issues. And please use the Contact Us button on the Directions tab to tell us about any problems you are having with the app. We can't fix it if you don't tell us about it!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Peter Kramer
- 4.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 - 2020 Kramer&Kramer Software
- In-App Purchases
- full access to stock and option data $5.99
- full access to stock and option data $2.99
- full access to stock and option data $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.