The new SchoolMessenger app gives busy parents, students, and staff a powerful way to stay engaged with their school or district, and connect to each other.
- Easy-to-read inbox that captures all SchoolMessenger notifications, and now two-way teacher-parent-student messages (if enabled by school or district)
- Scrollable notification view to review all phone, email, and text content in a single place
- Detailed preference control allows adjusting notification settings
- Push notifications are available for alerts when school or district sends a message
- For notifications, school or district has SchoolMessenger notification service subscription with SchoolMessenger app enabled
- For notifications, valid email address on file with your school or district
- WiFi or data plan for internet access
- iOS 14+
SchoolMessenger app is not for sending broadcast messages. If you are a SchoolMessenger Communicate notification customer looking to send broadcast messages, please download the SchoolMessenger Admin sender app.
Enhancements, Bugfixes and Requirements: Added support for iOS 15 and updated minimum requirements for the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Enjoy this app
I would like to say that is app works for me. It makes it easier for me to update who care get the notification or not, or just emegency. Sometimes with all the work that I have, I tend to be forgetful about the update meeting I can go to. I would differently say try this app and work through it, you won't regret it.
If I could give zero stars I would. This app is not conducive to a parent or a teacher’s needs. As an educator, it will not allow me to delete messages. Sending a message to families is a multi step process that can be aggravating to deal with especially if one is in a hurry. Notifications do not go through properly. (Either not at all or 12 notifications for one message) There is no way for a parent to begin a message to me through this app. They are forced to reply to an announcement I have made and most parents have opted out for fear of everyone seeing their replies (even though I make it private). Parents are not getting messages until a day or two later. My school district has had to send out MULTIPLE test messages in the middle of the year to ensure everyone is receiving the district’s messages. There are some serious functionality issues with this app. School messenger should contact Remind Me and take notes. If our district hadn’t taken on this app I would still be using Remind for my classroom and families. Good luck to those of you who have download this horrible app.
Useful but hard to read the tiny text of messages
The most useful aspect of this app - getting a direct notification instead of needing to listen to a call of unknown length - could be vastly improved if the message could be read in a user-friendly way. The tiny text is barely readable on even a large phone screen.
I do appreciate getting the email and voice options in one place, and I’d really like to be able to quickly scan the text.
Devs, please try reading a message in app - while it’s possible to zoom in, the usability for reading a whole page is atrocious. I usually give up a scrolling side to side and just leave the app to load the email.
Supporting viewing in landscape mode would fix this easily! You could also support Dynamic Type. I see this has been reported to the developers for *years*, and it wouldn’t take a lot to make this much more user-friendly.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Reliance Communications, Inc.
- 37.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 SchoolMessenger