Sleep trouble? Sleep better with Pillow, your smart sleep assistant. Pillow can analyze your sleep cycles automatically using your Apple Watch, or you can use Pillow without an Apple Watch by placing your iPhone or iPad on the mattress near your pillow.
Use Pillow as a smart alarm clock to wake up at the lightest possible sleep stage and start your day refreshed and relaxed. Record important audio events such as snoring, sleep apnea, and sleep talking. Explore trends about your sleep and compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health metrics that affect sleep.
As seen on:
The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories, Daily Mail, and many more. Rated as one of the best sleep tracking apps for the Apple Watch and iPhone.
Join the millions that have discovered the life-changing benefits of great sleep!
TRACK YOUR SLEEP AUTOMATICALLY
- Simply wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep.
- View last night's report right on your Apple Watch, along with the heart rate analysis for the night.
- Switch between manual and automatic mode anytime.
SLEEP CYCLE & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- Advanced sleep cycle analysis algorithm based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research.
- Detailed heart rate analysis
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep score.
- Pillow updates Apple Health's Sleep category
- iOS 14 Widgets to view your sleep report
- Snoring, sleep apnea, sleep talking
- Play, export, or delete audio recordings.
*Not available in automatic sleep tracking mode.
- Analyze your sleep cycles and find the best time to fall asleep.
PERSONALISED INSIGHTS & SLEEP TIPS
- Discover your sleep profile
- Regularly updated sleep tips
- Explore your sleep history with Week, Month, Year, and All Time overviews.
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep.
BACKUP & SYNCHRONIZE
- Synchronize and backup your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices.
ALARM PRESETS & NAPS
- Powernap, recovery, and full-cycle nap
- Customisable alarm presets
MOOD & NOTES
- Track your mood when you wake up
- Discover how your notes affect your sleep quality
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Wake up sounds
- Use a track from Apple Music or iTunes as an alarm.
- Sleep aid music, soundscapes, stories, meditations.
- Siri Wind Down support
- Unlimited sleep history & analysis
- Sleep trends
- Sleep notes
- Heart rate analysis
- Sound recordings
- Nap modes & Customisable presets
- Full access to all Sleep aid content
- Access all wake-up melodies
- Sleep tips & Personalised insights
- Compare your sleep quality with Apple Health metrics
- Wake-up melodies from your iTunes library or Apple Music
- Data export in CSV format
Learn more at https://pillow.app
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account as soon as you confirm your purchase. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal from your Account Settings after the purchase. If you start a free trial, you will be charged automatically at the end of the trial period unless you cancel 24 hours before the expiration period.
Your subscription will renew automatically unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. The renewal cost will be charged to your account within 24 hours before the end of the current period. When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the existing subscription will not be refunded. If offered, any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
- Pillow has a new weekly view! You can easily check your progress and navigate between days
- Pillow now offers a variety of alternative icons! We had a ton of fun preparing these and more will be added later
- Performance improvements in the main diary view
- Fixed an issue that could produce erroneous results when editing sessions in some rare cases
- Improved delivery of the bedtime notification
- Various small visual fixes and adjustments
- Translation corrections and updates
- Stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Pillow is stuffed with ways to improve your sleep. The app tracks your z’s, records your moods, and follows your daily routine to help you establish a consistent sleep pattern, night after night. We love the app’s intersection of sleep and data. Tell Pillow about your daily routine—including your mood, meal times, and amount of caffeine you’ve consumed—and it’ll begin to learn what’s helping and hindering you at night.
Love it so far!
I’ve only been using this with my Apple Watch for a couple weeks now so I’m still learning. I can’t remember what I didn’t have before I upgraded but I feel like the free version was quite basic. I’ve never paid for an app upfront and it was pricey but well worth it.
My only issue (although I thing this is my body and terrible sleep patterns rather than the app itself) is that for a few days, the alarm would go off early, while I was in a light sleep mode, and I’d wake up feeling so refreshed. Since then though, it doesn’t go off until the exact alarm time and the analysis shows I’d been in rem sleep for an hour prior to my alarm. So I’m not as refreshed and then just keep hitting snooze. (The snooze times are a whole different issue that I don’t understand but I shouldn’t snooze anyways so that’s on me!)
If I’m in rem cycle during that 30 minute window, obviously my watch vibration won’t go off until the actual alarm time but I would love an option to set a specific time range that it can wake me earlier instead of just 30 minutes. If I could wake up better at 5:15 than I would at 7, I’d be great with waking up much earlier.
This may be an option I just haven’t found yet but if it isn’t, that would be an awesome addition to a future update.
Love this app!
Great until it wasn’t
When I first got this app it was great. I was so happy to find a sleep tracking app that worked with Apple Watch and didn’t force you to pay just to track your sleep. The automatic sleep detection was absolutely awesome. I loved the interface. It was annoying how you had to buy the premium version to see your past sleep data, but not a deal breaker. But then one day the automatic sleep detection stopped working. I would wake up and eagerly check the Pillow app only to see that it didn’t collect any data. I thought it might be a problem with my Apple Watch so I went through all of the steps to make sure it was detecting my heart rate, had permission to collect data, etc. none of that worked. I turned off automatic sleep detection mode and put it to manual. And it worked! But as I was checking my sleep data in the morning I got a low battery alert on my phone. My phone that had been at 100% 7 hours before was now at 14% without me using it. I also quit all of my apps before going to bed. This also happened the next few nights I used manual mode. I can’t help but to think that that is the cause of the power drain. I don’t have a place to plug my phone in overnight where my phone can still be in range of my watch, so this is a problem for me. I’m going to try turning automatic sleep detection back on tonight to see if it detects anything/if it was just a glitch. Aside from that, the app is really great and I would really like to keep using it.
Developer Response ,
Hello! When you use Pillow with your iPhone, Pillow performs processor-intensive tasks that consume battery. To avoid any inconvenience we recommend that you keep your device on the charger during the night. Pillow on the Apple Watch consumes 0% battery if you have enabled "Automatic" mode or if you have selected "Sleep cycles" only. Please note, however, that if you are using WatchOS 5.x or older, the Apple Watch Pillow has an optional feature that can wake you up using haptic feedback (vibrations). To achieve that, Pillow uses a background audio mode (no audio is recorded if you have disabled audio recordings) that can consume a significant amount of battery . If you disable that feature then Pillow on the Apple Watch will consume almost 0% of the battery. To disable alarms with Apple Watch Haptics: Open Pillow on the Apple Watch > Scroll to the bottom > Tap on “Settings“ > De-select ‘Apple Watch Haptics’. Furthermore, if you have gone through all the suggested solutions on the following article and the issue persists, please contact our support team to assist you further: https://intercom.help/pillow_app/en/articles/3733534-insufficient-data-for-sleep-detection-or-pillow-couldn-t-detect-any-sleep-sessions . To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone › Tap on the Settings icon › Select ‘Helpdesk’
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neybox Digital Ltd.
- 299.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Neybox Digital
- In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium - Annual $39.99
- Pillow Premium - Monthly $6.99
- Pillow Premium - Legacy $249.99
- Pillow Premium - Quarterly $19.99
- Pillow Premium - Annual $39.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.